PDA

View Full Version : 40k in Hawaii?

Sam Spade
01-07-2008, 01:44
Hello,

I might be moving to Honolulu HI, not sure yet, but I was just wondering what the GW scene was like out there? Are there any good places/stores to play at?

Thanks,

CommisarMolotov
01-07-2008, 01:50
In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only...

Poi?

The "Store Locator" function at www.Games-Workshop.com came up with 3 stores on Oahu:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/storelocator/search.jsp

From what I've seen, GW (and wargaming in general) is pretty popular on military bases. See if any of those Navy squids wanna play wit'cha!

Gensuke626
01-07-2008, 02:48
Two Best places to 40k in Hawaii (in order of how good they are)
Other Realms (Ward Warehouse, Honolulu, Near Ala Moana)
Jelly's (Rather large warehouse in Pearl City, behind the Cutter Ford Dealership.)

Realms have wargaming every monday night, whole conference room dedicated to it

Jellys has nightly gaming, but it all happens in this tiny loft area. About 3 tables can fit up there and you have to share with D&D people

Both locations are First come First Served.

Sam Spade
01-07-2008, 20:25
Do you know if either of these places play historical miniatures?

Also I looked but couldnt fird websites for either of these places, do you know if they have them?

Thanks,

Gensuke626
01-07-2008, 20:31
Do you know if either of these places play historical miniatures?

Also I looked but couldnt fird websites for either of these places, do you know if they have them?

Thanks,

Neither shop has a useful website, but Hawaiigamers.net (Google it for best results) can hook you up with the local gaming scene.

Also, if you're looking to play Historical minis, you're going to want to ask about Armchair Adventurer.