PDA

View Full Version : Daemon Chariots

Malagant
28-06-2008, 05:51
The Daemon book doesn't discuss the crew of Daemonic Chariots. Since there is no stat line or mention of crew, this indicates that the only 'crew' is the Herald riding the chariot.

Since the Herald is a character, he can be killed seperately either by random ranged attacks or by having attacks directed against him (her/it?) in melee.

What happens to the chariot if the Herald is killed while the Chariot is not?

Does the entire chariot poof, or will the chariot continue, having only impact hits and mount attacks?

SolarHammer
28-06-2008, 06:48
Why is it that every time a new army book comes out, the same old issues are rehashed again and again? Like when Vampire Counts came out, it was like no one had ever thought of putting larger models inside a unit of infantry before. Everyone was running around asking what happens when a Corpse Cart joins a unit.

Silly. Even I know remember these, and I haven't been around that long, even as a lurker.

Same issue as here:
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79337&highlight=tomb+king+chariot

T10
28-06-2008, 09:37
The herald is still "a character in a chariot". The absence of "crew" is of no consequence.

In melee you need to attack either the Herald or his chariot mount.

If the Herald is slain the chariot operates as would a normal chariot with, as you put it: impact hits and mount attacks. It does not go "poof"...

-T10

Malagant
28-06-2008, 16:27
Thank you for your help, Solar. As I'm not a Tomb King player, nor do I know or play against any Tomb King players, I did not search for anything related to Tomb Kings.

I'd like to point out that you could have just as easily (even easier, actually!) answered the question without lambasting me for the unthinkable act of asking a question that you felt had been answered before! I, and probably others, would appreciate an answer without the personal attacks. Please see T10's answer for example of a respectful, polite answer. :cool:

(Thanks T10!)

Why is it that every time a new army book comes out, the same old issues are rehashed again and again? Like when Vampire Counts came out, it was like no one had ever thought of putting larger models inside a unit of infantry before. Everyone was running around asking what happens when a Corpse Cart joins a unit.

Silly. Even I know remember these, and I haven't been around that long, even as a lurker.

Same issue as here:
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79337&highlight=tomb+king+chariot

theunwantedbeing
28-06-2008, 16:40
The rules for character's in chariots are on page 62-64 of the rules.
Nothing to do with tomb kings at all really.

It's always worth having a look in the rules to see if your question has an easy answer to it, plus it helps you better recall where in the book you may have to check for other rules queries that may arise.

SolarHammer
28-06-2008, 18:23
I was neither berating nor lamabasting. I was in no way belittling you or your posting and there was not even a hint of a personal attack in what I posted. I'm sorry if you interpreted my post as insulting but it certainly wasn't intended to be derogatory.

It was just a pattern of posting that I noticed. The same 3 or 4 questions keep popping up, with the specifics swapped for whatever army book was most recently released. Watch, and I will bet that when Dark Elves get released, we'll have posts asking how to calculate ranks when you put a mounted lord in a unit of infantry, and what happens to an uncrewed Cold One Chariot if the rider is killed. It really just seems silly to me. Particularly when there is a frequently asked questions sticky at the top here. Unfortunately it looks like it hasn't been updated in a while and it doesn't seem to get many views.

Nurgling Chieftain
28-06-2008, 21:41
The Daemon Chariots work fine without crew because their beasts have leadership values. It's the chariots that can end up without a leadership value that are potentially problematic from a RaW standpoint! I would just use the leadership value that the mounts have in other contexts...

theunwantedbeing
28-06-2008, 21:49
Any model taking a test on a characteristic it does not have, will automatically fail that test.

Griefbringer
28-06-2008, 21:53
Actually, the dash (-) for a characteristic value would actually imply a value of 0, as per BRB. So they have a value.

Makes it quite hard to pass any characteristic tests, though.

theunwantedbeing
28-06-2008, 21:54
You cant roll a 0 on a dice so it's still an automatic fail.....

Griefbringer
28-06-2008, 22:13
You cant roll a 0 on a dice

Except perhaps if you are Larry Leadhead ( http://www.larryleadhead.org/ ), he tends to roll really low most of the time...

(And should Chuck Norris roll a D6, it would always roll at least 7+, but that is another issue.) :cool:

More seriously, as I have understood (or heard), the daemons do not really benefit from the insane courage rule either.

Faustburg
28-06-2008, 22:14
Which Chariots can end up without a Ld value?:confused: