PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Kings Multiply...

phoenixcrh
04-07-2008, 20:59
General.
Tomb prince, great weapon, light armour, chariot = 151. (Goes with chariots)

Tomb prince, great weapon, light armour, chariot = 151. (Goes with chariots)

Heirophant.
Liche priest, casket of souls, golden ankhra = 325.

Core Units.
2*15 skeleton warriors, standard bearer, musician = 270.

2*10 skeleton light horsemen = 280.

Special Units.
2*2 chariots, standard bearer = 200.

*5 carrion = 120.

= 1497.

Deployment -
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWW COS WWWWWWWWWWWWWWW CCCCC
HHHHH CCTPCC---------------------------------CCTPCC HHHHH
HHHHH CCTPCC---------------------------------CCTPCC HHHHH
--------------------^--------------------^-------------------
------------warriors reform here when enemy is close-----------

W = skeleton warriors
COS = casket of souls/hierophant
H = skeleton light horsemen
TP = tomb prince
CC = chariot
C = carrion

phoenixcrh
04-07-2008, 21:21
2000 points.

General.
Tomb prince, great weapon, armour of ages, shield, chariot = 186. (Goes with chariots)

Tomb prince, great weapon, light armour, shield, chariot = 153. (Goes with chariots)

Heirophant.
Liche high priest, casket of souls, staff of ravening, golden ankhra = 500.

Core Units.
2*20 skeleton warriors, standard bearer, musician = 350.

2*10 skeleton light horsemen = 280.

*2 tomb swarm = 90.

Special Units.
2*2 chariots, standard bearer = 200.

2*5 carrion = 240.

= 1999.

Skeleton warriors in 2 long lines of 20 with the hierophant and the casket of souls in the middle but 1 inch behind. Carrion on the immediete flanks of the warriors. Skeleton light horsemen behind the carrion. chariots behind the skeleton warriors nexr to the skeleton light horsemen (with enough room for the warriors to reform next to the casket as 4*5). Tomb swarms deployed as 'it came from below'.

Oenghus
05-07-2008, 01:32
There are, as I see it, a couple of problems with your list. Well, maybe one problem, but it's a biggy.

You're very magic light. Tomb Kings magic relies on volume of spells, and right now you only have one competent spellcaster in each of your lists -- and he's stuck babysitting the casket of souls. With this magic setup, the casket is unlikely ever to go off -- most opponents will just save three dice for it, or scroll it the first two turns and then charge it with a couple of high-leadership units. With your light magic build, you won't have the mobility to stop them.

If you want to go Prince-heavy, leave the casket at home and go all-out-combat.

I would also recommend upping the chariots to units of three (isn't that the minimum size anyway?) and doing something else with the points you're using on light cavalry. They're just fast skeleton warriors, really. How 'bout some scorpions?

kroq'gar
05-07-2008, 01:37
For the love of... bring a screaming skull - those things give me nightmares.

CarlostheCraven
05-07-2008, 05:20
Hi

Aside from the legality issues mentioned above, I believe your tactics are flawed. If you check the reforming rules, you will (should - I don't have the book on hand ATM) find you cannot reform farther than your maximum movement, meaning your archer screen cannot pull off the reform you want them to do.

Your list is actually rather weak, and doesn't play to the strengths of tomb kings - large blocks of unbreakable troops, scorpions, screaming skull catapults, and/or multiple chariot units.

Cheers,
CarlostheCraven