PDA

View Full Version : The Inquisition, officially dead?

boreas
04-07-2008, 20:53
GW UK has just put this on their website:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/warhammer40000/5th-ed-background/1/

You'll notice that there is no mention at all of the Inquisition (WH or DH). So, a bit miffed, I called GW UK (all the way from Canada!). I use the general hobby phone number (0115 9140000). The guy there told that there is no mention of the Inquisition because although the current one will still be usable, they don't plan on remaking any new ones!!!

You understand that I was a bit speechless. So I asked "Well, maybe in a few years, no?" and he told me my guess was as good as his...

Taking into account that there is no datasheets for SoBs or DH in the Apoc: reload (possibly an asset or two), only one (for GKs) on the website. That JJ said that the Inquisition might be redone, but only after doing all other codexes. That in the 5th ed's fluff section, from what I read, the Inquisition is bundled-up into "defenders of the Empire", is the Inquisition going to make through 5th ed, of slowly go the way of the Squats?

Phil

Starchild
04-07-2008, 21:08
There's no way GW will ditch the Inquisition armies like that. I think we'll see all three Ordos lumped into one massive Codex sometime in the future. If nothing else, Inquisition units could be used to give flavour to other Imperial armies, much as they do now.

That said, I don't know if there will be any major overhauls of the models, but I think a new book is definitely on the horizon... That will give the company something to work on when all the Big 4 SM chapters are finished.

There's also an (admittedly small) market for Inquisition models to be used with Dark Heresy.

Green Shoes
04-07-2008, 21:30
I wouldn't be surprised at this rate if the Inquisition, or Inquisitors at least, will be added into the new forthcoming Imperial Guard codex in some way. It would be a good way to add some cool Elite and HQ units and make a mega codex on the scale of the new Marine codex.

Mulrak
04-07-2008, 21:34
If they do get a bur under thier saddle and ditch the Inquisition. I will personally go and burn them all on wooden crosses for heresy! Sacrialage I tell you!!!!

Super Ninja
04-07-2008, 21:37
For the love of God and all that is holy they'd better not ditch the Inquisitin. If they did that would be about 2,000 points and a ton of sweet, highly converted minis gone from my army. The Inquisition is too cool to leave out. They just cant do that! Its a lie, heresy I say!

IJW
04-07-2008, 21:41
You'll notice that there is no mention at all of the Inquisition (WH or DH).
And right next to it in the menu you'll still find:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/daemonhunters/
http://uk.games-workshop.com/witchhunters/

The Design Studio have said several times recently that they will not drop any army that has a full codex. And remember that someone you get on the phone for taking an order doesn't necessarily know any more about future plans than we do...

gamer2456
04-07-2008, 21:43
you cant get rid of the inquisition! theyre one of the Imperium's most interesting organizations. Maybe not now, but they'll be back in force at some point

Usagi3
04-07-2008, 21:43
I REALLY hope they will write an Inquisition Codex, with the 3 Orders within ! Please don't mate the Sisters of battle an offshot of the GI 'dex, or the Grey Knights a one-page entry in the new SM Codex.

Please ?

Bregalad
04-07-2008, 22:28
Please don't mate the Sisters of battle (...)
Please forgive my bad english as I am French.
I second that:p

ThousandPlateaus
04-07-2008, 22:43
I was thinking on this this week after reading this month's White Dwarf, there's no mention of the Inquisition in the 'Which 40k Army should I buy' type article, which is a shame.

I don't believe they'd ever be dropped, but I do think GW have no idea with what they want to do with them, currently, as they're the anithesis of recent Codex development (with their massive, complicated wargear sections, and their extensive use of allies).

We can only wait and see, I think. For the time being, though, I'm not too bothered, as I think the WH Codex should work well with 5th Edition.

Hicks
04-07-2008, 22:53
You don't get rid of the =][=, the =][= gets rid of you! Seriously, I think it's pretty well known that GW never wants to drop an army again. I would be seriously pissed if they did however, since I play them.

Khornies & milk
04-07-2008, 22:54
Some people just want to be Scandelmongers (imo).
JJ himself said that the Inquisition (DH & WH) is getting brought up to speed with the other codexes it's just that they're going to be the last ones done, and at the end of a
5-year cycle so it'll be 2011/12.

So there you go....your Poll is now defunct/redundent.

DioīRa
04-07-2008, 23:23
Some people just want to be Scandelmongers (imo).
JJ himself said that the Inquisition (DH & WH) is getting brought up to speed with the other codexes it's just that they're going to be the last ones done, and at the end of a

So there you go....your Poll is now defunct/redundent.

LAST ONE! you have to be kidding me :eek: wouldnīt the Tau not be the last ones?!...as the Inquisition is in dire need to get updated and the ordo Xenos has yet to see the light of birth itself!...

The Inquisition wonīt be dropped....but i just canīt accept the fact that we will have to wait that long for them....and didnīt JJ say he wanted squat back at some point?....too be honest i donīt trust JJ :o

I would say the Inquisition will be out in 2010 (which is still a long wait and this is pure speculation)...

Khornies & milk
04-07-2008, 23:31
LAST ONE! you have to be kidding me :eek: wouldnīt the Tau not be the last ones?!...as the Inquisition is in dire need to get updated and the ordo Xenos has yet to see the light of birth itself!...

The Inquisition wonīt be dropped....but i just canīt accept the fact that we will have to wait that long for them....and didnīt JJ say he wanted squat back at some point?....too be honest i donīt trust JJ :o

I would say the Inquisition will be out in 2010 (which is still a long wait and this is pure speculation)...

Better late than never I say, and as long as the FAQ is worth the paper it's written on and will help us in the interim.

I think the DH/WH FAQ's are due out on the 12th of this month, so we'll see very shortly.

Tommygun
04-07-2008, 23:43
Well if they are the last to get redone, won't that tend to make them the most powerful army for 5th edition. I'm thinking of army creep. though that is a long time to wait.

Lord Cook
05-07-2008, 00:05
and didnīt JJ say he wanted squat back at some point?

No he didn't say that, although his words have been blown out of all proportion by the Chinese whisper effect. At this rate within a month or two we'll have the 'rumor' that the Squat codex is due for release in June 2009.

Ironhand
05-07-2008, 00:41
I wouldn't be surprised to see JJ's "update" turn out to be shoehorning the Inquisition into the SM and IG Codexes. Not, mind you that I think that's a good thing - I don't. It just seems that GW is minimizing the Inquisition and references to it of late.

loveless
05-07-2008, 01:35
Studio policy is that if it has a stand-alone book, it will always have a stand-alone book.

It'll be likely that we'll see them:
a) Combined into one book.
b) Without the Ally rules.
c) Both a & b.
d) Whatever the hell JJ feels like.

The Salmon Thief
05-07-2008, 02:43
I can't see them dumping Sisters of Battle, Grey Knights, and all the rest of the Inquisition stuff altogether, or letting them fall to obscurity... they'll definitely get some sort of rules update, but I'm guessing not any time soon.

My radical Inquisitor and his Witch Hunters are holding up pretty well with the current codex, though.

Chem-Dog
05-07-2008, 03:29
you cant get rid of the inquisition! theyre one of the Imperium's most interesting organizations. Maybe not now, but they'll be back in force at some point

I'm a huge Inquisition fan and nobody was more excited prior to the release of the Inquisitor game and then the DH codex than I, BUT there is a valid argument to removing them from 40K (the game part), they aren't at all common, Adeptus Astartes can serve their entire lives never encountering one, so when the Astartes are roundly criticised for being too common....

(snip).....the Squat codex is due for release in June 2009.

:evilgrin:

Studio policy is that if it has a stand-alone book, it will always have a stand-alone book.

It'll be likely that we'll see them:
a) Combined into one book.
b) Without the Ally rules.
c) Both a & b.
d) Whatever the hell JJ feels like.

Ally rules would simply be subsumed into any list propper as reprinted units in the appropriate Codex, in the same way as most of us expect the SM tactical squad to be identical to the DA one. So instead of saying "Refer to this codex for units M,N,O & P" it will just have M,N,O & P as options in the book.

I can't see them dumping Sisters of Battle, Grey Knights, and all the rest of the Inquisition stuff altogether, or letting them fall to obscurity... they'll definitely get some sort of rules update, but I'm guessing not any time soon.

It's looking like the Inquisition will become Ed V's Dark Eldar, with little Idea on how they should be developed (See: Lack of Alien Hunters). I'm keeping my fingers crossed but the Holy Orders of The Emperor's Inquisition need some serious help.

Deus Mechanicus
05-07-2008, 03:43
I sincerly hope that Sisters of Battle will be given their own Codex (Along with plastic sisters!) sometime and make them apart from the rest of the Inquisition. It's sad really that one of the most colorful, unique and visually attractive armies of Warhammer 40K has an outdated half-codex and a fully metal range.

Super Ninja
05-07-2008, 04:57
I know right? Can you imagine what it would be like if they made plastic Grey Knight models? The conversion opportunities for GK and SM, GW's best selling army, would be fantastic, thereby resulting in increased marine sales and GW gets more money. It makes soo much sense!

Brother Constantine
05-07-2008, 05:21
Plastic GKs!!!!!
Dare we even think it!? I love chopping up my GKs and customizing them but if they were plastic it would be sooooo much eisier, and we would have a lot more variety.

It is a bummer that we have to wait so long for the GK and SOB updates, lets just hope it is worth it.

Condottiere
05-07-2008, 05:22
There's no way GW will ditch the Inquisition armies like that. I think we'll see all three Ordos lumped into one massive Codex sometime in the future. If nothing else, Inquisition units could be used to give flavour to other Imperial armies, much as they do now.

That said, I don't know if there will be any major overhauls of the models, but I think a new book is definitely on the horizon... That will give the company something to work on when all the Big 4 SM chapters are finished.GW won't dump Inquisition, but I don't think it's a great idea to make mega-codexes either, since it's obvious that some options will be deleted.

It would be nice if they did revamp soon.

redbaron998
05-07-2008, 05:51
If GW was to drop the Inquisiton armies ther would be bkiid, and not in the cool fun Khorne way, but in the "I will F&*^ing Ripp off your skull and **** down your neck"

But yea, the Inquisition codex will come, maybe not next year or the year after...but someday...and there will be horror

Wheezcellbert
05-07-2008, 09:13
What Ive heard is that the Deamon Hunters, Witch Hunters, and now the Order Xenos, aka Deathwatch, will all be combined into one large codex. I've heard that the title of this codex could be Ordo Malleus.

This also would not be your standard sized codex as all three Ordos would get there own section. Basically the book would be like an Inquistion rulebook with Grey Knights, Sisters of Battle and Private Inquistion Armies, and then the Deathwatch all having there own sections. Then Im sure there would be fluff along with a section on how to combine them with allies or together into one larfe Ordo Malleus force.

This is all speculation of course and Im not sure if this is or was something that happened or is going to happen.

Drogmir
05-07-2008, 09:16
To be honest I'm more surprised Dark Eldar got an art lift....
Round evil Eldar helmets instead of Spiky curved helmets

Maybe I'm just odd.

TheDarkFlame
05-07-2008, 09:49
GW UK has just put this on their website:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/warhammer40000/5th-ed-background/1/

You'll notice that there is no mention at all of the Inquisition (WH or DH). So, a bit miffed, I called GW UK (all the way from Canada!). I use the general hobby phone number (0115 9140000). The guy there told that there is no mention of the Inquisition because although the current one will still be usable, they don't plan on remaking any new ones!!!

You understand that I was a bit speechless. So I asked "Well, maybe in a few years, no?" and he told me my guess was as good as his...

Taking into account that there is no datasheets for SoBs or DH in the Apoc: reload (possibly an asset or two), only one (for GKs) on the website. That JJ said that the Inquisition might be redone, but only after doing all other codexes. That in the 5th ed's fluff section, from what I read, the Inquisition is bundled-up into "defenders of the Empire", is the Inquisition going to make through 5th ed, of slowly go the way of the Squats?

Phil

If you look at it, humanity gets so much more coverage than the other armies. Space Marines (with seperate codexes for Black Templars, Dark Angels, Space Wolves etc), Daemon-Hunters, Witch-Hunters, Imperial Guard, etc... You could maybe even include chaos in that as well.
My point is, none of the other armies get this much attention. Why not? It seems that none of the other races have some eqivalent, or at least something similar to these expansions. Why?

Oh, and I'm going to sound like such an idiot for asking this, but what are "Squats"?

Drogmir
05-07-2008, 09:56
If you look at it, humanity gets so much more coverage than the other armies. Space Marines (with seperate codexes for Black Templars, Dark Angels, Space Wolves etc), Daemon-Hunters, Witch-Hunters, Imperial Guard, etc... You could maybe even include chaos in that as well.
My point is, none of the other armies get this much attention. Why not? It seems that none of the other races have some eqivalent, or at least something similar to these expansions. Why?

Oh, and I'm going to sound like such an idiot for asking this, but what are "Squats"?

Squats were essentailly Space Dwarfs but GW canned them for not being too popular and being a rehash of fantasy.

They were apparently wiped out by Tyranids.

Funny enough Squats were great in combat. They were like Space Marines but short,slow and more advance.

MegaPope
05-07-2008, 09:57
Squats = Space Dwarfs (40K is essentially WFB IN SPAAAACE! rather than Sci-fi). Squats also tend to = a giant can of worms around here;).

Well, if the current codicies are still valid, then that's fine by me. Means I can still use them as allies or a 1500-2000pt army choice when I want.

They said from the word go in the Daemonhunters Codex that pure GKs would be hard to use (it's not really how the army is meant to be played, nor has it ever been right back to the first list in 'Slaves to Darkness').

I'm just glad they'll still likely be around in SOME form (along with my beloved assassins).

philbrad2
05-07-2008, 10:05
Just because a preview of some of he elements of he background section in the rules book dont inlude the Inquistional forces they are now dead are they... A component of the Imperial warmachine is tossed out and onto the scrap heaps. The investment GW made in the time and effort to bring Inquisitional forces to the table has been wasted at the stroke of a pen...

You decide!

PhilB
:chrome:

philbrad2
05-07-2008, 10:06
Lets keep this discussion 'squat free' and on track please!

PhilB
:chrome:
+ WarSeer Mod Team +

FAQ
http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php
POSTING GUIDLINES
http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_posting_guidelines

Chem-Dog
05-07-2008, 10:43
I sincerly hope that Sisters of Battle will be given their own Codex (Along with plastic sisters!) sometime and make them apart from the rest of the Inquisition. It's sad really that one of the most colorful, unique and visually attractive armies of Warhammer 40K has an outdated half-codex and a fully metal range.

Actually, It's more like a Full Codex with Guests, a HQ unit, 2 Elites, 1 Troops, 2 Fast Attack and 3 Heavy Support with 3 "Ecclesiarchy" units and 3 Inquisiton units (I'm ignoring the Orbital Strike). The SoB could well be done as a stand alone Codex, it would need very little expansion from the current list.

Although the Plastics have come a long way since RTB-01, I don't think they are ever going to be good enough to effectively represent the SoB in plastic, they're too ornate and far too much detail will be lost in the translation (unless a plastic kit would require you to attach litteraly every single plate of armour :eek:). We can hope though.....

What Ive heard is that the Deamon Hunters, Witch Hunters, and now the Order Xenos, aka Deathwatch, will all be combined into one large codex. I've heard that the title of this codex could be Ordo Malleus.

That's just dumb, why combine the fighting troops of all three Ordos and just name the book after one of them, Codex: Inquisition seems far more likely.
While the combined army is essentially do-able it requires each part of the existing armies to be simplified, The GK's alone have an entire page of special rules, the SoB have similar and one can assume that a DW list would be equally complex.
The Death Watch also need to be made unique (Which I think is part of the reason that we've not seen the OX Codex yet) as currently all information leads to their being extrodinarily similar to any Adeptus Astartes army (especially now we hear Sternguard Veterans get variable Ammo Types).

sigur
05-07-2008, 10:50
Woohoo, someone is ringing the doomsday bell just because of a little sign. Maybe there should be a rule like "everyone who wants to start a new thread has to go through three deadly tests. 22 tests if said individual wants to start a thread in 40k General or WHFB General".:rolleyes:

The Inquisition is not "dead" as you put it, nor will it ever be. GW buffed it up to something incredibly big in games terms (an army of Grey Knights?:wtf: ). They might reduce it again, they might now. But we shouldn't speculate, especially since we know squat yet. (sorry, philbrad2. ;) )

misterboff
05-07-2008, 11:10

Actually, It's more like a Full Codex with Guests, a HQ unit, 2 Elites, 1 Troops, 2 Fast Attack and 3 Heavy Support with 3 "Ecclesiarchy" units and 3 Inquisiton units (I'm ignoring the Orbital Strike). The SoB could well be done as a stand alone Codex, it would need very little expansion from the current list.

Personally, I think they should do Codex:SoB and Codex:GK, but put similar Inquisitor choices in both of them and in Codex:IG too.

misterboff

ChrisAsmadi
05-07-2008, 12:05
I actually hope there isn't an Inquisitorial Codex, and it seems likely to me.

Inquisitor is in the upcoming Guard codex.
Deathwatch Vets are in the SMurf codex (in the form of Sternguard Vets, which are basically the same thing).

Methinks they'll do a Codex: Eccilarchy and then stick GK into the SMurf 'dex as well. Or maybe even a Codex: Imperial Allies, containing Assasins, GK, DW, Inq, ect. But that one's doubtful.

RazielZian
05-07-2008, 13:13
Are you sure the guy didn't think you were talking about Inquisitor? Since GW is dropping their specalist games...

Sureshot05
05-07-2008, 14:49
I think the inquistion entry in the new guard book (if that is the case) is to allow them to fully remove the ally rules from the Inquisitition Codex and make it stand alone.

If you want an inquisitor in your guard there is an entry, and if you want allied Space Marines I expect there will be an entry in the codex inquisition. One of the difficulties cited by the design team is that Ordo's Xenos (the Alienhunters) is in essence what half the imperium is already up to, and would only really add Deathwatch Veterans to the list. I can foresee this being a way of developing such a list viable in the longterm.

DioīRa
05-07-2008, 15:47
Ordo's Xenos (the Alienhunters) is in essence what half the imperium is already up to, and would only really add Deathwatch Veterans to the list. I can foresee this being a way of developing such a list viable in the longterm.

What about the radical side of the Ordo Xenos? having xenos henchman? using xenos Technology? I say ordo xenos can be so much more then just the deathwatch...and the third book was allways planned by GW untill 4th came along....

It frustrates me most that GW removed so much henchman models from the Inquisition model range....and i see that as a bad sign...

What common sense is to remove models from the range which allready exist...its not like they get replaced...those models are still needed for Inquisition players! (but then again im mad at the whole change to the online store in the first place)...

weissengel86
05-07-2008, 23:25
I would support a combined Inquisition codex so long as it comes relatively soon and i dont have to wait 4-5 years. Or at least the coming FAQs are sufficient enough to address the out of date abilities for daemonhunters.

Khornies & milk
05-07-2008, 23:37
I would support a combined Inquisition codex so long as it comes relatively soon and i dont have to wait 4-5 years. Or at least the coming FAQs are sufficient enough to address the out of date abilities for daemonhunters.

As I said in post#12 it will be 2011/12 before we see a new codex...what form it/they are in we'll have to wait and see.

If the DH/WH FAQ's are on time then next Saturday we'll see what love they get....hopefully a hell of a lot.

Chem-Dog
06-07-2008, 02:23
Personally, I think they should do Codex:SoB and Codex:GK, but put similar Inquisitor choices in both of them and in Codex:IG too.

misterboff

There is argument for this and I can see the pro's and con's of both a big combined book and seperate books. Biggest drawback of big book will be the sheer size the thing will have to be, the biggest drawback of the smaller books is waiting for your particular piece to be released (Much like the situation anyone who wants to play Ordo Xenos are in now).

I think the inquistion entry in the new guard book (if that is the case) is to allow them to fully remove the ally rules from the Inquisitition Codex and make it stand alone.

It's only rumoured, not confirmed yet. It makes a certain amount of sense (one wonders if an Inquisitor will be available for the Astartes), although Inquisition books could just as easily include the Allied units they can have as listed units.

WallWeasels
06-07-2008, 04:36
I honestly wouldn't mind seeing an update, at all. But I would prefer Codex: Ecclesiarch, and Codex: Grey Knights than two separate. I guessed they would put something Inquisition into the IG codex.
I heard the five year window and it makes me sad. 4+ years i've played this army and damned if I feel like leaving it to die for several years and start a new army in the mean time. By god I wouldn't mind just a white dwarf codex at this rate :cries:
All I can hope for is the FAQ which will be released will atleast have something other than 1-2 pages of obvious questions...but my hope for good updates on this army hasn't held up by time. I always thought with more awesome artwork GW could make an absolutely amazing codex for Sisters and GK :( I love the one new artwork picture of the sister in the 5th edition rulebook. I want more!

WorLord
06-07-2008, 05:34
You don't get rid of the =][=, the =][= gets rid of you! Seriously, I think it's pretty well known that GW never wants to drop an army again. I would be seriously pissed if they did however, since I play them.

Perhaps the Inquisition has decided that it best operates in secret, so it is removing all knowledge of its existence from public record. If you wake up to find shadowy figures searching your bookshelves for certain codex books, well...;)

colonel kane trine
06-07-2008, 15:55
I heard rumours of the inquisitor becoming a hq choice in the new guard codex. I hope they dont get ditched i just converted up a inquisitor lord and a full 12 man henchman squad for my army!

Gazak Blacktoof
06-07-2008, 16:15
I think the inquisitorial forces would make a fine addition to the guard, however as with all big changes this is going to upset a lot of players.

In my opinion it would be best if they remained as a stand alone force with the option to ally as they do currently. Unfortuantely I would have thought that an ally system is unlikely to remain after what has been done to the forces of chaos.

Templar Ben
06-07-2008, 16:18

Because humans are buying and humans tend to prefer things that look more human.

As I said in post#12 it will be 2011/12 before we see a new codex...what form it/they are in we'll have to wait and see.

Perhaps it is a sign that you are not considered a viable rumor source.

Promethius
06-07-2008, 17:47
I'd prefer to see all of the Inquisition options lumped together into some kind of Imperial: Factions codex. The daemonhunters in particular strikes me as a book that doesn't work well by itself, and a combined book could add a couple of new options (AdMech leaps to mind) whilst allowing a force made up of a variety of the different factions. A good way to work it would be to keep some common options (like troops units) and then have particular commander choices unlock other units, so if you take a cannonness you get access to immolator tanks, for example. Some specials could be 0-1 without a set commander so that grey knights could pull in some AdMech heavy support, or whatever.

In any case, I don't think that the Inquisition books are being squatted, just that nobody is entirely sure what they want to do with them yet so have been put on the back burner for a while.

DarkMatter2
06-07-2008, 17:49
I'll tell you this much - I am not going to invest in any new Inquisition armies.

Khornies & milk
06-07-2008, 20:26
Perhaps it is a sign that you are not considered a viable rumor source

I have never considered myself a 'rumour source' in any way shape and form, and what I stated has been floating around on various sites for a number of weeks now, so I assumed that it was more 'common knowledge' than a rumour.

Your Ego might be lofty, but don't go suggesting I am of the same ilk.

Hellfury
06-07-2008, 21:51
it's just that they're (DH & WH) going to be the last ones done, and at the end of a

I challenge this statement.

Where are your sources for this?

Grand Master Raziel
06-07-2008, 22:16
I have something to add to the discussion that seems both interesting and relevant. A couple months ago, I fired off a largeish letter to Jervis Johnson, including a rather lengthy segment about what I'd like to see in the future for the next edition of Codex: Daemonhunters. Yesterday, I received a reply from JJ. The main body of the reply is pretty much form, just a quick paragraph stating that he can't personally reply to all letters, but that he does read them - what you'd expect, really. However, he also included a post-script that's about three times as long as the main body, which was definately not form, because he referred to specific things in the letter I wrote to him. This is what he had to say about my comments regarding the Daemonhunters army:

Last but not least, I've passed your feedback on the Daemonhuntes to our resident Grey Knight, AKA Andy Hoare. When we do redo the Codex I'm pretty sure that Andy will be closely involved, and so you can rest assured that your comments will at least have been 'added to the melting pot'.

Note: he did not write "if we redo the Codex", but "when we redo the Codex". Now, that doesn't tell us anything about the shape that Inquisitorial armies may take in the future or when we might receive an update, but it should reassure those who are nervous about the Inquisitorial armies being dropped from the system.

Templar Ben
06-07-2008, 22:19
I have never considered myself a 'rumour source' in any way shape and form, and what I stated has been floating around on various sites for a number of weeks now, so I assumed that it was more 'common knowledge' than a rumour.

Your Ego might be lofty, but don't go suggesting I am of the same ilk.

When you keep repeating an assertion it sounds otherwise but we can go with common knowledge if you want.

See above. It is common knowledge.

TheDarkDuke
06-07-2008, 22:43
Better late than never I say, and as long as the FAQ is worth the paper it's written on and will help us in the interim.

I think the DH/WH FAQ's are due out on the 12th of this month, so we'll see very shortly.

but the faq isnt written on paper..... its posted on the internet:D

Khornies & milk
06-07-2008, 23:04

There's a Thread over on B & C which has a link to a BoLS Thread.

[QUOTE=Templar Ben;2757855]When you keep repeating an assertion it sounds otherwise but we can go with common knowledge if you want.
Well not in this case, and like i said I thought it was common knowledge, but hey...quite a few of you guys visit other Forums and surely sometimes glean little nuggets of info about subjects that interest you....that's the case here.

Anyway, the gist of it all is that the Inquisition as a whole isn't going to be 'dead', although anything new, well apart from the FAQ 'refresh', is a few years away.

Grand Master Raziel's post is along similar lines, so overall things are not all doom and gloom for WH and DH.

We should all be happy about this....yes!

zanotam
07-07-2008, 00:45
Stuff like this really makes you wonder about that Alienhunters codex that was supposedly slated for sometime early 4th edition.

Hellfury
07-07-2008, 01:01
Stuff like this really makes you wonder about that Alienhunters codex that was supposedly slated for sometime early 4th edition.

You can thank Andy Chambers and his diligence for getting the witchhunters codex made.

Likewise, if he had stayed, the alien hunters codex would have been shortly forthcoming. It was rumoured that he was working on it prior to 4th ed.

But he left (for whatever reason) and made starship troopers.

@Khornies. Yeah, I visit other sites but didn't see any reference made to that statement. Thanks for the clarification.

Miggidy Mack
07-07-2008, 01:11
the Squat codex is due for release in June 2009.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

jeramy404
07-07-2008, 02:12
Whatever happens, I'll be damned if I have to take Chimeras for my Stormtroopers.

Warpcrafter
07-07-2008, 03:45
I want the Grey Knights and Sisters of Battle to stay around just so my Plague Marines and Berzerkers will have some additional flavors of Imperial lapdogs to serve up at the post-battle BBQ!:skull::skull::skull: