PDA

View Full Version : Buildings

Latro_
07-07-2008, 10:50
I heard actual buildings are now treated basically as imobile vehicles with firing points at windows etc that models can fire from.

Does this mean then, that you can sit in a building and shoot out of it, and the only way to get shot back at is to have the building destroyed?

When that happens, what happends to the guys inside? I know the terrain becomes dangerous and difficult, but are they placed 2" away from the wrecked building like when a vehicle blows up? Or are they kept in the rubble.

Also does it not strike people as a little strange that a huge building and be totally toppled in one turn by a krak missile? Perhaps I am missing some of the rules about the damnage.

IJW
07-07-2008, 10:54
IF both players agree, then 'whole' buildings can be treated like stationary vehicles, including (as far as I know) the effects of shaken/stunned. If it's destroyed then I think they are placed in the resulting ruins as if forced to disembark.

If it's that big, why not class it as more than one building?

Bugstomper
07-07-2008, 10:55
or give it structure points

Azzy
07-07-2008, 11:21
I heard actual buildings are now treated basically as immobile vehicles with firing points at windows etc that models can fire from.

Some details vary, but pretty much.

Does this mean then, that you can sit in a building and shoot out of it, and the only way to get shot back at is to have the building destroyed?

Yes.

When that happens, what happens to the guys inside? I know the terrain becomes dangerous and difficult, but are they placed 2" away from the wrecked building like when a vehicle blows up? Or are they kept in the rubble.

Same as with a transport.

Also does it not strike people as a little strange that a huge building and be totally toppled in one turn by a krak missile? Perhaps I am missing some of the rules about the damage.

There's a text box entitled "Use Your Imagination!" that suggests fleshing out your buildings with some additional rules as desired. One example of which is treating different sections of fortresses or complexes as multiple buildings.

Corporal Chaos
08-07-2008, 00:06
True line of sight. If they can be seen in the building they can be shot. Simple. As for destroying buildings I have no info on that.

Azzy
08-07-2008, 00:23
True line of sight. If they can be seen in the building they can be shot.

This is not applicable to intact buildings--the models are removed from the board (the same as with transports).