PDA

View Full Version : chaos need help(nurgle)

lector#1
26-06-2008, 15:21
hey guys i saw a cool conversion of a nurgle lord on chariot today (used as normal chaos warrior) but im thinking of getting back into fantasy and going back into my nurgle army but im not to fond of the new rules in the WD i dont know what it is but both 40k chaos and fantasy chaos lords got nerfed in their wargear choices.... but any way back on subject

i was thinking of running a pure warriors and knights list not sure how these work but ill get to that later, the lord i was going to field was

chaos lord, mark of nurgle, armour of damnation, flail, chariot i dont like the new choice of weapons so i left him with flail either that or sword that gives more wounds, no matter the army i will run 2 chariots with mark of nurgle with him.
for the list i was thinking of 1 unit of chosen knights, 2 level 2 sorcerers, 1 unit of chosen warriors with additional hand weapons and 2 units of warriors with shields all have FC
how would this list work and is the lord good on chariot and is there a magic weapon that would suit him better on the chariot

thanx for the help

_Lucian_
26-06-2008, 19:20
Wait till the end of fall, Warriors of Chaos book is set to be released. Dont go using the 'get you by list' in WD, its more of a 'let you die list'.

Lords in Chariots are a big points sink although weapons like the beserker blade with the helm of many eyes(im not sure if the beserker made it into the WD list, dont have mine handy) are best used here. From personal experience heros make awesome riders in chariots, chariots become hearse's with a lord in them.

Using the current list you are very limited and i would definatly field some hounds and marauder horsemen. Warriors are still pricy and slow so without sufficient 'disruption' units you will be left playing re-active, which is never good as offensive combat armies need to be 100% proactive.

lector#1
27-06-2008, 09:08
ok reason why i take lord i love having a T5 4 wound character with the black maul but now i cant take the beasts magic weapons.... or can i?

reason for chariot is im now used to running korhil on a chariot in a 1000-1500pt list and i love my lords on chariots now thats why im going to run 2 chariots with my lord as i do with my white lions and yeah ive been thinking of how i used to run my old chaos list and yeah im going to run 2 normal units of warriors with shields, a unit of chosen knights, 10-15 warhounds and then 3 massive units of marauders, oh and with the beserker sword does the unit str count on the rank or the number of models in the rank?

Lord Snerual
27-06-2008, 09:36
I would say: use what you wanna use common, I think it is only fun for everyone to let chaos be chaos. So ask your opponents if you may use beasts items.

The list is a very mobile one, how many points were you going to spend on it?

I would use the list in your armybook. Don't use that WD list.

lector#1
27-06-2008, 12:42
well the list was going to be 2000pts

with a nurgle lord in chariot, 2 nurgle chariots, 1 unit of 5 chosen knights, 2 units of warriors with shields(maybe extra hand weapon) 10-15 war hounds, and 2 - 3 lvl 2's

does any one know if mark of nurgle for lords still give the +1 wound or is it that lords only cause fear now?

for my lord depending on what peopel let me take it would be

lord
mark of nurgle, chariot, black maul, armor of damnation, shield.

if they are going to be jerks about it it would become

lord, MoN, chariot, beserker sword, armor, helm of many eyes, sshield

ive always found the black maul to be a nurgle lords weapon thats why my old nurgle lord had to be changed alot to hold a giant maul but most of the people i play fantasy against will let me use the black maul other wise ill just use a flail and then spend more points on magic =D

_Lucian_
28-06-2008, 07:34
Firstly no you cant use any items from the BoC or DoC. So no black maul, i would also say this is a very slow list as chariots cannot march and you have nothing to protect your flanks or hunt down war machines. The issue with having a LoC in a chariot is more related to the points. Korhil in a chartiot is alittle pricy, but not as much as a LoC, your looking at what 100pts for chariot 200 for LoC and 100pts magic items? so 400point chariot without any save or support units. Something like this is always fun but in my game circle its something you would be punished for on turn 2. I cant stress enough the need for atleast 2 units of chaos hounds especially in an army which is so slow..

Also Lord Snerual its illegal to use the list in the HoC book, you have to use the WD list and so writing a list based around it is asking for a slap... unless ofcourse you are playing in a small gaming group who would allow such things.

You seem to be a little confused about the rules lists. If you are writing your list around the WD list, they only cause fear. If the HoC they cause fear and +1 W, you have to make perfectly clear though that you use the complete list of only one. Mixing and matching lists between the two lists is not only illegal but imo totally cheesy and bearded, i could understand using only the HoC with allowance from your friends, but mixing and matching rules is cheating for lack of a better word

lector#1
28-06-2008, 16:19
well i havent started this army yet so im waiting for september when new book comes out...... the reason why the lord has those weapons is just to give an idea for his points cost.. and i did say thqat there was 10-15 war hounds so 2-3 units of 5 warhounds, there is a unit of chosen knights and 2 more chariots to back up the lord in chariot.. and all that there is about 1000 points give or take so then ill add in 2 units of marauder horsemen, 1-2 units of warriors, and if i have any more points ill bulk the army up with marauder infantry or maybe forget about warriors all together and have lots of marauders. but with the new book it would be kind of a super nerf to chaos if they have the magic items as shown in the WD and would suck big time

i dont want to start the army spend 2 weeks mass converting and painting a lord on chariot when new chariots and new and better looking lords will come out and i wont waste money on things that will end up in my bits box

OldMaster
28-06-2008, 17:48
Dont go using the 'get you by list' in WD, its more of a 'let you die list'.

Greatly said xD

Also Lord Snerual its illegal to use the list in the HoC book, you have to use the WD list and so writing a list based around it is asking for a slap... unless ofcourse you are playing in a small gaming group who would allow such things.

Not grealy said :\

But yeah, i'ts kinda hard to wint iwth Chaos by now... we'll see about it in november ;)

snyggejygge
28-06-2008, 21:43
Also Lord Snerual its illegal to use the list in the HoC book, you have to use the WD list and so writing a list based around it is asking for a slap...

Who says itīs illegal?? Your friends? The ones you play with? The tournament organizers (most tournaments still allow HoC & BoC as they used to be)? Or is it just GW who doesnīt really know much about their own game?
Remember the one & only rule that matters in warhammer, it should be about fun, if he & his opponents thinks that HoC is more fun then they still follow the most important rule...

lector#1
29-06-2008, 05:02
yeah im not going to start this army just yet im going to wait a little while and i dont want to spend money on a chariot and a lord for me to then get new models so im going to wait for the new moidels and book so i can have some other optiobns to give a chaos lord and have the new cool looking models for my lord

WhiteKnight
29-06-2008, 05:39
(most tournaments still allow HoC & BoC as they used to be)

Beasts of Chaos do not need to have a new book. They didn't have daemons built into their army book list, just hordes of chaos did.

_Lucian_
29-06-2008, 09:39
"With the arrival of the Chaos Daemons list for
Warhammer, we have a new approach to dealing with the
different armies of Chaos, with each army being treated
separately and given their own army book. As a result, the
old Hordes of Chaos list is no longer valid"

taken straight from the downloadable pdf from the warhammer website, i understand that some tournaments and gaming groups still allow the old list, however im yet to meet anyone who uses the old list without having to ask permission first in our gaming group. I personally have been effected by this as my beast/horde/deamon mix UK 2k tournament list has become invalid in some tournies so ive had to make a new pure beasts list.

And you didnt mention the hounds before, i like your second description alot more.

lector#1
29-06-2008, 11:02
well the list was going to be 2000pts

with a nurgle lord in chariot, 2 nurgle chariots, 1 unit of 5 chosen knights, 2 units of warriors with shields(maybe extra hand weapon) 10-15 war hounds, and 2 - 3 lvl 2's
does any one know if mark of nurgle for lords still give the +1 wound or is it that lords only cause fear now?

for my lord depending on what peopel let me take it would be

lord
mark of nurgle, chariot, black maul, armor of damnation, shield.

if they are going to be jerks about it it would become

lord, MoN, chariot, beserker sword, armor, helm of many eyes, sshield

ive always found the black maul to be a nurgle lords weapon thats why my old nurgle lord had to be changed alot to hold a giant maul but most of the people i play fantasy against will let me use the black maul other wise ill just use a flail and then spend more points on magic =D

yeah i did

_Lucian_
29-06-2008, 18:12
I meant in the first rendition of the list but meh its moot i didnt notice them in the second either.

aforce808
01-07-2008, 12:18
Um, actually, you can win with the new WoC list. It doesn't have all of the options that the new books have, but you can make a list that is simple yet effective. Start with Banner of the Gods. This banner is a game breaker. Also, take a look at the Staff of Change. I don't think you need to ask why these items are uber powerful. You can't use the same tactics that worked in the HoC book, but with cheaper troops and the few good items that you actually have, this army can be tough to beat. I know someone who plays with it and has yet to lose since the "get you by" list came out, but he is a good, experienced player. If you lose, it's probably because of you. Not your army. Play with who you like and learn to win with them. Or you could jump on the bandwagon and play one of the new armies. It's up to you really. The newer armies are easier to play with, but I still beat them regularly with my Dark Elves. I have played my Dark Elves for years now and know how to win with them. I took a lot of beatings early on, but experience pays off after a while. Just my 2-cents.

lector#1
02-07-2008, 04:44
yes the WD list is kind of basic but it isnt the reason why im holding off starting this army the reason im holding off is i dont want to waste money on the army when new models are going to come out and i wont field the old ones (depending on looks) and it would be really weird if GW left the army book with 1 page of magic items it would have to have alot of stories and fluff for it to be worth printing other wise it would be an extremely small army book. what i would like is some better god specific weapons, like for nurlge + str or something along those lines as adds poison attacks isnt really nesecary for a minimum str 5 lord character. if the new models were out now i would have bought most of the army and have done my basic start paint job on them to get ready for the detail but they havent so im hanging for the new models especially new chariots and lord models because that is what im basing my army around, i was thinking of having 10-15 marauder horsemen, 20 warriors, 2 sorcerers, 1 lord in chariot, 3-4 chariots and the rest of the points in to marauder infantry just for a large combat patrol sort of army.

in my head the way this army is supposed to work is the lord/chariot and the other chariots are obviously my hammer AND anvil of the army, marauder infantry and horsemen are my flankers and static combat res units and my warriors are little hammers for the army. as lord/chariot and 1 chariot run down the opossing elite units and lords the other 2-3 chariots will hunt down the threatning infantry and calvary while my horse men take out the warmachines as they are my biggest threat against chariots, and the infantry are my back up force they slowly get to the oposing team but when they are there they inflict as much inhumanly pain as possible.

by all units that can will have the mark of nurgle as i am one of the people who hate mixing marks i dont know why but it just doesnt seem right.

_Lucian_
02-07-2008, 10:10
chariots cannot be anvils, no static combat res will see them lose round after round of combat, if anything your marauder infantry should be your anvil as WS4 and a 4+ save is respectable. Keep your chariots as hammers as they cannot march so will advance at the same speed (techinically 1" slower) as your infantry blocks.

afroce808 i would never suggest that the curretn WD is impossible to win with, however there the vast majority of players (that i know, including myself) have been stinted abit with the new restrictions on cavalry, although not impossible to win its extremely difficult against an opponent just as skilled with a more competitive army