PDA

View Full Version : an ogre query.

captain sarcasmo
25-06-2008, 21:30
hey all.
im starting up an ogre army and have read through the magic items list intently to find what id like and came across a nice item for my hunter. but in a recent test game one of the other gamers asked a question which i dismissed on fluffy grounds but wanted to clarify.

the query is about the greedy fist magic armour. it is supposed to be a gauntlet (in its description in italics) and in one part of its description it explains that an ogre with this item that rolls succesfully to hit a wizard means that wizard loses a magic level.
i just wanted to clarify that this is only to roll to hit not to wound or an unsaved wound?
and it does not state it applies to combat only so would this work on a hunters harpoon? (i said no, but just to clarify)

cheers guys

Loopstah
25-06-2008, 21:36
the query is about the greedy fist magic armour. it is supposed to be a gauntlet (in its description in italics) and in one part of its description it explains that an ogre with this item that rolls succesfully to hit a wizard means that wizard loses a magic level.
i just wanted to clarify that this is only to roll to hit not to wound or an unsaved wound?
and it does not state it applies to combat only so would this work on a hunters harpoon? (i said no, but just to clarify)

cheers guys

It specifies each successful hit so it works on successful rolls to hit only.

The FAQ specifies the Greedy Fist's effects only work in Close Combat.