PDA

View Full Version : BEARDY!! 500pts High Elves army!

W A L 5 H Y
28-06-2008, 23:44
Hey heres my new 500pts High elves army! i hope not to use it much as 500pts Fantasy battles are lame and pointless! But this army is quite fun to use its current record is 2wins and 0losses! It has beat Wood elves and goblins! (my mates armies!)

Dragon Mage Lv 2
Sun Dragon
Silver Wand
[390pts]

10 x Archers
[110pts]

and thats it lol

Write a comment!

moose
28-06-2008, 23:59
What's the pointing in fielding this army, its like pushing the 'autowin' button.

That'd be like me taking three warlock engineers, with a unit of clanrats/slaves/ratling...see if you can make it across the board!

W A L 5 H Y
29-06-2008, 00:03
yh but it makes the 500pts game funny lol

effigy22
29-06-2008, 06:49
Personally dont think it can do much, the terror causing dragon is nice in that smaller game but numbers are totally against, think of it like this, if you charge a unit of average size with command, they are already winning combat with resolution of 5, both your dragon and wizard will have to hit and kill to win combat, but then, whos gonna get a wizard in combat right? :p

W A L 5 H Y
29-06-2008, 09:38
Personally dont think it can do much, the terror causing dragon is nice in that smaller game but numbers are totally against, think of it like this, if you charge a unit of average size with command, they are already winning combat with resolution of 5, both your dragon and wizard will have to hit and kill to win combat, but then, whos gonna get a wizard in combat right? :p

Well for one i dont think many 500pts armies are going to have anything that can beat the dragon with ease in combat! and with the mage he can easily get magic off cz most people dont take wizards in 500pts. Why would i not get the wizard in combat? What if i cast Flaming sword and charge something in the flank!! Thats normally a winner

Xzazzarai
29-06-2008, 12:18
The DM is allways a risk. If you face anything with some shooting, let's say 10 Glade Guard, you can be in deep ****...
But if the don't kill the mage, it' prolly game over for WE.

I wouldn't risk putting 4/5 of my army in two T3 wounsd with no save.
Though, it CAN work, it's just that I wouldn't do it.

W A L 5 H Y
29-06-2008, 14:20
lol i played my mate who had 16 glade guard and some glade riders and the mage got killed! but the dragon managed to take the rest of the army! and i know the Dragon mage is a risk im debating weather to put him in my 2000pts army.

huitzilopochtli
29-06-2008, 16:08
tried something like this before. my mage miscast on the first turn. not good.

it's not an autowin army. gunlines will make a mess of it.

_Lucian_
29-06-2008, 18:22
Alot of 500pt doubles list wouldnt worry to much about it imo, its nasty but not unbeatable. Generally though most 500pts are played at border control restrictions so you cant spend that many points on characters. If the mage dies you run a reasonable chance of losing the game with a bad monster reaction roll

Chaplain Nikolai
30-06-2008, 00:39
Have fun facing a cannon.

W A L 5 H Y
30-06-2008, 23:37
Have fun facing a cannon.

LOL have fun misfireing :) onli jokin m8. But yh i dont plan on reli playing any 500pts battles there pretty pointless. I just thought it was funny that i could take a dragon in a small game thats all.