PDA

View Full Version : Demonic mounts WoC

Lunzo
03-07-2008, 07:49
I already looked up some other threads (http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128583&highlight=demonic+mount) on this and didn't get an answer, so here goes.

In the warriors of Chaos get you by list, demonic mounts have wounds 1 in their profile. Does this mean that they're treated as a normal horse for all in game purposes (i.e. unable to kill the mount, can't pick out for shooting if in a unit with enough models etc)?

Also what size base should they be on? 50mmX50mm is my gut feeling, but if you have a different opinion feel free to share.

decker_cky
03-07-2008, 07:58
You seem to have the idea. They're just mounts, they give you an extra armour save and can't be killed, but they go on a 50x50 base since that's what they come with.

Templar_Of_The_Night
04-07-2008, 00:07
its a gd point, i also play warrior of chaos. In my opinion as long as the mount looks different it doesn't really make a great deal of difference. Taking in to account you'll mostly be playing friendly games just telling your opponent that its a daemonic mount should be sufficient. And yes, i would imagine that because they only have 1 wound the rules apply to them...otherwise i think 50 pts for a mount that no longer has a save is abit over the top.

decker_cky
04-07-2008, 00:47
Huh? What do you mean for a mount that no longer has a save? They can't be killed because they're steeds, and they increase the characters armour save while giving them strong attacks and MV9. They're easily worth their points.

Lunzo
04-07-2008, 01:34
Thanks for the replies.

I don't actually have a chaos army at the moment but I'm thinking of starting one in November, when the new book comes out. I like the look of a few of the lords on Demonic steeds, but wanted to check that their mounts die as easily as I thought they might (and as they did in 6th ed). I agree on the easily worth their points - M9 & 2 S5 attacks is crazy. I hope they stay like this and don't go back to the multi-wounds that they were.