PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver Opponant search

The Royals
09-07-2008, 06:29
Im a new member and a new player of whfb altogether and i have no friends who play (im a bit of a closet player dont ask). So i was wondering if anyone on this fine forum belongs to a Vancouver wargaming club that could invite me into their circle to learn and play the game.(apologies in advance if this is in the wrong section or sounds creepy as that is not my intention)

Thank you for reading

J.P. Biff
09-07-2008, 08:39
Try the local GW's. The WCP gaming group is really big around Vancouver. I don't know exactly where they have most of their games but see if anyone in the local GW's knows any of them. They're a really nice group of guys. If you're ever in Victoria hit up the GW on Thursdays and I'll teach you how to play or just have a game if you're up for it. Me and my buddies are there every week.

decker_cky
09-07-2008, 09:02
Im a new member and a new player of whfb altogether and i have no friends who play (im a bit of a closet player dont ask). So i was wondering if anyone on this fine forum belongs to a Vancouver wargaming club that could invite me into their circle to learn and play the game.(apologies in advance if this is in the wrong section or sounds creepy as that is not my intention)

Thank you for reading

To learn how to play, it might be a good idea to stop by the Park Royal GW to get an introduction game (Thursdays are Fantasy night, but most anytime, you should be able to get an introduction game).

Ward.
09-07-2008, 13:38

Thank you for reading

There are a lot of closet players, so don't worry.

Local gaming stores and GW's always have people in them looking for a game, and the people that work there can usually pick a decent first opponent for you.

I do however have one question, how the hell did you manage to start a thread with less then 5 posts? :eek:

Finnigan2004
09-07-2008, 13:53
I do not live in Vancouver, but I visit a lot. When I've played there, the main groups that I have run into are WCP (who have their own fora) and UK2R (who do as well). WCP will be putting on a tournament at the end of this month and UK2R will be doing West Coast Mayhem in October. There are also four good GW shops in Vancouver. The North Van (Park Royal) one, the Surrey one (battle bunker), the metrotown one (battle bunker and on the skytrain line), and the Richmond one. I would also be willing to play a game, but I only come down about once per month so it would have to be prearranged. Good luck and have fun.

The Royals
09-07-2008, 20:39
thank you very much for replieing to my post and if i may ask where do WCP and UK2R condregate?

rythos42
09-07-2008, 23:32
I play at the Park Royal store just about every Thursday night, and we'd love to have some more people come out. It's been busy-ish recently, with about 6 people showing up regularly. Busy enough? :)

The Royals
10-07-2008, 00:04
Ya i might start going down to park royal to play though i am in preferance to play at metrotown but i would love to get some games in

Finnigan2004
10-07-2008, 19:20
If you want to contact either of those two groups, go to their websites (easy to find with google). The WCP grand tournament is coming really soon. In terms of gaming at GW, I like the two bunker stores the best because they give a lot more room for games(Surrey and Metrotown), but the all seem pretty good (gamed at all but North Van, and I did go there once on a game night-- seemed good).

J.P. Biff
10-07-2008, 23:11
I play at the Park Royal store just about every Thursday night, and we'd love to have some more people come out. It's been busy-ish recently, with about 6 people showing up regularly. Busy enough? :)

Wow. Six people is busy-ish?? That'd be nice. In Victoria we have anywhere from 8-15 on an AVERAGE Thursday. Suffice it to say, 6 would be great. I could actually get on a table. (It'd be even nicer if that table wasn't 4 x 4)

rythos42
11-07-2008, 21:29
6 people is up from 2 that we had last summer...that was pretty lame. Me..and this other guy. And he's in Europe right now, so I expected to be hanging out painting every Thursday night :P.

And if I remember right (only been to Victoria store once), PR is a MUCH smaller store :). We've got 3 4x4s and we're playing 2000 points, and at that point cost you're lucky if you get 2 waves of players, so if a 7th shows up, s/he might not get a game in :)

jhon
12-07-2008, 05:23
vancouver ,bc, canada we talking about right ? if so go to Imperial hobby in richmond or the local GW in metrotown , or go to 35 th street their is a hobby shop as well .

RileyCore
12-07-2008, 05:37
yeah dude you should come over to the park royal shop. the people who come every week are cool and laid back. not many young kids which is also a plus.

RileyCore
12-07-2008, 05:38
ps: fantasy night at metro town is the suck

The Royals
12-07-2008, 05:58
Is WCP a member based thing where you need to join or is it more of a walk in deal. also i couldnt find much off their site bu i was being impatient i was trying to learn how to use green stuff at the time :angel:

The Royals
12-07-2008, 05:59
sorry for double posting but why does fantasy night at metro town suck?

Damian
13-07-2008, 21:32
I'm in Vancouver at the moment for the summer holidays and will probably be moving here in December. At the moment we're staying in West Van but will live in North Vancouver.

I thought of trying to get some games in but I walked past the GW store at Park Royal a few days ago and it seemed pretty miniscule. Are there any clubs or stores with more space close by? I'm 17 by the way so no clubs that only allow older gamers.

The Royals
13-07-2008, 21:45
ya I'm in the same boat as you Damian I'd love to find a wargamming club with good facilities that would allow a sixteen year old warhammer player (*gasp*) to join their ranks

Twisted Soul
15-07-2008, 04:31
Well the battle bunker in surrey is popular. It's in habbited by the Geek of the hill gaming club. They have a monthly email news letter, show up for the manditory thursday night fantasy get to gether and also run campaigns and open gaming on sundays from 12 - 5 at the Surrey store. If anyones interested in subscribing to the newsletter or wants more info you can either send me a private msg via the forum or phone the surrey store, and get you name on the email list.

Cheers