PDA

View Full Version : New Ork weapon

slingersam
07-07-2008, 02:21
Thier are 2 types of Boyz shootas, and sluggas. Well what if thier was another type of Boy like a crusha. Instead of having a CCW and a pistol it could just have one 2 handed CCW giving him 1 extra streangth but no extra attacks for 2 weapons. So on the charge the crusha boyz would have str of 5(furious charge) and every assualt phase after that would have a str of 4. Would this e broken.

Just a thing to look at:
Slugga - can shoot before entering combat, gets an extra attack in combat
Shoota - can shoot 2 turns before entering combat, but no extra attack in combat
Crusha - no shooting ability, no extra attack, but +1 streangth in combat,

Look at what i wrote and tell me if it would be broken.

MrGiggles
07-07-2008, 03:01
Well, you can sort of do that by taking a Nob Mob with 'Uge Choppas, but it's not quite the same.

Honestly, one of my biggest complaints is that you can't field an entire Mob of Tankbustas armed only with Tankhamma's. I know a bunch of S10 hand to hand Orks would be nuts to the point of broken, but there`s just something entertaining about dropping 15 wack jobs with rokkits tied to sticks onto the table.

Warpcrafter
07-07-2008, 03:33
Sure, why not. After all, there are bound to be some Orks who would be willing to give up all shooting in order to hit things really hard.:skull::skull::skull:

slingersam
07-07-2008, 04:44
wondering would it be broken, because lets say 20 orks smash into CC thats 40 str 5 attacks, then after that it would be around 28-30 str 4 attacks, wouldn't just tear through all kinds of units.

==Me==
07-07-2008, 05:46
Doesn't seem too bad to ==Me==, they give up on +1 attack from 2 ccw and are still just regular Orks. Nobz with 'Uge Choppas work in a similar role, and they seem fine.

You might want to take this to Rules Dev if you are considering going further with this.

IJW
07-07-2008, 09:04
Any particular reason why you started the exact same thread in 40k general and 40k rules?!?