PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Armour on dead riders

eleveninches
27-06-2008, 13:55
If a dragonlord has dragon armour on him, and he dies, does the dragon still count as being immune to flaming attacks. It seems a bit odd that he wouldn't, because although the rider is dead, the armour covering the dragon is still there. It doesnt state that it only effects the dragon whilst the rider is alive, it just says that 'the wearer and his mount are immune to flaming attacks'.

EvC
27-06-2008, 14:00
Yes, the person with the item has to still be there for the item to take effect... you're already getting a ridiculously good advantage from the armour's silly rule, leave it at that and be grateful, you naughty rules lawyer ;)

eleveninches
27-06-2008, 14:03
In reality, his body would still be there, and his amrour would still be protecting the dragon. It doesnt say anywhere 'as long as the rider is alive'

EvC
27-06-2008, 14:06
Yeah, and maybe your Prince should still cause terror when his mount is dead, as it doesn't say "as long as the Dragon is alive".

In reality... Dragons don't exist.

eleveninches
27-06-2008, 14:10
I concede the point

T10
28-06-2008, 08:44

Damn. I was hoping to use that one!

-T10

isidril93
28-06-2008, 08:56
i would stop.

but how come dragons are not immune to fire. i mean they spout it dont they?

logan054
28-06-2008, 09:01
im pretty sure dragon dont actually contain fireballs but more like spit out a gas/liquid which the ignite ;) please, wouldnt they just blow up like a nuke when they died otherwise (and beside the points not all dragon breath fire, some just gas ;) ).

I also tend to think when the rider dies he falls off ;)

Griefbringer

Hey, I have seen documentary from China showing dragons dancing on the streets! They did not breath fire of fly, though.

It is the high elves that do not exist in reality!

Anyway, this is Warhammer - reality does not count. :evilgrin:

OldMaster
Still a six feet sword through the neck is painful no matter flaming or not >.>
Flame must seriously give a Strength bonus which is negated by armour of Caledor and that's all -.-...
And I won't let a player cheat and will deny the effctiveness of a dead artifact on a rider...
btw, what if he is swallowed by a Giant? Would his armour still protect the dragon from inside the fellow's gut? Or would the Giant himself be imuune to flaming attacks? :rolleyes:

Conspyre
28-06-2008, 17:04
Monstrous Mounts and their riders are separate targets, and are removed separately. If the prince gets killed, he is removed from play, therefore also removing his Dragon Armor's effects. If dragons could get Dragon Barding or something, it'd be pretty sweet, but considering that there is no game effect for all the shiny metal on the figure (as their save is just a Scaly Save, with no option for further armor), I don't really see that happening any time soon.

Fulgrim's-Chosen
28-06-2008, 22:57
Which is what makes the Dragon Armor gives the benefit to the Mount FAQ ruling perhaps THE most ridiculous in recent GW history (the one that is close is the Dreadlance VS. Annoyance of Nettlings , "4+ it !" ruling, which NOBODY I knew suspected or played it as before).

I have no problem with the armor-wearing Prince being immune...but why in the world is the huge Dragon his little Elf body is sitting on ALSO immune to it ?

The notion that, well maybe the Dragon has the same armor/barding on its body?, is negated by the (Correct) answers in this thread; when the Rider is gone, the benefit of his Armor no longer protects the Dragon from flaming attacks.

Since that is the case, we can clearly see that the only reason the Dragon is getting his immunity to Fire is from the Rider's Armor....which makes no sense, again. How does a flaming catapult stone (for instance) which strikes the dragon on its right-rear leg, NOT going to hurt it because of the mounted Elf sitting about 35 feet further up the creature's back on the neck region-saddle because of ARMOR that the ELF is wearing......BUT...as soon as the Elf slumps from the saddle and falls down, dead.....THEN that same projectile hitting the same area of the Dragon would suddenly cause it injury, etc. and be able to harm it ? :rolleyes:

Silly GW. . . :eyebrows:

Gazak Blacktoof
28-06-2008, 23:21
I believe the only case of monstrous mount benefiting from the immunity to fire rule is when the rider is wearing the armour of caledor (the magic item version of dragon armour).

A character wearing normal dragon armour doesn't confer this bonus to a monstrous mount.

theunwantedbeing
28-06-2008, 23:25
A character wearing normal dragon armour doesn't confer this bonus to a monstrous mount.

Oh he does.

Fulgrim's-Chosen
29-06-2008, 00:26
Right, ;) I'll just say again (pointing to my previous post here) "Silly GW..."

kroq'gar
29-06-2008, 04:48
Dont have a HE book handy, can someone quote me the reference referring to dragon armour/monstrous mounts. Seems odd that the mount benefits from the riders armour when all hits are allocated seperately.

As to the dead rider still being there... what if he was hit with a great cannon.

kylek2235
29-06-2008, 05:17
As to the dead rider still being there... what if he was hit with a great cannon.

Was the Great Cannon on fire? :D

DarthBinky
29-06-2008, 05:31
Dont have a HE book handy, can someone quote me the reference referring to dragon armour/monstrous mounts.
I'm not going to directly quote all of it, but on page 57 in the High Elf book in the description of Dragon Armor (in the Dragon Princes background entry) it does indeed state that "the model and its mount" are protected.

kroq'gar
29-06-2008, 05:37
I'm not going to directly quote all of it, but on page 57 in the High Elf book in the description of Dragon Armor (in the Dragon Princes background entry) it does indeed state that "the model and its mount" are protected.

Wow... go games developers. How'd they let that through

Condottiere
29-06-2008, 09:03
I find it hard to believe that they weren't aware of the issue, since AoC is meant for both characters on foot as well as Dragon Riders.

The Red Scourge
30-06-2008, 07:26
In reality, his body would still be there, and his amrour would still be protecting the dragon. It doesnt say anywhere 'as long as the rider is alive'

Hey! You cheat, you!

You know you have to remove the models, when they die.

Oh and by the laws of WYSIWYG, then if you can't remove the dragon rider, you have to remove the whole dragon :evilgrin: