PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf organ gun re-roll

cold0
04-07-2008, 07:59
I have a healthy debate last with a friend of mire regarding the dwarf organ gun and the re-roll of the Artillery dice. BTW Dwarves is the Armybook that I know less and I have played against them just one time from the 7th edition release.

The rule is quite clear to me. “Whenever you fire the organ gun you can re-roll the Artillery dice if it didn’t role a misfire”. So you roll the dice and, if you don’t like the result and it’s not a misfire, you can re-roll once and accept the result.

My friend’s opinion is “more extreme”: you roll the dice, then you can roll the Artillery dice more then once, until you are satisfied or roll a misfire, adding all the results together!!!

For example he rolled a 2, then re-rolled a 2 (4 hits for him), the rolled again a 10, for a total of 14 hits.

This makes the organ gun the “ultimate machine of death”, scoring an absurd number of hits!!!

Melchor
04-07-2008, 08:04
I believe one of the basic rules of WFB (and ANY GW game for that matter) is that you can't re-roll a re-roll. Which means you are right and he is wrong.

It should be on one of the first pages of the rulebook.

Sylass
04-07-2008, 08:14
Rerolling is quite a bit different from "rolling X times and adding all dice results"...

Loopstah
04-07-2008, 09:19
You were right, your friend was wrong.

You may re-roll the artillery dice once when firing the Organ Gun if the result is not a misfire.

This allows you to roll a higher number of shots, note however, that you do not add up the two rolls, just use the value of the second roll.

Fideru
04-07-2008, 09:27
Your friend is a crazy, power hungry fiend.

In short, no, they do NOT add up.

Griefbringer
04-07-2008, 10:27
Seconding what the others have said. And the re-roll completely replaces the original roll, it does not add to it.

(Your friend might want to play Skaven with ratling guns, they work the way he would like to have his organ gun to work.)

T10
04-07-2008, 10:58
You can thank your friend from me. If you hadn't brought up the issue, I would never have noticed the option to reroll non-misfire rolls on my Dwarf Organ Gun. :)

-T10

Jedi152
04-07-2008, 11:04
The term 're-roll' is clearly the major word here. The fact that it is a 're-roll' means that it replaces the former roll. It is a replacement roll.

Makes sense. You're friend is either blatantly cheating or has grossly misread the rules.

Dalamyr the Fleetmaster
05-07-2008, 04:38
Was your friend prehaps a skaven player before he got his dwarfs by any chance

oh and your right he's wrong