PDA

View Full Version : lore of beasts and vampires

Gharof von Carstein
04-07-2008, 02:58
can I cast a 'the wolf hunts' spell on a varghulf? his unit strength is determined by the monster rule. he isnt a character or hero or such. so is this possible?

another thing, can i stack the bears anger on a model?? it doesnt say anywhere that i cant.

Condottiere
04-07-2008, 03:05
If a varghulf is a monster, yes.

And you cannot stack Bear's Anger, but you are allowed to waste your spells continuously casting them on the same model, with the last one cast in effect.

Spirit
04-07-2008, 03:07
It doesn't say anywhere the varghulf can't teleport 200 inches to the next board and drop a nuke on its previous location, wiping out all of the Warhammer world.

But you don't.

First question yes, second question, NOOO!!!!

WLBjork
04-07-2008, 08:39
can I cast a 'the wolf hunts' spell on a varghulf? his unit strength is determined by the monster rule. he isnt a character or hero or such. so is this possible?

Yes, the Varghulf is best treated as a monster in all respects.

another thing, can i stack the bears anger on a model?? it doesnt say anywhere that i cant.

It does... right here (http://uk.games-workshop.com/news/errata/3/) in the Warhammer Rulebook Q&A.

Atrahasis
04-07-2008, 12:58
And you cannot stack Bear's Anger, but you are allowed to waste your spells continuously casting them on the same model, with the last one cast in effect.It's not really a waste, since the opponent would have to dispel all of them to remove the effect.

Quite useful against Dwarfs/TK who will struggle to dispel RiP spells in their own phase without specific equipment.

le bard
05-07-2008, 22:06
It's not really a waste, since the opponent would have to dispel all of them to remove the effect.

Quite useful against Dwarfs/TK who will struggle to dispel RiP spells in their own phase without specific equipment.

as i understand it, only the most recent casting remains in play, so only one bear's anger is ever working because it replaces the last one.

WLBjork
06-07-2008, 08:49
Not so. Spells with contradicting effects will dispel the spell cast the longest (page 110, last paragraph).

2 (or more) identical spells will require multiple dispels to remove.

However, is it worth sacrificing all those wizards to cast one spell on one model?

athamas
06-07-2008, 10:31
sometimes hell yes!

a vamp lord with Bears anger will make most things cry!