PDA

View Full Version : skaven 2000pts - 1st try

bork da basher
08-07-2008, 07:59
its been a long long time since i played the ratmen and i got a good offer on this army from a friend and i feel i need a race to combat my dwarfs and who better than the skaven. im trying to use what i already own without making too many extra purchases.

at 2000pts there is only one lord worth taking and thats a grey seer, warpstone amulet for a nice wardsave and a dispel scroll to keep him reasonably cheap, he'll live in a unit of clanrats. next up 3 warlock engineers kitted out to wreak as much warplightning havoc on the enemy as possible. each capable of chucking out 2D6 S5 hits per turn, juicy. 2 of them will tag along with the clanrats and the 3rd will find a place to hide or attach himself to a unit as i see fit during the game. 3 big identical clanrat units form the backbone of the army, each with a ratling gun, not much to say really their clanrats. next up some flanking units, giant rat pack and rat swarms will do nicely. got a little slave unit to screen/bait and die in whatever way seems best at the time. two small units of globadiers hidden between the clanrats will make heavily armoured units worry.

next a large hard hitting unit of plague monks with additional hand weapons. this unit is chucking out 16 attacks on the front rank which should do nicely. 4 jezzails to snipe and keep charecters inside their units and a pair of 3 man gutter runner tunnel teams to harrass warmachines. lastly a warp lightning cannon because it looks ace.

basically the plan is to warplightning the hell out of the enemy, unload ratling guns/jezzails and lightning cannon on them and overwhelm the rest with numbers and large quantities of luck.

LORDS
Grey seer / dispel scroll, warpstone amulet / 285

HEROES
Warlock engineer / warp blades, storm demon / 85

Warlock engineer / warp blades, warp power accumulator / 75

Warlock engineer / warp blades, warp power accumulator / 75

CORE
24 clanrats / spears, standard & musician, ratling gun / 219 (greyseer)

24 clanrats / spears, standard & musician, ratling gun / 219 (warlock)

24 clanrats / spears, standard & musician, ratling gun / 219 (warlock)

3 rat swarms / 135

3 packs of giant rats / 90

20 slaves/ musician / 44

3 poison wind globadiers / 30

3 poison wind globadiers / 30

SPECIAL
4 jezzails / 80

25 plague monks / additional hand weapons, full command / 225

3 gutter runners / 45

3 gutter runners / 45

RARE
warp lightning cannon / 100

1001pts

11 power dice
7 dispel dice

jhon
08-07-2008, 08:51
@ jazzails @ take more or dont take any .