PDA

View Full Version : approx. 2250 Chaos Dwarf list

SonoftheMountain
07-07-2008, 13:30
This is the first list I have drawn up for the Dawi Zarr. I'm listing it as approximately 2250 because I don't have my O&G book with me (I'm in Iraq) and as such don't have the points cost for my unit of Black Orcs.

LORD:
Sorcerer Lord
-LVL 4
-Lammasu

HEROES:
Sorcerer
-LVL 2
2 Dispell Scrolls

Chaos Dwarf Hero
-Armor of Gazrakh (1+ AS)
-BSB

CORE:
19 CD Warriors (Joined by bsb)
-FC
-Blunderbusses

14 CD Warriors (joined by sorcerer)
-FC

2x 15 CD Warriors
-FC

10 Hobgobblins
-Bows
-Wolves

SPECIAL:
2 Hobgoblin Bolt Throwers

15 Black Orcs
-2 Hand Wpns
-FC
-Warbanner

15 Sneaky Gits

RARE:
10 Bull Centaurs
-Heavy Armor
-FC

Earthshaker

total without the Black Orcs is 2084. I was thinking about switching the Warbanner to the Centaurs. I have a friend back home who is adding up the points for the BOs. If I'm over I'll take a look at what I need to cut, but it will probably start with trimming the Sneaky Gits.

any advice is welcome and appreciated.

thanks

wizuriel
07-07-2008, 14:01
well some general advice.

first would be where are your slaves? hobgoblins are cheap expendable meatshields. No chaos dwarf should go into battle without some slaves in front to soak up damage :D

2nd would be the Lammasu. it just sucks. You're much better off putting the black gem on the sorc lord for protection maybe even the challice (using it on your turn since can only ever have 2 common power dice and enemy can have 3+ dispel dice).

3rd not sure on the hobo wolf riders. I personally find they can't really hit anything. Can put larm and shields on them for 4+ fast cav though (which is pretty sweet attacking anything but knights).

also black ork slaves can't take magic banners (from the US GT errata). imo it's better off in your bullcentaurs anyways.

would also use warriors in blocks of 20. they are awsome anvils.
blunderbusses unit might be a bit big. I generally use them in sizes of 18 for either 6x3 or 5x3+3. Remeber the blunderbusses is modified by ranks of 4 (so can lose 2 in the 6x3 formation or 4 in the 5x3+3 until you lose S5).

chaos dwarfs are an interesting list I find. They are a horde like army with lots of warmachines and tough anvil units. I would really recommend play testing them in 1k games to get a hang of the blunderbusses and stuff before trying to make a 2k+ army.

edit: might want to look into a hobgoblin hero. For a fun time take lore of shadows with the sorc lord and for teh hobo hero give him a great weapon and the gauntlets. Than you can steed of shadows him into stuff. He is like a living cannonball :D and might be cheap enough to fit the points you have

edit 2: and the US site seems to have removed the gt errata :S

SonoftheMountain
08-07-2008, 06:27
I took the advice and dropped the Lammasu and the command on the Blunderbuss unit.

here's what I have now.

LORD:
Sorcerer Lord
-Chalice of Darkness

HEROES:
Sorcerer
-LVL 2
2 Dispell Scrolls

Chaos Dwarf Hero
-Armor of Gazrakh (1+ AS)
-BSB

CORE:
19 CD Warriors (Joined by bsb)
-FC
-Blunderbusses

14 CD Warriors (joined by sorcerer)
-FC

2x 15 CD Warriors
-FC

2x 20 Hobgoblins
-lt. Armor
-Shields
-Musician
-Champion

10 Hobgobblins
-Bows
-Wolves

SPECIAL:
2 Hobgoblin Bolt Throwers

15 Black Orcs
-2 Hand Wpns
-FC

15 Sneaky Gits

RARE:
10 Bull Centaurs
-Heavy Armor
-FC

Earthshaker

Again I don't have the cost of the Black Orc unit. The total without them is 2039. If someone could post the cost of the Black Orc unit as listed above it would be greatly appreciated.

any further comments are also welcome and appreciated.

OldMagik
09-07-2008, 01:44
233 pts. srry ur gonna be a bit over

crazywhiteboydance
09-07-2008, 11:37
Seriously dude find the points to give your lord the black gem, it's sooooo good & has saved my bacon on many occasions.