PDA

View Full Version : Aragorn Brings the Fiefdoms

Grimgor79
05-07-2008, 04:05
Im currently building a Fiefdoms army (based on the book), in which Aragorn brings men from the reaches of Southern Gondor. i would just like a view on how you guys think of the army, as well as any suggestions for improvements to the list. It is about 1000pts
I will probably change this army into an army of the 4th age, and make it an army of Ithillien

Characters:
Aragorn
Legolas
Gimli

Grunts:
6 Spearmen of Pinnath Gelin
8 Swordsmen of Pinnath Gelin (these are just men of Minas Tirith)
4 Warriors of Ringlo Vale
6 Wardens of Palgir (3 with spears)
3 Bowmen of Mothrond Vale
8 Gondor Border Gaurd (bowmen of Minas Tirith with hand weapons)
10 Knights of Dol Amroth on foot
24 Rangers of Ithillien
5 Knights of Dol Amorth on horse

i am also considering a command unit for the rangers, captain and standard.
thanks for the help guys!

:)

Elvani
07-07-2008, 09:54
Are you going to just use men of Minas Tirith as the fiefdoms represented in the book, or are you going to use the rules on the website?

(Here) (http://uk.games-workshop.com/gondor/fiefdoms/1/)

What do you mean by Captain for the rangers? Do you intend to take a named character? I do not remember any unnamed ranger heros.

Apart from that, it looks quite good, maybe you could invest on an unnamed hero, or a cheap named one, to join the mounted knights, just to give them some more hitting power.

Grimgor79
07-07-2008, 23:07
im using the rules as stated on the website, and in the Gondor in Flames book.
i thought you could buy a captain for rangers?
he had a name i think though now that i think back on it, he was Faramirs friend.
yeh maybe i could get a captain for the mounted knights thats a good idea.
i played a battle the other day, and got smashed, not to say that i was outnumbered, they had 2times as many points as i did, and a mumak, :( it wasnt pretty.
i like that your idea but, thanks :)

Ben
07-07-2008, 23:15
Damrod was the guys name.

And if you are fighting mumaks you need equal points or fixed defences.

Grimgor79
07-07-2008, 23:19
i had fixed defences, but it was still, well quite nasty. I was playing a scenario, and it was modified to a points version of it, it just didnt work.

:) thats the name i was looking for, thanks

Ben
07-07-2008, 23:27
Bear in mind if your opponent had a Mumak he had to say 'Mumak stomp' whenever he killed one of your guys. If he failed to do that, moral victory to you.

Mumaks are defeated by roadblocks. Khazad guard being a good example. Not sure what the Gondor equivalent is, except a big hero supported by a banner.

Grimgor79
09-07-2008, 01:45
MORAL VICTORY TO ME THEN!

lol yes!

hmmm road blocks, i cant think of any except for maybe Imrahill he seems to be more expendable than Aragorn in most cases.
i shall think on this