PDA

View Full Version : your opinion please warseer.

Fay_Redd
05-07-2008, 14:04
so anyway, 5th edtion is nearlly here (let me here those whoops of joy) I started the mighty warhammer 40,000 pretty much on the dawn of out current edition (4th) so ive planned as a celebration of 5th to refresh the hobby for myself, make a fresh army, of Space Marine Renegades. anyway in this renegade force i am planning to include a unit of the fallen angels. and my question to you is would you accept bezerker rules for these mighty chaos marines, in other words a count as khorne beserkers unit.

Mad Doc Grotsnik
05-07-2008, 14:08
Don't see why not. As long as they are armed appropriately, there is nothing to say that you can't 'counts as'

Just as long as you make it clear to your opponent, and importantly, don't use Khorne Beserkers for something else at the same time, there'd be no problem. In fact, it's an important aspect of the Hobby, making your army *yours*

Fay_Redd
05-07-2008, 14:22
exactly, thanks grotsnik. thats secured the idea.

TheDarkFlame
05-07-2008, 14:24
That would make a lot of sense. Make sure they look different to normal men though, otherwise things could get confusing.

Earthbeard
05-07-2008, 14:39
Sounds fine to me too, make sure they are armed and look the part of tough hombre, and off you go.

ChaosBeast
05-07-2008, 15:09
sounds good, slightly confused why you want them as beserkers, are the fallen amazing at combat? i was going to have some as a squad of chosen.

Captin Korea!
05-07-2008, 15:38
Give them a axe and a bolt pistol and it should work.

RazielZian
05-07-2008, 16:03
Fallen Angels? fallen from which chapter... for most I would have no problems, but the DA fallen are not beserkers, they are far too cunning for that.

They work their way into positions of authority and sow discord.

Fay_Redd
05-07-2008, 17:50
The Fallen Angels Marshal prowess is often pointed out as being far beyond that of a normal marine. over the 1000's of years since the heresy they have been growing in power, and i know they are not beserkers themselves. im saying count as zerks because beserkers if they get the charge are a devastating unit. this is to represent the fallen and their skills in the field of combat.

RazielZian
05-07-2008, 17:58
yeah but if you add to that the fact that they are also crack shots, you have a broken unit, just make them vets.

Fay_Redd
05-07-2008, 18:09
hmmm, ive been reading up on a lot of stuff since i last posted there. seeing the Fallen at-all in this day and age of the imerium is rare indeed, seeing a group together is very very rare, maybe my Lord was just lucky and they joined him, hehehe. But yeah, maybe a unit of veterans. hmmm conversion thinking time. any suggestions would be appreciated.

RazielZian
05-07-2008, 18:19
Start with a Box of DA vets, since the fallen traditionall appear as DA's in full robes that cover their old insignia.

Try to go for older model weaponry or at least weaponry that has been aged slightly (marines are still first rate weaponsmiths).

Oddly enough there would be little difference between a Fallen command squad and a DA command squad, just the fallen wouldn't show banners from their own regiments, nor their heraldry.

Lord Cook
05-07-2008, 18:30
I would have no problem with it, but I also think Chosen would be a better unit choice for them.

sigur
05-07-2008, 18:33
I don't really see the connection between Fallen Angels and Berzerkers or even the term "mighty Chaos Space Marines". I don't see them being very active in any way apart from maybe one or the other of them having actually turned to Chaos and serving in various Warbands.

Fay_Redd
05-07-2008, 20:24
as pointed out sigur, i have read literature that states the fallen dark angels are powerful, more so than a normal chaos marine. i have now decided to go with my 3rd idea which is simply a basic 90 point lord representing a captain of one of the companies that turned on calliban. he will be in full robes, no doubt with spines being commonplace across his armour, this will be awsome IMO and really add some feel to my force.

Shibboleth
05-07-2008, 20:52
...seeing the Fallen at-all in this day and age of the imperium is rare indeed, seeing a group together is very very rare...That may be true but I think it's not too much to include one squad if you like them.
It's a popular enough idea that no one could seriously pick you up on it.
An 'army of Fallen' would be pushing it though...;)

D.B.
05-07-2008, 21:11
as pointed out sigur, i have read literature that states the fallen dark angels are powerful, more so than a normal chaos marine. i have now decided to go with my 3rd idea which is simply a basic 90 point lord representing a captain of one of the companies that turned on calliban. he will be in full robes, no doubt with spines being commonplace across his armour, this will be awsome IMO and really add some feel to my force. This sounds a much more characterful option to me. Plus, with only one model, you can spend more time making sure it looks right. :)

Torga_DW
05-07-2008, 21:48
I have a squad of fallen in my csm army, i count them as chosen. I just made sure they were all from the robed and hooded dark angel kit, with csm backpacks. They look cool. =)