PDA

View Full Version : Leadership/Break/Psych tests in variety unit.

The_Dragon_Rising
26-06-2008, 08:08
This is a question that touches on many rules that i know but together i am unsure of. If somebody can clarify or point me to pages then that would be great.

Lizardman(southlands) army and i have a unit.
2 Skink Priests on Stegadons, 1 on each flank
4th gen slaan in the middle with BSB
Skink cohorts filling out the gaps.

Now as far as i know this is a legal unit.
Confusion however:
- Break Test- LD9 BSB so i use that, however do i use stubborn of the stegadons at any point?
- Terror, etc- am i right in thinking the whole unit is immune to fear and terror due to the two stegadons?

Thats it- however if any other problems can be thought of, so as to minimise problems i face in game can you please post them and answer them, thankyou.

Tarax
27-06-2008, 20:16
Noone has answered and that's for the simple reason that you shouldn't go there. Too much at stake in one unit/all your eggs in one basket kind of thing.

However, you are not stubborn, as this rules does not transfer from the character to the unit, which is leading.

The unit is immune to Fear and Terror because of the Stegadons, but the enemy does not necessarily have to take a test when they do not have to fight a Stegadon.

Loopstah
27-06-2008, 20:35
However, you are not stubborn, as this rules does not transfer from the character to the unit, which is leading.

Actually it does. A stubborn character allows the unit they join to test on their stubborn leadership. (bottom 78, top 79).

So they could test using the Slanns modified leadership or the stubborn leadership of the Priests, if the Slanns was modified lower than that.

The_Dragon_Rising
28-06-2008, 09:59
Noone has answered and that's for the simple reason that you shouldn't go there. Too much at stake in one unit/all your eggs in one basket kind of thing.

I am aware it is a tactically unsafe unit but it is for a fun army that i want to play when i do not want to run my 2nd gen slaan, skink horde army of doom :angel:

Actually it does. A stubborn character allows the unit they join to test on their stubborn leadership. (bottom 78, top 79).

So they could test using the Slanns modified leadership or the stubborn leadership of the Priests, if the Slanns was modified lower than that.

Ok thanks for clearing that up.

Tarax
28-06-2008, 14:03

You are correct. I always assumed it wasn't so. I thought a stubborn character did not give his stubbornness to any unit he joins. Well, I've learned something today.

Griefbringer
28-06-2008, 14:08
I thought a stubborn character did not give his stubbornness to any unit he joins.

I think there was a switch on this between the 6th and 7th edition.

Tarax
28-06-2008, 14:10
You could be right.

There are not so many stubborn units, let alone charcters, so this situation does not happen a lot.