PDA

View Full Version : 3000 points Vampire Counts

Zak19b7
05-07-2008, 01:10
So, I'm new to Fantasy, and some of you may say, "Hey, since you're new, maybe you shouldn't start off with such a big game." Phooey on you, I say. I've been wanting to do something like this for a long time, and armies this big just LOOK SO COOL! Anyway, I made up a list, and I'd like to know what you guys think! Thanks!

Lord-
Count Mannfred Von Carstein
-Nightmare
-Book of Arkhan
-Skull Staff

Vampire Lord
-Helm of Commandmant
-Level 3 Upgrade
-Dark Acolyte
-Master of the Black Arts

Heroes-
Vampire
-Summon Ghouls
-Ghoulkin

Vampire
-Avatar of Death (2 Hand Weapons)
-Infinite Hatred
-Sword of Battle

Wight King
-Drakenhof Banner

Core-
20 Skeletons-
Full Command
Spears

20 Skeletons-
Full Command
Spears

20 Zombies-
Standard Bearer

20 Zombies-
Standard Bearer

20 Ghouls-
Ghast

5 Dire Wolves

5 Dire Wolves

Special-

20 Grave Guard-
Full Command

Rare-

5 Blood Knights-
Full Command
Banner of Blood Keep

Should come out to 2979... Any ideas on what to use for those last 21 points is welcome to, and basically, I just wanna know what will and won't work before I most surely get my butt kicked. =)

Gharof von Carstein
05-07-2008, 10:25
getting ghoulkin and summon ghouls for just one unit of ghouls? thats a sad waste of 40 points if I ever saw it. give that vamp LoTD instead to raise skellies and finish it off with dark acolyte or something. more PD is always fun if your going for raising. raising works best if you focus on either ghouls or skellies. dont try to take both as it will be a waste of points.

I personally never like to see zombies in someone's list as you can summon them yourself. try investing in some grave guard or more skellies!

if you drop the zombies youll be able to take 15 graveguard.