PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Dwarf to get back into WHFB

Lord Balian
03-07-2008, 15:36
Alright, my friend and I have not played any fantasy since the new edition came out. We played the starter box scenarios and a couple of small games. We want to get back into the game and start with playing a few 1000 point games to learn the rules and our armies all over again.
I have quite a bit of dwarf stuff, probably 2000 points worth if I added it all up. Here is what I came up with for my 1000 point list to get back into the game with.
Please tell me if you think this is a decent list to be playing with. I'm looking for something that will help me learn to play my dwarfs again, and use their strengths.

Heroes
Runesmith: shield, rune of spellbreaking (will join longbeards)

Core
Warriors x20, shields, veteran, musician, standard
Warriors x20, shields, veteran, musician, standard
Longbeards x14, great weapons, veteran, musician, standard with Rune of Grungi(5+ ward to any unit within 6")
Thunderers x10

Special
cannon

Lord Balian
04-07-2008, 17:56
No comments on this list? Come on, there has to be something that could said about it, or done differently, other options? How about tips on deploying and playing it?

Solasun
04-07-2008, 18:10
I would, if you have the points, switch out the Runesmith for a cheap Thane (either of the killy or not dying variety) since magic doesn't tend to be massive at a thousand points and 4 DD tends to be enough to get you by.

If you want the character in the unit, make the unit of Longbeards 15 or 16, means you can take a shot or two and keep your rank bonus.

No rune on the cannon? A low cost rune makes it a magical attack. Good for VC.