PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Magical HE

Mabbz101
28-06-2008, 18:22
ok This has come as a result of a test game i played against bretts. I really dont like all cav brett armies anymore. Help welcome.

475: Teclis
180: Mage, Lvl 2, Jewel of the dusk, **Talisman of protection**, Dispel Scroll
185: Mage, Lvl 2, Seer Staff, Power Stone
145: Noble, Spear, Sheild, Dragon Armour, Blade of sea gold, Gem of courage
205: Spearelves x 20, Full command
335: Swordmasters x 15, Full command, Banner of Sorcery, **Bladelord has sacred incense**
180: Phoenix Guard x 10, Full Command
215: Dragon Princes x 5, Full Command, Banner of Ellyrion
140: Lion Chariot
100: RBT

Total: 2500

This Lot comes in nicley with some points to spare. Because there are 5 probable opponents my base idea is to rattle of as much magic in the first 2 turns aswell as the RBTs While the dragon princes and Lion Chariots race up the flank to charge. The Spearelves will sit infront of the RBTs to protect them and the swordmasters will move up with the phoenix guard and take out any moderate to heavily armoured infantry.i havn't got a rule book as it was stollen so i have no idea how many PD and DD i will generate, any help here would be good.

the mages will take the following lores
Teclis - Lore of fire
Mage 1 - High Magic
Mage 2 - Lore of beasts

lore of beasts to hopefully cast the bears anger on my noble who will be sitting in with the spearelves.

High magic for that oh so lovely drain magic, Sheild of Saphery and curse of arrow attraction or Fury of khaine

Lore of fire as i like flaming sword of rhiun, Burning head and well i like all of them really and as teclis is uber awsome with his any double is irresistable force rule and being fairly good in close combat means il have a fair chance of keeping him alive for the game.

Any feedback, ideas and help with the power and dispell dice generation would be great. this list goes live on the 6th july so any ideas to changes before then would be good.

Thanks in advance

Mabbz

Xzazzarai
29-06-2008, 07:40
Ther is no point in planning to use Teclis in CC. T2, 3W and no armour. No matter what weapon he has, he will go down, quickly. Keep him out of combat.
Pick the lore of fire if you feel the need, but I don't think it's a good choice as primary lore.
The first lvl 2 mage is illegal. He has 2 arcane items.
Not very good to give the second mage lore of the beast. Give the BSB the RGoH and make him cast bears anger himself, if you really want it.
The BSB is illegal, he is only allowed 50 pts of magic items. The sword alone is 60.
Allso, I'd like to see the ring of fury. It's a great item!

Why 10 PG with full command? What are they supposed to do?
Switch numbers with the SM and give the PG the banner.

Leaving your best anvil unit to guard your RBT is a waste. Flyers for example will get around them anyway.

I'd recommend to keep the infantry tight together with the BSB around to make a pretty hard line.

You'll probably be able to bombard you opponent with shooting and magic, so there's no need to race towards him. Unless you face a gunline or somethig similar.

PD: 12-16 + powerstone
DD: 6 + scroll + Teclis scroll

Mabbz101
29-06-2008, 14:12
il change the first mage

Theres no BSB hes just a noble

The blade of SEA gold which ive equiped him with is only 40 points. youe thinging of the blade of leaping gold

i only have 10 PG models atm so ten is all i can feild.

i have no intention of letting any of the mages get into combat.

thanks for the feedback keep it coming

WhiteKnight
29-06-2008, 15:09
Ther is no point in planning to use Teclis in CC. T2, 3W and no armour. No matter what weapon he has, he will go down, quickly. Keep him out of combat.
Pick the lore of fire if you feel the need, but I don't think it's a good choice as primary lore.
The first lvl 2 mage is illegal. He has 2 arcane items.
Not very good to give the second mage lore of the beast. Give the BSB the RGoH and make him cast bears anger himself, if you really want it.
The BSB is illegal, he is only allowed 50 pts of magic items. The sword alone is 60.
Allso, I'd like to see the ring of fury. It's a great item!

Why 10 PG with full command? What are they supposed to do?
Switch numbers with the SM and give the PG the banner.

Leaving your best anvil unit to guard your RBT is a waste. Flyers for example will get around them anyway.

I'd recommend to keep the infantry tight together with the BSB around to make a pretty hard line.

You'll probably be able to bombard you opponent with shooting and magic, so there's no need to race towards him. Unless you face a gunline or somethig similar.

PD: 12-16 + powerstone
DD: 6 + scroll + Teclis scroll

You have a point about the lore of fire. You should give Teclis the High Lore. It's better than the regular lores. Flames of the Phoenix is the best against big horde armies.

And you can give a power stone to a mage even if he has another arcane item, as long as you have the points. Power stones are common for every mage to use. It says so in the rule book.

As for the 30 spare points, give your phoenxi guard or swordmaster champions a magic item. Or you can take off the banner of ellyrion and give them the standard of balance incase you run into fear and terror trouble, like against Vampires.

themandudeperson
29-06-2008, 15:35
I have two comments to make:
If you plan to cast Bear's Anger on the Noble, you won't be able to use his magic weapon or any shields while he's under the effect of the spell. So, that's an expensive waste of points if you're just planning on using the spell to buff him up into a CC beast. Just put the points into magic armor other than a shield and/or anything that offers a ward save.
Also, unless I'm mistaken, you can only cast sword of rhuin on the casting wizard. Yeah, it would give Teclis more attacks, but he already wounds on a 2+ and ignores armor saves. Do you really want to have him spend his magic phases maintaining a "remains in play" spell instead of casting irresistible force all over the place? Besides, casting that on him will make you want to put his squishy butt on the frontline where he shouldn't be. If you're married to the idea of using the Lore of Fire, give it to one of the lesser mages.

Mabbz101
29-06-2008, 15:43
im swapping Lore of fire over to mage 1 and high lore to teclis. Bears anger would be cast as a back up im looking into other possabilities though.

I really dont want to lose the banner of Ellyrion from my DP as it will help with movement over terrain.

Thanks for the help guys really appreciate it keep it coming

Mabbz101
29-06-2008, 15:48
ok heres the reveiwed list.

180: Mage, Lvl 2, Jewel of the dusk, **Talisman of protection**, Dispel Scroll
335: Swordmasters x 15, Full command, Banner of Sorcery, **Bladelord has sacred incense**

Total: 2500

Banimal
29-06-2008, 17:22
you need 1 more Core for games 2000 and over. Right now I only count 1(the spear elves).

Mabbz101
29-06-2008, 17:37
aww dang thanks for pointing that out. ok.

180: Mage, Lvl 2, Jewel of the dusk, Dispel Scroll
110: Archers x10
335: Swordmasters x 15, Full command, Banner of Sorcery, **Bladelord has amulet of light**

Total: 2495

The reviewed reviewed army list any other help tactical advise please let me know.

Xzazzarai
29-06-2008, 20:33
**Bladelord has sacred incense**

He can't have it. sacred incense is 30 pts. He is only allowed 25.

Mabbz101
29-06-2008, 20:38
updated thanks. any tactics you guys have that might help.

Likly opponents. Orcs n gobbos, brettonians, dark elves, TK, VC