PDA

View Full Version : Settra, what happens if you wound him with a stregth 7 hit?

Hulkster
27-06-2008, 06:55
I was thinking the other day, special characters who are in chariots, what happens if they get hit and wounded by a strength 7 attack?

does the chariot die? does he die with it? are all wounds allocated on the character before the chariot?

Obviously I was thinking about this in relation to Settra.

Thanks in advance

Condottiere
27-06-2008, 08:06
IIRC you have to state before casting the die whom you're attacking, the crew/chariot or the character. A successful unsaved strength 7 strike on the chariot would destroy it and leave the character to continue on foot. Is Settra considered crew or not?

Griefbringer
27-06-2008, 09:27
Presumably, a special character in a chariot would be treated the same way as an ordinary character in a chariot?

Condottiere
27-06-2008, 09:41
Would the case be then you strike at the chariot using Settra's WS, but with a successful strength 7 strike, the chariot is destroyed and Settra is unharmed and on foot?

Loopstah
27-06-2008, 09:43
Would the case be then you strike at the chariot using Settra's WS, but with a successful strength 7 strike, the chariot is destroyed and Settra is unharmed and on foot?

I would say so, as the chariot is given it's own statline in his entry rather than one combined statline of Settra + Chariot.

T10
27-06-2008, 10:09
Most characters in chariots do not count as "crew" and therfore do not provide the chariot with an improved WS. This is important since attacks against the chariot component of the model is resolved using the highest WS of its mounts or crew.

For example:

- Attacks against a Goblin Wolf Chariot is resolved against the wolves WS 3, not the goblin crew's WS 2.
- Attacks against the Empire War Altar is resolved agains the horses' WS 3, not the character's WS

Surprisingly, the Beastman special character is noted as "crew"...

-T10

Sylass
27-06-2008, 10:27
How about daemonic chariots? They don't have a crew apart of the herald...

Condottiere
27-06-2008, 10:30
Can I interpret this as meaning a strike against Settra's Chariot would be resolved against the WS of his steeds' WS 2?

T10
27-06-2008, 10:32
Attacks against daemonic chariots are worked out against the WS of the mount.

And as for Settra: that appears to be the case.

-T10

Hulkster
27-06-2008, 17:16
right so if i hit the chariot he continues on foot and those hits are against the horse WS.

whats happens if he doesnt have a models to represent him on foot

theunwantedbeing
27-06-2008, 17:26
You direct attacks against the chariot or the character on the chariot.
If you do more wounds than nessecary then excess wounds do not transfer over to another model.

If the chariot is destroyed the character riding it is still alive, although if you dont have a model to represent the character then you remove them as if they had been slain.

Hulkster
27-06-2008, 17:29
cool, can you allocate say 4 attacks at the character and 3 against the chariot

theunwantedbeing
27-06-2008, 18:01
If you had 7 attacks then yes.

This is all covered in the basic rules for warhammer.
A quick read through will probably answer all your questions.

Hulkster
29-06-2008, 23:09
well since he was a special character i thought i would check.

no need to be condescending

Gobbo Lord
01-07-2008, 13:17
if you destroy a characters chariiot he continues on foot. If you dont have the exact model to represent them just write settra on the base of a normal skeleton, with the loss of the bitz service i see this as fine. I wouldnt expect someone to fork out for a second settra chariot just to use settra on foot.

However i think they also take a strength 4? hit for falling off of their chariot

Loopstah
01-07-2008, 13:26
However i think they also take a strength 4? hit for falling off of their chariot

They don't. You just place them within 2".

EvilMinion
01-07-2008, 14:24
Your character would just leave the wrecked chariot behind.