PDA

View Full Version : 2250 first try at new vampires

backslide
08-07-2008, 06:17
ok haven't played Vamps in ages but on a painting spree at the moment and about to paint 3000 odd points of demons so thinking about vamps:

Vamp lord Lvl3 (not totally sure what to give him)
sword of might
wallachs bloody halburk
scroll
talisman of lycni
forbidden lore
lord of the dead
master of the black arts

Vampire 195 (not totally sure what to give him)
bitting blade
black perat
Helm of commandment
flying horror lord of the dead

Wight King BSB 225
great weapon heavy armour
Drakenhof Banner

core:

20 skeletons
full command
war banner

20 skeletons
full command

15 skeletons
full command

5 direwolves

5 direwolves

5 direwolves

special:

3 fell bats

10 blackknights
full command
royal standard of strigoli

17 grave guard
full command
banner of barrows

8 casting
5 dispell

its a bit light on magic, would like a supporting unit of black knights and a black couch but can't quite fit it, any ideas on how to fit them in? not sure what combos to give the characters really

Frankly
08-07-2008, 10:50
I really like this list. Its got a strong core with the GG and skellies. And a very strong supporting theme.

If your starting off in VC them I'd suggest going alittle more heavy on the magic as its a good preformance engine for your armylist. Then you can work backards to a level of magic that is right for your list.

Look at getting a bound spell or 2 in the list to help push through spells by drawing out dispel dice.

Personally I'd split the B.knights into 2 units of 5 and use them as 2 flanking options(instead of one) for your rank and file units.

Nice list though.

backslide
08-07-2008, 13:47
well I have a few restrictions on what I can take, the core has to be skeles, hate the corpse cart model, and the only rare that will really fit the army is a coach

Andrew Luke
08-07-2008, 13:55
I love this list too. Consider it stolen. hehe

One great combo with Walach's Hauberk is the Dread Knight power, as this gives you 1+/5+ save. I will be doing this as soon as I scrap together a mounted vampire. I find the talisman of lycni to be a waste, as vampires are too vulnerable to go off on their own, and flying is only a few more points. Frankly is right to say it is a bit light on magic, because a few failed invocation rolls or a dispel-heavy opponent can really ruin your day.

backslide
14-07-2008, 12:57
ok this is a rather character heavy version based on some fun combos I want to get some game time in with:

Vamp lord Lvl3 (not totally sure what to give him)
sword of might
wallachs bloody halburk
Book of arkarn
forbidden lore
lord of the dead
master of the black arts

Vampire 200
Powerstone
Helm of commandment
forbidden lore
lord of the dead

Vampire 200
master of the black arts
Scepter of noirot
sword of striking
Lynchi Talisman

Wight King BSB 225
great weapon heavy armour
Drakenhof Banner

core:

19 skeletons (generals unit)
full command
war banner

20 skeletons
full command

14 skeletons
full command

5 direwolves

special:

3 fell bats

6 blackknights
full command
royal standard of strigoli

17 grave guard
full command
banner of barrows

11 casting
6 dispell

I should drop one of the vamps and get a coach to make the list a bit more resonable but as it is it looks like a lot of fun! got large cunks of it painted already too, might even post some pics

DarknessDawns
14-07-2008, 13:18
im wondering why you took forbiddon lore three times as you might want to be able to ressurect your skellies as much as possible, dark acolyte i think would be a better option for a really magical army

backslide
14-07-2008, 13:30
im wondering why you took forbiddon lore three times as you might want to be able to ressurect your skellies as much as possible, dark acolyte i think would be a better option for a really magical army

I only took it twice,l spells are good when you have lots of dice, but are great when you have excatly the spells you want!

the lord takes the lore of vampires mostly to ensure I have the magical movment spell, but also to give me the full option of the whole deck as needed, even curse of years can be handy every now and then

the lvl1 takes beasts, because it has some very funky cheap to cast spells, crows feast is only 7+ thus is easy to cast on 2 dice, the power stone is to get that wolf hunts off, when the black knights are in a critical position, if nothing else so he can also cast bears anger on any character/champ within 12" which is very handy, may not get it off much but its brutal when you do!

DarknessDawns
14-07-2008, 13:39
sorry for my misscount
plus i didnt know he took lore of vamps
playtest and see how it goes i guess
good luck :)

backslide
14-07-2008, 13:43
cheers, the bears anger has proved ammusing had a grave guard champ with 5 S7 attacks that Hit on 2's!

DarknessDawns
14-07-2008, 14:07
GOODBYE CHARIOTS
bears anger on vamp lord if you need some punch

backslide
14-07-2008, 14:14
well they could both take beasts, i do have 20 back knights would be easy to swap out the grave guard for them to make the wolf hunts really work for me, but its nice haivng ranks for a change!