PDA

View Full Version : What do you feel is better?

Deacon Bane
28-06-2008, 19:51
I am playing a 2000 pt tourney tomorrow, using the new WD Chaos list.
I have a Hellcannon, 8 Knights, 2x 5 Warhounds, 3x10 Marauders, 2x 5 Horsemen, and 1 Sorcerer.
The question is do I use a Lord on a Dragon and an Exalted Champion, or 2x10 Warriors and an Asp. Champion with a Banner of the Gods ?
The Knights are Slaanesh Chosen, and I would make the Warriors Slaanesh also. Let me know which you would choose. The lists are based on models that are ready to go, so no substitutes.
Thanks in advance.

Windings of a snake
03-07-2008, 11:33
To be perfectly honest it would be better if you would use another army if available-

badgeraddict
03-07-2008, 11:50
To be perfectly honest it would be better if you would use another army if available-

:eek: I loled

The WD list is actually ok. I would suggest making the most of the cheaper warriors as my friend Dragonmage does. Ouch!

Deacon Bane
03-07-2008, 16:41
Just an update guys. The list actually did ok, it's not all doom and gloom. I played it just to see if it was as bad as most claim. In game one, I fought a heavy shooting DElf army and because of a bonehead move(allowed my Knights to be flanked by Cold One cav) took a minor loss. Take that situation out and I probably get a draw or minor victory. Game 2 was a draw with Dwarves, again it would have been my victory but lost combat with my Warriors to some Longbeards, and was run down on a flee roll of 3
(d'oh). Finally got a handle on the army by game 3 vs DOW, Hellcannon and Warriors doubleteamed and killed his Giant, Knights killed his Dragon and Helf, Hounds tied up his H.Cav for two rounds and then they fled from the cannon and Warrior combo, ended with a Solid Victory for Chaos. I was satisfied the list can hold it's own, and it was my mistakes that cost me in the first two rounds. I will drop the Cannon and Level 2 Sorcerer, and add BSB and another Exalted Champion.

Windings of a snake
06-07-2008, 08:16
painfully enough this might once again used as proof. Chaos warriors on foot are infantry without a relevant unit rule.

That is what makes them too expensive. And they are slow, and even in terms of infantry they are slow.

Never forget you might be facing better bangs for your buck. The WD dwarf list is no match for the new books.

Deacon Bane
06-07-2008, 17:22
The WD list is not a match for full army books, probably true. But it is not supposed to be, otherwise they would not need to do a new book and reap the benefits$$$$$. It is a get you by list. I have however defeated H.Elves, Empire and W.Elves at 1000pt tourneys using all the units and magic items that are currently in the new list. No Warriors or Hellcannon, just Knights, Marauders,Horsemen, Hounds and chariot then add a scroll caddy and Exalted Champ.
I believe in the majority of games, good Generalship will beat a good list.

Frankly
06-07-2008, 17:35
Are the points differences very great between and old armybook and the WD armylist?

txamil
06-07-2008, 18:01
You did really well, congratulations!

ukko
06-07-2008, 19:58
I was satisfied the list can hold it's own, and it was my mistakes that cost me in the first two rounds.

Was it a fun list to actually play though? Not a rhetorical question, just genuinely curious - that's my main concern with this new list, seems very one dimensional and bland to me

Deacon Bane
06-07-2008, 21:37
My play style is pretty much straight ahead, charge. So this list plays well to that. If you like magic or lots of shooting this won't be a fun list for you. I don't find a big difference in points, except the Warriors are cheaper. I played this list before the WD came out, but mostly at 1000 points, so I never used Warriors. When we went to 2000, I added a 2nd level Sorcerer and Hellcannon along with the Warriors. I plan to drop the Cannon and 2nd level Sorcerer and add a BSB with the Banner of the Gods and a second unit of Warriors. By putting the BSB with my chosen Warriors, I hope to lessen my fleeing. The Warriors can soak up lots of attacks but have hard time with CR.

Frankly
07-07-2008, 13:10
Yessss!!! drop the Cannon!!!

It sticks out in your list like a sore thumb.

It's one of those units you can't tell other players not to put into their list since alot of players just like the looks of it. But your list could do with some fleshing out.

logan054
07-07-2008, 14:02
painfully enough this might once again used as proof. Chaos warriors on foot are infantry without a relevant unit rule.

That is what makes them too expensive. And they are slow, and even in terms of infantry they are slow.

Never forget you might be facing better bangs for your buck. The WD dwarf list is no match for the new books.

Chaos warriors work fine if your comfortable using infantry, like with any unit in game its all about how you use them.

I believe in the majority of games, good Generalship will beat a good list.

Quoted for the truth.

Dalamyr the Fleetmaster
07-07-2008, 14:06
The list works ok it will be so much better when the new book arrives though