PDA

View Full Version : 2500pts Nurgle Daemons

Talash
02-07-2008, 20:09
I know the following list is quite boring/repetitive, but its won me the last five games in a row and I think im on to something good, although it might have been done to death already! Anyhow, without futher ado:

Lord - Great Unclean One, Level 4 Wizard, Trappings of Nurgle, Noxious Vapours and Pestilent Mucus - 670 Points

Hero - Herald of Nurgle, Level 1 Wizard, Staff of Nurgle, Battle Standard Bearer (Great Icon of Despair) - 315 Points
Hero - Herald of Nurgle, Level 1 Wizard, Staff of Nurgle - 215 Points
Hero - Herald of Nurgle, Level 1 Wizard, Staff of Nurgle - 215 Points

Troops - 20 x Plaguebearers of Nurgle, FC, Standard of Seeping Decay - 295 Points
Troops - 20 x Plaguebearers of Nurgle, FC, Standard of Seeping Decay - 295 Points

Rare - Beast of Nurgle - 100 Points
Rare - Beast of Nurgle - 100 Points

I know its a pretty boring list to look at, but to be honest I dont have many more Nurgle models, though im looking to get some Nurgling bases done up soon. What do you guys think? Basically the Heralds go in the units (Duh) to be 7x3, and march up the board with the BSB in the middle and the GUO and Beasts nearby. The GUO just never dies (Not yet at least, even after a Bloodthirster, Star Lance/Star Dragon and a Tenderiser Tyrant) and the Beasts, along with the BSB and general nearby, should hold up most units for a turn or two if they get too close.

The magic phase is where this army has really shone, with each Herald taking the basic Nurgle spell, and the GUO luring out dispel dice and scrolls, ending with all three Staffs of Nurgle picking out skirmishing and/or low toughness units.

Any thoughts are welcome, especially on army development and fine tuning.

DullMentalRacket
02-07-2008, 21:47
Solid looking list.... i think 2 units of nurlgings are going ot be about the best thing you can do for this list. Being able to march block the enemy is going to be crucial.

3x7 isnt the best idea. PBs really arent the best ACR out there. you're basically sacking a rank (automatic 1 CR) for an attack or two (that may or may not wound, statistically i think youll find it won't)

try and get some furies if you can, march block march block mrach block. Theyre better than nurglings for this. I found the nurglings generally low movement made it pretty difficult to sneak them around units LOS.

Palaquins really rock hard too, worth a look. Especially with the 2x CR poison banner.

also, no reason you can't give the GUO a staff too :)