PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of Lizardmen, how are they played?

Lornak Bloodgreed
30-06-2008, 15:49
As I said, I am thinking of doing Lizardmen for a fantasy army. I have some Vampires but havent played much of them or fantasy yet but I am learning.

I am looking heavily into Lizardmen because I love their rather bizarre fluff and their appearence is really cool too. Of course, now I want to get down to the nitty gritty of the Lizardmen race.

What is their play style?

When fielding a Lizardmen army, (2000+ points) what is the overall strategy and component strategies that take part in their attacks?

I know enough about them already to know that Slaan are some of the most powerful mages in the game if you go the route of magic and the Old Blood Scar-Veteran on a Carnosaur commands one of the toughest infantry forces in the game. I know that Skinks and Saurus regiments combined with Cold One cavalry and Terradon/Blowpipe skinks can crush almost any infantry/cavalry regiment in the game if flanked properly.

So, again, tell me whats up. (I just hope by the time they get redone next year that I get WH.)

OldMagik
30-06-2008, 18:51
Just wait for them to get redone because once they do tactics may change big time so just learn the main fantasy game work /w ur vampires.

DullMentalRacket
01-07-2008, 01:02
it usually ends up with a lot of skinks. Saurus are way too slow to be useful. In almost all the games ive played theyve just been easy VP.

you can go fast hitty saurus heroes (jag charm, carnosaur etc) with some saurus cav, or just go magic with a slaan and some skink priests. Otherwise you;ll want a ton of skink blow pipes and at least one unit of 3 salamanders.

Krusty
01-07-2008, 04:04
almost every good list will use salamanders...

but wait till next year when the new book comes out...
new models, and possibly major revamping for saurus!...
get used to VC first...

Lornak Bloodgreed
01-07-2008, 20:39
Ok, thanks for the advice all. I guess patients is the better virtue here.