PDA

View Full Version : favorite general

semersonp
07-07-2008, 15:53
what army's generals have you most enjoyed playing against, win or lose?

who brings the best skill/fun/conversions/joy/knowledge/etc to the table?

[regrettably there are only 10 poll choices so i fear i've had to group chaos, undead and elves... please specify if you pick those options so we don't bring too much laudation to the wrong armies:)]

Donblas
07-07-2008, 16:48
Wood Elves have the coolest generals cause of the paths they can take.

bork da basher
07-07-2008, 16:53
i always enjoy playing against orcs and goblins and skaven because win or loose the game is almost always entertaining with lots of ups and downs on both sides and the generals tend to play with a care free attitude because of the nature of their armies.

Chiron
07-07-2008, 16:56
I enjoyed my games against one TK player so much that I took up the army and renounced the Empire when I moved from Birmingham to London

He was awesome, Bob I salute thee

Ethlorien
07-07-2008, 18:38
Dang, I voted for elves as I missed the word 'against' in the OPs first sentance. 'Cause I like developing fluff for my character so much, take the most time on him etc... Sorry about that.

Playing against? I'd say Chaos Lords. They're so tough, I love seeing the power they can bring to a battle, the bodies they can hack through to get to my characters, and the challenges said heroes are forced to face against them. Always good fun!

Disciple of Nagash
07-07-2008, 20:28
I did the same ethlorien, we the most interesting would be O&G just for the fun factor,

my personal favourite general of all time though was the 4th ed vampire lord, ah S7 T6.........

Morentez
07-07-2008, 20:43
ogre generals are the ultimate might makes right leaders... even bigger that orc warbosses

Gobbo Lord
07-07-2008, 20:54
I personally enjoy playing all armies in equal measure. Its totally dependant on the generals attitude. If its a balanced list and the other player is up for some fun and a laugh whilst still sticking to the rules then thats the best battle. All armies can have genrals like that. Wood Elf armies should have skirmishers, tree spirits, tree man, cavalry. Dwarf armies should have warmachines, troops, combat and missile.

What i dont like is cheating (Recently ive had people rolling more dice than they had attacks, making up stats etc), and playing something like points denial with wood elves, or gun lines with anyone, just 6 turns of lamely attempting to get one of their units, or getting shot to crap.

If an army has a nice mix of units and the general is a good player in it for the game then all is well and i dont mind weather im playing Brettonians or Skaven, Chaos or Elves.

logan054
07-07-2008, 22:28
Dang, I voted for elves as I missed the word 'against' in the OPs first sentance.

Well atleast im not the only one!

I personally enjoy playing all armies in equal measure. Its totally dependant on the generals attitude. If its a balanced list and the other player is up for some fun and a laugh whilst still sticking to the rules then thats the best battle. All armies can have genrals like that. Wood Elf armies should have skirmishers, tree spirits, tree man, cavalry. Dwarf armies should have warmachines, troops, combat and missile.

I dont think i could have said that any better

OldMaster
07-07-2008, 22:33
I second Donblas. Wood Elves generals are great.

Bretonnian Lord
07-07-2008, 23:26
I enjoy playing against all armies and generals equally. :)

Condottiere
07-07-2008, 23:45
Enjoy? One that's not too hard to kill, and places himself in a position where I can make the attempt.

Bumble the Great
08-07-2008, 12:30
Orc Bosses for me , love fioghting those big green brutes especially when they are on a wyvern!