PDA

View Full Version : Revamped wood elves 2250

Bunny Lord
02-07-2008, 13:09
So i revamped my wood elf list with the changes that you guys suggested. Remember this is tourney/friendly so not too much :cheese:.

Lord
Spellweaver- LVL 4 wand of wych elm calaingors stave 330

Heros
Noble- HODA HOTH light armor shield great weapon 158

Spell Singer- LVL 2 Despell scroll 140

Core
10 glade guard 120

10 glade guard 120

10 glade guard 120

8 dryads 96

8 dryads 96

5 glade riders 120

5 glade riders 120

Special
17 eternal guard- banner 216 (3 ranks of 6 joines by spell singer)

3 treekin 195

5 wild riders- musican 130

Rare
Treeman 285

This puts me 2268 so how should I drop those 18 points.

So what do you think?

Malorian
02-07-2008, 21:22
I would make the eternal guard bigger. So take out 1 unit of 10 archers, and add 8 eternal guard. Then you would have a very respectable 25 and could easily go 7 side if you wanted (and have 6 points left over).

soulstealer666
03-07-2008, 07:25
if irrc then you cant have the wand and the stave on the spell weaver,

tbh i would drop one unit of glade rides for more eternal guard and soak up the extra points, they should also probly have a musican to help rally when they bait units

the list isnt what i would deem as hard, imho i would totaly drop the EG and swap them out for some war dancers and another unit of wild rides, but that is totaly up to you

hope that helps

soulstealer

Bunny Lord
03-07-2008, 12:36
Thanks for the comments!

Soulstealer what would you deem as a hard (NOT CHEESY) list so not exsessivee trees/ wardancers but i could use a few.

soulstealer666
03-07-2008, 20:29
Treeman Ancient Netlings, Radiants
Mage Lvl 2, 2x Scroll
Noble Eagle, Light Armour, Shield, Helm of the Hunt, spear, Hail of Doom
Noble BSB

2x 12 Glade Guard Std, Muso
10 Glade Guard Muso
3x 8 Dryads

2x 7 Wardancers Muso
2x 6 Wild Riders Std, Muso (one with War Banner)

Eagle

at the last tournment it got a high score for comp (not the best but certainly not the worst, top quartile if iirc)

this is whats been currently run by our resident wood elf player, (i play a more FS based army)

as you can see they are similar just a few more specail units and a re-jig of your characters and rare

to add the glade rides that are very nice models it would just require a bit of tweaking to squeeze them in

it you wanted a bit more magical push (it may not look like it but the above list is effective at defensive magic) just swap out the BSB for another spell singer

the the large amout of EG in your army (which fluffwise only realy come out in the winter, ie no FS) just stop your army advancing and they arent amzing cc troops either 5+ AS and 3A at S3 and T3. but if they work for you i say go for it

i hope this is helping rather than hindering

soulstealer

Bunny Lord
04-07-2008, 22:47
Thanks for the reply I went on vacation to Atlantic City for 4th Of July and didn't get a chance to respond.

I like your list it could be better IMO but it's more solid than mine.

Here's a remake of my list and yours...

Lord
spellweaver- Lvl 4 wand of the wych elm de spell scroll 330

Hero
spellsinger- Lvl 2 calaingors stave 150

Noble- alter kindred HOTH HODA light armor shield great wep 158

Core
10 glade guard 120

10 glade guard 120

10 glade guard 120

8 dryads 96

8 dryads 96

5 glade riders 120

5 glade riders 120

Special
6 wardancers 108 (couldn't fit in a 7th)

6 warddancers 108 (couldn't fit a 7th)

5 wild riders

3 treekin 195

Rare
Treeman 285

Total= 2256

soulstealer666
05-07-2008, 03:49
i am very dubious about the glade riders espcaily 2 units of them 1 i can see being useful for baiting but with 2 you have too many baits and not enough hammers to make it work i would strongly advise swaping 1 out for anouther unit of war dancers amd adding musicans to them and the other unit of galde riders, but that is my opinion i think ive said it before im just making sure i made my point sorry if it sound pushy

your character selections look much better and will be like for not maxing them out

other than that you should have alot of fun with list glade riders or not :p

soulstealer

Gaftra
05-07-2008, 04:21
this is VERY similar to a list i run with great success against most any opponent, the only thing i play differently is one less unit of glade riders and more dryads, a hero running with the wild riders is a good idea to give them that follow up punch you army needs. i think you have a solid list in front of you though