PDA

View Full Version : Is skrag the slaughterer worth taking?

Boss Zagstruk
01-07-2008, 13:30
So thats the question would you use him or not?

Personally im thinking of taking him in a 2.5K list backed up by two butchers and 6 gorgers. The rest of the list would be filled out with a unit of iron guts, a unit of leadbelchers,3 units of bulls and a slave giant.

Butchers have always been a favorite of mine and OK were my second fanstasy army and the first army were i enjoyed using magic. Its more fun than most :)

So should i attempt to create an army around skrag?

Thanks

snyggejygge
01-07-2008, 13:53
No, trying out a specialcharacter & using them a few games every now & then CAN be fun, but building your army around a specialcharacter will only be very boring for your opponents & yourself, you´ve limited yourself in many ways & as w. most specialcharacters, they aren´t really fair point by point.

Urgat
01-07-2008, 14:02
Well, as much as I don't like special characters to pop out too often, Skrag does have something I like: he removes the stupid mendatory tyrant, he's the only way to have your army led by a butcher.
I've never played him, but he seems really powerful, and look at all those gorgers you can take 0.o (8 in 2000 points? Darn, nasty).

logan054
01-07-2008, 14:04
Have to say im not so keen on playing against him, when i played against him just seemed like away to make Ogres magic heavy? well that and to pump up the gorgers.

W0lf
01-07-2008, 15:02
our local ogre player uses him allt he time.

Very powerful and hard to stop.

Ogre magic wasnt desined for 8 lvls @ 2K, its sheer brutal. Oh and his table is so annoying.

3lwap0
01-07-2008, 16:45
Unfortunately, as mentioned prior, Skrag is the only way to get a LvL 4 caster in a 2k point army. The OK army really lacks some of the heavy hitters other army's can field - sure, we've got Ironguts and Tyrants, but they aren't casters. Skrag fits into a desirable niche of allowing an OK player to have his cake and eat it, a rarity if you play the army.

He's also quite a beast in combat, but suffers from the typical Ogre problem of generating combat res purely through wounds alone, which is often not enough. For all the complaining I hear about him, he's still quite easy to run down.

Mad Doc Grotsnik
01-07-2008, 17:11
I say ignore what others say regarding cheese etc.

If you have the pockets to buy that sort of force, then go for it, and to hell with public opinion.

I've been flying in the face of it for years, and nobodies lynched me yet.

Rubicon
02-07-2008, 00:20
I say ignore what others say regarding cheese etc.

If you have the pockets to buy that sort of force, then go for it, and to hell with public opinion.

I've been flying in the face of it for years, and nobodies lynched me yet.

That's it!

Lynch him now, he's getting complacent!

TheMav80
02-07-2008, 01:27
Skrag is great. I use him from time to time. Like other have said it is the only way to get a Caster over level 2 in an OK that is under 3K points.

He isn't even that tough to kill until he gets to slaughtering. A 400 point model with no save at all is a mighty tempting target.

Kalec
02-07-2008, 01:38
He is an incredibly powerful character, but costs a boatload in an army that is already short on numbers. Besides, OK isn't an overpowered list by any means, and Skrag just gives you a fighting chance.

From Shadows
02-07-2008, 01:50
I recently thought of using him ( have never used him before so here is the list i came up with ) Sorry for jumping in on your post!

Skrag:

Butcher: dispel, skullmantle

Butcher: dispel, bangstick

Bulls: x3 belower, 2nd hand

Iron Guts: x3 standard, belower, warbanner, lookout gnob

Iron Guts: x3 belower

Gorger: x2

Gorger: x2

Gorger: x1

2000 points
26 models

how would this list hold up?

EdFireborn
03-07-2008, 08:41
that would be a very scary list to verse..... scrag has his uses (lvl 4 wizard in 2000 points) but i have to say its awfully fun bashing a chaos lord into the ground with a tyrant.... and against armies such as dwarves lizards and high elves scrag would be outcast heavily...