PDA

View Full Version : How much are these worth?

Royal Tiger
26-06-2008, 11:01
Now I didn't know where to ask this, so if this is a bad place to ask, then thats fine feel free to move it

I wish to know if these books are worth anything in Pounds Sterling

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn172/King_Tiger_101/Books001.jpg
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn172/King_Tiger_101/Books002.jpg
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn172/King_Tiger_101/Books003.jpg
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn172/King_Tiger_101/Books005.jpg

(a warhammer fantasy one, but pointless creating another thread for 1 thing)
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn172/King_Tiger_101/Books004.jpg

I just wanna know there worth, this is not a place to post if you will buy them, if there worth my time selling then it will be in the trading area later on

pookie
26-06-2008, 11:10
the first two - rule book from 2nd ed and the codex imperialis, well they arent worth taht much in general, prob less that 10 for them both, but on ebay people do pay more, it depends on how much they want them.

the nids codex sint worth too much, because its only comptable with 2nd ed.

the RT Era Rule book can go for around 20 sometimes more, again, mainly to collectors.

the Fantasy rule book as above.

all thiese are from memory on what ive seen myself on ebay, im sure the could be worth a lot more, but that is down to the person who actually wants them

bilewretcher
26-06-2008, 11:19
Agreed, it could be worthwhile poking around for different gaming communities, and forums like this one and advertising on there. My guess is they'll sell due to nostalgia to some of the older players. I'd imagine the Rogue Trader Book would be worth quite a bit now to a collector. I'm sure in the 300th edition of white dwarf they mentioned rogue trader was pretty rare now.

Latro_
26-06-2008, 11:57
Yea the first two are not worth all that much as they were bundled with the 2ed box set, so there are loads of these still floating about

Nid codex is worth a little more
Biggest asset is the RT rule book, I think i spent 25-30 quid on the one i got.

Royal Tiger
26-06-2008, 12:02
jolly good, gives me an idea on what to charge now

2nd ed rulebook 4
Imperialis 4
Tyranid codex 4
Fantasy rulebook....when you say "as above" Pookie did you mean as with the 2nd ed stuff, as as the Rogue trader book?
Rogue trader I'll just charge 15 for, I'm not greedy

ZamOne
26-06-2008, 12:20
you putting them up on ebay? if so would you accept interantional bidders? I'd like to try for that RT book for nostalgia.

AdmiralDick
26-06-2008, 13:44
3rd Ed Warhammer and RT are of the same time period, so they are equally rare and valuable, but there are more 40k players now so there are fewer copies of RT per head that want them, meaning it is worth a bit more. they can vary wildly in price based on condition and competition but i paid 30 for each of mine, but they can go as high as 50 or as low as 10.

personally i wouldn't pay much at all for the two 2nd Ed books, because, as everyone else has pointed out they are part of a boxed set that you haven't got, so they can't be used other than for reference. depending on conditions they would fetch between 2 - 5 each.

the Codex: Tyranids is obviously worth a bit more on its own, but again i have purchased plenty of 2nd Ed codexes for as little as 2 on eBay. but one in good nick can get upto 5 depending on the situation (i wouldn't spend that much on it, but some people are willing to).

Royal Tiger
26-06-2008, 14:30
cheers for all that then, I'll go plonk them in the sale section

@Zamone, unfortunatly I'm not using Ebay as it can be a little too risky for my tastes, and I'd probably be sticking to the UK area, to limit both postage costs (a pile of books is quite heavy) or travel costs (if they live nearby I'm not gonna bother posting, its quicker for both of us) and also to limit the risks a little.

Shallowain
26-06-2008, 14:31
Thats not 3rd ed fantasy, its the rulebook from the 4th ed boxed set. I have both here, I know the difference.

Royal Tiger
26-06-2008, 16:20
well no matter, already sold them to a mate without even posting in the sale section haha

cheers for the help anyway

AdmiralDick
26-06-2008, 16:32
Thats not 3rd ed fantasy, its the rulebook from the 4th ed boxed set. I have both here, I know the difference.

oh yeah.

didn't really look that hard, but the big "Rulebook" on the front and totally different logo is a sign i really should have picked up on.

ZamOne
28-06-2008, 10:22
cheers for all that then, I'll go plonk them in the sale section

@Zamone, unfortunatly I'm not using Ebay as it can be a little too risky for my tastes, and I'd probably be sticking to the UK area, to limit both postage costs (a pile of books is quite heavy) or travel costs (if they live nearby I'm not gonna bother posting, its quicker for both of us) and also to limit the risks a little.

Fair enough, Tiger, I guess I'll keep searching the second hand bookshops in my city for a copy then.