PDA

View Full Version : 4K undead for small tournament

Gharof von Carstein
07-07-2008, 11:45
for a small tournament iv made a 4k list. this is it, iv been staring myself blind on it so i dont see the flaws on it anymore. im just happy i managed this... please advise any changes that you guys think i should definetly make to make this even better.

Lords
mannfred von carstein: book of arkhan, skull staff, barded nightmare = 595p
Vlad von carstein = 490p
Vamp lord: abyssal terror, black periapt, walachs bloody hauberk, helm of commandment, master of the black arts, forbidden lore (beasts), summon ghouls= 575p

Heroes
Konrad = 145p
vamp: ghoulkin, dread knight, hand of dust = 200p
vamp: tomblade, dark acolyte, summon ghouls = 170p

Rare
Black coach = 200p
Varghulf = 175p
Blood knights (5): Full command, banner of blood keep = 400p

Special
Fell bats (3) = 60p
Grave guard (15): GW, banner and champ, banner of the barrows = 264p

Core
Skeletons (15): bannerwearer, champ, spears = 156p
Skeletons (15): bannerwearer, champ = 136p
Ghouls (15): Ghast =128
Dire wolves (5): doom wolf = 50

Total = 4000p

the reason im going for the beasts lore on the vamp lord is because i love it. mannfred brings full vampire lore and lore of death so ill not only be powerfull but diverse with my magic. the vamp with dread knight and the hand will join the blood knights the second vamp of course joins the skeletons with swords. fell bats for machine hunting. dire wolves for screening the blood knights. grave guard will make up my center with the skeletons ill deploy the ghouls alongside them to be my strike teams. konrad will either be joining ghouls or grave guard depending on what im facing.

iv been thinking of dropping konrad along with the fell bats, the doom wolf and making banner of the barrows into banner of the strigoi, to make a wight king with BSB to go with the grave guard. however that will effectively cut into my armysize and warmachine hunting capabilitys. I dont know anymore. plz any and all good advise or feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Oenghus
07-07-2008, 12:31
The problem with spending ~ 1900 points on heroes and then spending another ~ 800 points on 7 (admittedly thorny) models is that you tend to end up with a very small army. If your summoning spells all go off as planned that shouldn't be a problem for too long, but if they don't, (someone pulls out a cube of darkness or some such thing -- or the dice just turn on you) you're not going to have much of an army left.

Gharof von Carstein
07-07-2008, 16:55
i agree. iv taken another look at the list and changed a few things.

Lords
mannfred von carstein: book of arkhan, skull staff, barded nightmare = 595p
Vamp lord: abyssal terror, black periapt, walachs bloody hauberk, helm of commandment, master of the black arts, forbidden lore (beasts), summon ghouls= 575p

Heroes
vamp: ghoulkin, dread knight, hand of dust = 200p
vamp: tomblade, dark acolyte, summon ghouls = 170p
wight king: BSB, banner of drakenhof = 225p

Rare
Black coach = 200p
Varghulf = 175p
Blood knights (5): Full command, banner of blood keep = 400p

Special
Fell bats (3) = 60p
Grave guard (20): GW, banner, champ, banner of the barrows = 329p

Core
Skeletons (20): banner, champ, spears = 196p
Skeletons (20): full command = 180p
Ghouls (20): Ghast =168
Dire wolves (5) = 40

Total = 3849p

oke so thats about 150 points left, a few options

-3 cairn wraiths (150p)
-30 zombies (60p) and using the remaining 90 to plant banners on the skeletons (50p) and another unit of dire wolves of 5 (40p)
-making the abyssal terror a zombie dragon(+140p) and using the remaining points for a doom wolf (10p) like in my original list.
-adding a corpsecart with balefire or lodestone (100p) and using the other 50 for a dispel scroll on my 170p vamp (25p) and the other points on one banner for the skeletons (25p)

the third thing isnt really a option but i listed it anyway. i have to be honest to say that i cant raise any of the units above the size of 20 as i dont have enough models. iv ordered some ghoul models but they wont get in before the tourney. I looked at the possibility of adding a corpsecart with necro but i cant give him the dispel scroll (5 points over)

so any thoughts?