PDA

View Full Version : Korhil on chariot going through woods.

eleveninches
27-06-2008, 14:57
If Korhil is put on a lion chariot, and he ends up going through a wood for one reason or another (fleeing, overrun, etc..) does his chariot suffer damage as normal. His woodsman rule would seem to overrule this, as it simply states that he suffers 'no penalties' for moving through a wood

theunwantedbeing
27-06-2008, 15:31
Yes, he suffers no movement penalties.
Chariot damage isnt a movement penalty..it's just a rule that happens whan a chariot runs through a forest.

It's a movement "effect" when going over certain terrain.
A movement "penalty" is your movement rate being reduced for whatever reason.

eleveninches
27-06-2008, 15:38
It sure seems like a penalty to me. I dont remember it saying 'suffers no movement penalties'. I thought it said 'suffers no penalties'

Armilthuan
27-06-2008, 15:43
Rules loop: A situation which has'nt been thought about that well by GW. **** happens.

How to deal with rule loops: If going to a tournament, ask the tournament organiser 'before' attending. It's his tournament and he will make out if it is allowed or not. If in a friendly game agree with your opponent before the game. If you can't agree with your opponent, roll a dice (or say you'll try yes in one game and no in the next, or something like that). But above all, agree before hand, not when you are in the thick of the action.

Unfortunatley, the FAQ for High elves has already been given so it won't be officialy answered for some time.

moose
27-06-2008, 15:51
Korhil doesn't take penalties for movement, but nowhere does it say his chariot won't.

Unless there's a line overruling this, you have to go with the BRB. From the above posts it doesn't sound like it infers mounts/chariots would take no penalties.

To me this sounds like WAAC rules lawyering.

Loopstah
27-06-2008, 15:51
The woodsmen entry states that White Lions or characters with them don't suffer the penalties.

It doesn't say that the characters mounts or chariots also ignore penalties.

Tarax
27-06-2008, 20:28
A lion chariot does not have the Woodsmen rule and it's the chariots move you're using.
Ie, the chariot takes the hits.

Not convinced? Korhil himself has the Woodsmen rule. Nowhere in the rules does it say his movement characteristics are taken over by any mount he has.

OldMaster
27-06-2008, 20:33
Let him suffer hits. He deserves to die. ;\
This will only lead to quarrels with your opponent.