PDA

View Full Version : Next Army...

minionboy
05-07-2008, 18:36
So because I'm totally indecisive, I decided that I'll ask the guys on the forums what they think...

I want to start another army to use in my local gaming group. Currently my primary army is Ogre Kingdoms which I find fun, but I'd like to mix it up a bit. Most my friends play "good" armies (HE, WE, Brets, Empire), and my primary opponent plays High Elves, if that helps anything.

The 3 choices I've narrowed it down to are:
Night Goblins - Fear Elves, Horde army, should be a blast.
Dark Elves - Evil opposites of my main opponent, should make for interesting games, highly strategic.
Vampire Counts - Magic heavy horde, competitive with magic heavy HE.

Which army do you think would be the most fun in my group?

badgeraddict
05-07-2008, 18:41
Dark Elves! Dark Elves! Dark Elves!

I love playing with my DE army. Should be even more entertaining when the new book is released!

Dark Elves!

monsterofthedeep
05-07-2008, 18:45
dark elves.

it just makes sense if your main opponent used high elves,plus its the perfect time to start a dark elf army with the new book iminent.

there is ofcourse,also the fact that dark elves are the most awesome army in warhammer:evilgrin:

MOTD

isidril93
05-07-2008, 20:28
dark elves since your friends have high elves

Condottiere
05-07-2008, 22:14
Vampire Counts or Dark Elves, depending on your play style preference. Elves are fast strike, and VC specialize in attrition.

Conotor
06-07-2008, 00:01
Dark elves will not do well against high elves, as ASF owns t3 low armore troops, but they could still be a fun army to play.

Frankly
06-07-2008, 00:05
I went DE, their armybook looks great.

The Red Scourge
06-07-2008, 00:28
Just go for the gobbos.

As you say, they'll be a blast and the game is all about having fun : )

minionboy
06-07-2008, 01:36
Something feels dirty about jumping on the DE bandwagon... then again, sometimes what seems wrong feels right. ;-)

minionboy
06-07-2008, 03:23
I think I just had the girlfriend tie breaker... Although I guess 13:5 isn't much of a tie huh? She thinks I should get on the bandwagon.

Doomseer
06-07-2008, 11:38
The new Dark Elves are awesome, especially the Cold Ones and Corsairs, I could go on all day!

monkeymatt
06-07-2008, 11:57
Dark elves will not do well against high elves, as ASF owns t3 low armore troops, but they could still be a fun army to play.

I was told by a staff member at my local GW that Dark Elves will also have ASF...

W0lf
06-07-2008, 12:05
Dark elves.

Oh and the decision is doubled when you consider a shiny new book on its way!

Condottiere
06-07-2008, 12:34
I wouldn't worry too much about DE being disadvantaged against HE, or any other army, for that matter.

Defender of Ulthuan
06-07-2008, 13:39
Have to go with the overwhelming majority here; the arch-enemy thing really just has too many possibilities.

Just remember it's your army and your money.

Defender

TheDarkDuke
06-07-2008, 16:44
I was told by a staff member at my local GW that Dark Elves will also have ASF...

well thats a lie.:rolleyes:

for me id say night goblins, they would be a fair bit different from ogres and would have a bunch of shooting available if you want (some which ogres lack), but then dark elves also play very different as well. they could both be quite fun agaisnt high elves, however both have some major disadvantages agaisant high elves. ASF is goona murder both armies pretty bad but then gobs fear elves as well.

problem with me is i have both armies. well waiting for the corsairs and the cold ones then my dark elves will be done(although not the cold one riders they look pretty bad) and my brother has high elves:cries:

Malakai
06-07-2008, 17:03
Warriors of Chaos is due out in November if I'm not mistaken. That is another candidate you might want to consider. I always try and pick a new army from the ones released within the last year or so if at all possible. But that's just me.

-Malakai

Colonel Kolm
06-07-2008, 17:16
GOBBOS whats more awesome then an army you will almost never see anyone else playing. don't be a band wagon player go with an out there army that is fun and entertaining due to its randomness.

Conotor
06-07-2008, 17:31
Just go for the gobbos.

As you say, they'll be a blast and the game is all about having fun : )

Id say gobboes are one of the less fun armies, as so many things are random, but they are VERY powerfull.

GOBBOS whats more awesome then an army you will almost never see anyone else playing. don't be a band wagon player go with an out there army that is fun and entertaining due to its randomness.

No one elce playing? Since skull pass came out almost every third player does gobboes!