full command

10 bloodletters 150 pts
full command

6 flamers 210 pts

3 beast of nurgle 300 pts

2000pt
6 pd
4 dispel
now i know alot of you are gonna say "take a GD" & i'll admit that i was tempted. yet in a 2000 pt game i find using 4 heralds more point friendly & making 1 of them a bsb even better. My idea was to put the beast in front of my bsb / plaguebearers ,with the letters to each side,my general will follow behind(waiting for a nice charge),the flamers will take a far flank(& do what they do best) ,while my flying chariots will just harass with shooting & magic(also looking for a good flank charge on engaged units).
Will i think its a balanced fun looking army what say you all???????

isidril93
05-07-2008, 21:17
its a bit low on troops, even for a daemon army.

im going to field my core in large, healthy units of 15 to 20. also you cpuld make the herald of nurgle into a wizard so that you get that extra dd

W A L 5 H Y
05-07-2008, 21:38
I agree with isidril. My mate who uses a deamon army uses around 60 core deamons. (bloodletters, horrors) my opinion is that you need a solid amount of core to win any game. Unless your gonna go down the beardy road (But thats lame!) a deamon army doesnt really need 4 heros i mean that takes up nearly half your army, and 4 heros in the army arnt going to take half your opponents army out (unless theres a decent lord in there. Cough, Bloodthirster, cough)

Gorestud
05-07-2008, 23:27
ok i redid it taking some of your advice & heres what i got

Herald of tzeentch 200 (general)
chariot
master of sorcery

Herald of tzeentch 200
chariot
master of sorcery

Herald of nurgle 315
bsb
standard of chaos glory
slime trail
palanquinn

core
16 plague bearers 198
musician

15 blood letters 198
musician & standard

15 blood letters 198
musian & standard

special
5 flesh hounds 175

5 flesh hounds 175

rare
4 flamers 140

2 beast of nurgle 200

6 pwr dice
4 dispel
65 models
1999 pts

Heimlich
06-07-2008, 08:27
Alright, I kinda liked your first list a bit more actually. Here are some changes I would suggest, your heroes are more in the magic department, but all you have are 6 PD. Also, you don't have Flames of Tzeentch on either hero, which is a very fun gift. Make the unit of plague bearers FC, while giving them the banner of Seeping Decay, combined with a Herald with Lvl 1 and Staff of Nurgle,that would be fun. I would also make the units of bloodletters units 12 of with no command options, ranked 6x2. Also. try to get 6 flamers if you can, they rock.

yoshimo
06-07-2008, 20:38
These lists are very similar to my last one (http://warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2745775&postcount=4) excluding the beasts.
your second list is a bit better except that you can't really depend on your tzeentch heralds for the flank/rear charges, with that in mind you seem to lack a bit of speed for out maneuvering your opponents which is paramount for an army which doesn't rely on numbers, Maybe a swap of the beasts for some seekers/fiends + some furies for wizard/artillery hunting?

isidril93
06-07-2008, 20:50
I agree with isidril. My mate who uses a deamon army uses around 60 core deamons. (bloodletters, horrors) my opinion is that you need a solid amount of core to win any game. Unless your gonna go down the beardy road (But thats lame!) a deamon army doesnt really need 4 heros i mean that takes up nearly half your army, and 4 heros in the army arnt going to take half your opponents army out (unless theres a decent lord in there. Cough, Bloodthirster, cough)

wow that sounds good!!!

hroes are there to help the units not win the battle for you. unless its a monster. remember that the only true rank and file units that the daeoms have are the core as all the others are monsters or cavalary type or flyers.