PDA

View Full Version : Leadbelcher reloading

Cletis
30-06-2008, 01:53
Leadbelchers must remain stationary to reload their guns. Does stationary rule out reform manoeuvres? (ie, can you reform and reload?)

Leadbelchers may also reload during a turn spent rallying. Since a rallying unit must immediately execute a reform manoeuvre, it seems like the leadbelchers can reform and reload in this case. Am I correctly interpretting the rules?

Thanks

chaos0xomega
30-06-2008, 02:17
Hmmm... interesting. This kind of came up in my game today. I just ignored it(since I didn't use the unit again that game anyway). I'd say look up the reform wording, and if it says it's movement then no. I say this because the Leadbelcher rules specifically point out rallying as an option not reforming.

Cletis
30-06-2008, 02:29
I'd say look up the reform wording, and if it says it's movement then no.

So the reform description says that a unit that reforms cannot move that turn because it takes the entire movement phase to reform. I guess that is an obscure way of saying that a reform isn't moving...

DarthBinky
30-06-2008, 02:45
The reform rules don't say that it is a "movement", but it does talk about "moving models" and not moving more than double any model's movement rate. If you're moving models, then they're not stationary. The rallying thing is an explicit exception.

minionboy
30-06-2008, 04:35
I think it'd be the same as with Move-or-fire weapons, you can't reform and shoot with them, so I wouldn't think you could reform and reload.

Condottiere
30-06-2008, 07:08
I always assumed reform was movement.

EdFireborn
30-06-2008, 09:46
quite simply no...... fluff wise it is essentially packing a huge cannon full of power and cannon balls or spiky things......mmm spiky things

EvilMinion
01-07-2008, 14:35
I think it does count as movement if you are actually moving in a general direction.

warlord hack'a
01-07-2008, 14:54
reforming is movement, the rally thing is an exception (why I do not know as it creates confusion as this thread shows).

DarthBinky
01-07-2008, 14:56
reforming is movement, the rally thing is an exception (why I do not know as it creates confusion as this thread shows).
I have a feeling it's because they wanted to throw us OK players a (very small) bone since the army pretty much sucks. ;)

Krusty
02-07-2008, 18:03
I have a feeling it's because they wanted to throw us OK players a (very small) bone since the army pretty much sucks. ;)

lol hardly...

it is accepted theory in my group that using OK in games less than 2000 pts is just a step above cheating...

theunwantedbeing
02-07-2008, 18:15
Reforms are movement.
Hence why you cant fire move-or-fire weapons after reforming.

So if you reform you arent stationary, even if you dont move the models anywhere as they still moved by completing the reform manover they have to do.

Condottiere
02-07-2008, 18:45
That's what I thought. Crossbows can't fire after reform.

Malorian
02-07-2008, 18:50
What if you don't move them though? What if you don't use the reform and keep the models in the same positon and direction.

Surely that can't be counted as movement.

theunwantedbeing
02-07-2008, 18:57
If they didn't rally that turn it's not movement, as they wont have done anything in the movement phase.
Rallying and not moving the models from where the place rally is still movement.