PDA

View Full Version : Armed To Da' Teeth question

Frep
02-07-2008, 02:20
I've got a battle against my brother coming up, and he and I can't come to an agreement over his Black Orcs armament. I say he can only pick one weapon to use for an entire combat, he maintains that he can chain weapons round to round. I've tried looking for an answer and couldn't find one so I figured Warseer could help me out. Thanks

Lord Aries
02-07-2008, 02:29
I do believe that there were rulings on this subject during 6th edition, but they may or may not have been put somewhere in 7th.

By the rules, you must use the same weapon for the entire combat. Brettonians have a rule that specifically lets them switch from lance to magical sword on the 2nd round if they wish.

Oh yeah... it CLEARLY states that you choose one and stick with it the whole time on page 54 of the BRB.... have fun.

semersonp
02-07-2008, 02:29
start of each combat

p20 o+g army book

Frep
02-07-2008, 03:54
Cool, thanks alot. I think the issue was because we couldn't agree "each combat" really meant each round of fighting or just the start. Thanks again.

Ganymede
02-07-2008, 04:21
I can see where the confusion is here. To make it clear for both you and your opponent, check out the special rules for flails and morning stars. They both use similar wording.

Braad
02-07-2008, 06:29
Each combat, is each engagement from charging till someone dies or breaks, each combat phase is the fighting in each players turn.

Griefbringer
02-07-2008, 09:42
Brettonians have a rule that specifically lets them switch from lance to magical sword on the 2nd round if they wish.

Except that there is no "if they wish" part involved - on charge they must use the lance and on subsequent turns the magic weapon.

Condottiere
02-07-2008, 11:31
I've got a battle against my brother coming up, and he and I can't come to an agreement over his Black Orcs armament. I say he can only pick one weapon to use for an entire combat, he maintains that he can chain weapons round to round. I've tried looking for an answer and couldn't find one so I figured Warseer could help me out. ThanksInterestingly enough, our Orc player insists that his Black Orcs can decide which weapons combo they can use each round of combat. I've never really checked up the entry - guess I should.