PDA

View Full Version : Khalida’s Warriors of the Asp

Azmazi
28-06-2008, 23:02
After dropping a post in the forum on another thread about what armament for skellies someone asked me how my use of Khalida went so I figured I would also post the list I use for her here so they can see how I use her in configuration.

Lords and Heroes:
Khalida – Asp Goddess
= 420 Pts

Tomb Prince
Armor of the Ages,
Great Weapon
= 139

Liche Priest
Enkhil’s Kanopi
Dispel Scroll
= 160 pts

Liche Priest /w Casket of Souls
Dispel Scroll
= 140

Core Units:
Skeleton Warriors x 10
Hand weapon and Bow /w Blessing of the Asp
= 100
Skeleton Warriors x 10
Hand weapon and Bow /w Blessing of the Asp
= 100
Skeleton Warriors x 10
Hand weapon and bow /w Blessing of the Asp
= 100
Skeleton Light Cavalry x 6
Blessing of the Asp
= 96
Skeleton Light Cavalry x 6
Blessing of the Asp
= 96

Special Units:
Tomb Guard x 20
Light Armor, Shields, Standard Bearer, Champion
Icon of the Sacred Eye
= 314 Pts

Tomb Scorpion = 85

Tomb Scorpion = 85

Rare Units:
Casket of Souls = 165
= 2000

Overall I tend to throw the characters around depending, usually both the Queen and the Prince are with the Tomb Guard, and I keep the other priest near the casket behind the men so he can keep incantations going , and he is usually right behind one of the bow lines so LoS is not drawn to him. I also tend to for the first 2 turns burn righteous smiting like mad. Especially being that the Queen gets one for free that cannot be stopped. On average I get off about 3 Smiting's in a turn, so thats roughly 30 extra shots off my bowmen giving me 72 shots a turn with poison. Casket of Souls also gets some hits off as well.

So far this list has actually had more of its success against the new Deamon WB, as they are fast and the like, just all the shots with poison tend to pick off units. Especially since I focus fire with the shots. As you all know you throw enough shots at something and its going to miss saves.

Badbones777
29-06-2008, 04:17
Cool! thanks for the reply.

Looks a fairly solid list, thanks for sharing-Im thinking i'll have to either get the Khalida mini or make a conversion-As I say, Ive always been tempted to give her a try. Im not normally that fussed when it comes to special characters, but her and Queekheadtaker....I dunno, between their fluff (and, in Khalidas case what she can add to an army in terms of buffs) something just seems to intrigue me.

and 72 shots!....... Man, thats a fair few poisoned attacks! I also imagine the TG with Khalida in is pretty potent. Did you buy or convert your Tomb Guard? As far as I can see, if one is willing to put the time in, they should be relatively easy to convert from normal skellies, (i was thinking of just modelling an armoured coif/breast piece out of greenstuff) and the TG models are pretty expensive.

Azmazi
29-06-2008, 04:22
Yeah I converted mine, we had a bits bin at our store and someone dumped like a metric ton of TK parts into it, so I got a lot of those swords and hooked it up giving them all the shields/swords combo. Tbh I haven't done the greenstuff on them yet as when I was half way into making them I heard about the VC getting a new skeleton set and debated on waiting for that to come out and using some of its pieces as well.

The TG unit does hit pretty hard, only downside is the prince can't give smiting to another unit he isn't in, but instead I tend to use him as the "TG delivery" system since I'll just use his magic phase to get the TG that extra move.

Badbones777
29-06-2008, 15:24
Thats settled then, time to get converting! A couple of mates I play against have told me that if I were to get or convert some TG, itd change their game plan to a large degree-the potential for that many Killing blow attacks (esp with Righteous smiting!) is very intimidating! There characters basically wouldnt go near that unit (theyve said as much themselves!)
Be interesting to see what happens when our new army book comes out-right now, as much as I love Tomb Guard (quite underrated in some circles, Im sure there are some people who see them as weak, cos of their statline, and their elite status, without taking inot account the many special rules) I played a game against a mates VC last weekend (I was skaven) but the VC Grave Guard are VERY good-I hope the TG will keep pace with the power creep in this respect! Admittedly, he had a very good vamp build (geared toward keeping the unit going, rather than being a combat monster-he had that atrocious sword that brings them back as it wounds!).
That said, I have read a few threads on the TK, and how some people dont play em so much now. I have to say thats a shame-the army list is far from broken-Even though its a little old now, it still stacks up very well against most opponents.
Hmmmm, i'll have to grab me a Khalida model as well!:D

Azmazi
29-06-2008, 17:26
Which is ironic on the Grave Guard part, because Tomb Guard are pretty much the same except for having better leadership and only light armor to heavy armor. Grave guard also do have the option for great weapons, but I never personally used it. I did use the halberd option when they used to have it (God I miss having halbards and shields for against shooting :P)

Back to the list, honestly the TK special characters are some of the few I actually felt were worth it. Settra is also nice if you're running a heavy tomb guard + chariot army, as he gets a free incantation for each of those units. Only downside is over half your points must be in those unit types. You also can't take any other liche's with him as well (meaning no casket of souls) so it balances out pretty well.