PDA

View Full Version : High Elves 2000 Points With Caradryan

blue_bird
07-07-2008, 10:04
Here we go;

HIGH ELVES 2K

first try (am experienced with wood elves)

LORD

archmage
level four wizard
book of hoeth

HEROES

mage
level two wizard
seerstaff
powerstone

caradryan

CORE

10 archers
21 spearmen
full command
war banner

SPECIAL

lion chariot

7swordmasters
bladelord

7swordmasters
bladelord

24 phoenix guard
fullcommand
banner of ellyrion

RARE

bolt thrower
great eagle

please take the time to comment, will be greatly appreciated

thank you

WhiteKnight
07-07-2008, 16:33
I would add another eagle, trust me, you'll need it. What is the role of your swordmasters? Are they flankers or flank protectors? If they are to guard your flanks of the phoenix guard, then they are fine as is. As for flankers, use white lions. They will most likely hit on 3s and possibly kill on 2s. The lion chariot should multi charge with phoenix guard, while the spearmen should go around and help out and baby sit the archmage. Keep the archmage in significant distance to be able to cast spells like Flames of the phoen ix or the always delicious fury of khaine.

blue_bird
07-07-2008, 18:28
i really was planning for the swordmaster to flank or perhaps charge the front of smaller units with the chariot on the flank

any adive on spell choice, my usual oponents are ogres, vampire counts, daemons :(

also were would you suggest i make the points for another eagle and is book of hoeth worth it ?

thanks again

marv335
07-07-2008, 18:55
I don't think the book of hoeth is worth it. I've used it a few times (apart from one game against vampires where I got vauls unmaking off with IF three times in a row)
you still need to make the casting value of the spell so it's not as good as you think. I usually take the vortex shard so I can shut down my opponents first magic phase.
This can be devastating against armies that rely on a powerful first magic phase.

Marwynn
07-07-2008, 21:13
The Book of Hoeth's a gamble for sure. There are much more reliable ways of delivering spells (Ring of Fury and a few other tools). However, it's the one chance you have to burn through all the DD some armies bring. You'd be lucky to face an opponent with just 4 DD and 2 scrolls.

I like the list a lot. However there are a few things I would suggest. One, more Eagles. Two drop the Bladelords, and three drop a handful of Phoenix Guard, even just 2-3 or so and give them to the Sword Masters as spares in the second rank.

If it were possible I'd suggest Reavers and some heavy cav as well.

EDIT: Oh, and while I was admiring the Banner of Ellyrion the Phoenix Guard I just realized you don't have the Banner of Sorcery. With a Mage and an Archmage on board. You'll want the extra 1-3 PD.

blue_bird
08-07-2008, 09:01
why would it be so beneficial to get another eagle?

thanks for the input guys here is my reworked list, im finding it hard to get in all of your suggestions but i have tinkered around with the banners especially and dropped one unit of swordmasters and i dont think i will miss them , it seems to me the spearmen will be much more effective with this banner as they can surprise the enemy and when charged will get all of their attacks - the war banner i think was a bit much anyway ....

LORD

archmage
level 4 wizard
ring of fury
silver wand

HEROES

mage
level 2 wizard
seerstaff
power stone

caradryan

CORE

21 spearmen
full command
banner of ellyrian

10 archers

SPECIAL

7 swordmasters

21 phoenix guard (with caradryan allows 2 casualties)
full command
banner of sorcery

lion chariot

5 dragon princes (really need help finding points for command - or should i go for silver helms?)

RARE

great eagle

repeater bolt thrower

well most of you seem to think i should find points for another eagle ? maybe drop the dragon princes and go for silver helms ?

thanks guys