PDA

View Full Version : Which Army?

Rookie
28-06-2008, 00:09
Which army do you like?
Which do you feel is the best?

Im new to Warhammer 40k and need a army.
At the moment i only want to Paint and Model but i may lead to battle at a stage when i feel i have a good enough army.

Please Help

Brother_Chaplian Raimo
28-06-2008, 00:40
Well, these threads do seem to get popular around this time of year...

To be honest, It's your army- you do the homework. There's an absolute orgy of information on any army you may consider, and there's an army out there for just about everyone. Enjoy.

Rookie
28-06-2008, 00:42
i can't seem to find this Information.

Norsehawk
28-06-2008, 00:56
Well, the first thing I would suggest is to go to the GW site, look at the different armies while there, and see what ones appeal to you visually, once you have narrowed it down to a few armies, then you will be able to pick something you like and go with that. Of course, you could always be like me and pretty much collect all of the armies. But that gets a bit on the expensive side.

Rookie
28-06-2008, 01:08
Chaos or Space marines?

weissengel86
28-06-2008, 02:04
space marines (imperial or chaos) are pretty popular choices and for good reason they both are visually appealing and effective armies. I suggest you look into the fluff (background story) of the armies that you like the look of and decide from there. I picked daemonhunters and witchhunters as my main armies because I fell in love with the background for them. Im eyeing imperial guard as an army too because of the books and background I have read about them. go to wikipedia for a very large source of background on all the armies.

AfroCelt
28-06-2008, 03:35
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_40%2C000_species

That's a link worth its weight in gold. It has a quick, semi-detailed paragraph on each race in the 40k universe. Read that and then go to the GW site to take a look at the models.

Iron Father
28-06-2008, 05:59
Deathwing!

TheNZer
28-06-2008, 06:20
There is no 'best army,' each has it's own merits. It's up to you to decide which one to get.