PDA

View Full Version : 1500 pts of Beasts of Chaos (competitive)

akgaroth
09-07-2008, 14:42
Hi everyone. This is the army i will use in a tournament, and i would like if you can tell me if it's ok as it is now or if i should change something.
Well, here's the army list:

HEROES:
- wargor with shield, great weapon, chaos armour, horns crown (5+ ward save, +1 to regroupement)
- bray-shaman with darkoth's staff, dispell scoll, level 2 wizard

subtotal: 266 pts

CORE UNITS:
- beast herd: (12)gors with 2 hand weapons, (7)ungors, FC
- beast herd: (7)gors with 2 hand weapons, (7)ungors, FC
- beast herd: (7)gors with 2 hand weapons, (7)ungors, FC
- tuskgors chariot

subtotal:456 pts

SPECIAL UNITS:
- 4 khorne's minotaurs with grat weapons and standard bearer
- 6 centigors with shields and FC
- 4 chaos trolls

subtotal:618 pts

RARE UNITS
-2 beasts of khorne

subtotal:150 pts

TOTAL: 1490

well, this is it. I don't know if i should change the wargor's horns crown for the horn of the great hunt, sacrificing his combat efficacity against other heros. I'm also not so sure to include the trolls: they sure are effective against knights (---> troll vomit), but their abismal leadership (and the not so impressive L 7 of the general) means they will probably be affected by stupidity most of the time (which is a really bad thing).
Should i quit something to put another tuskgors chariot? should i include some chaos warhounds?
I wait for your answers.

akgaroth
09-07-2008, 18:46
so, what should i change in my army? Is it good as it is now or is so bad that it will take to long to tell all the things that are wrong?:eek:

By the way, i'm sorry if the names of the magical objects are not correct, since i translated them from the spanish army book.

akgaroth
11-07-2008, 01:08
well, the tournament finished and as expected the trolls were wandering around without doing much more. well, anyways it went quite well for the rest of the army. the next time i'll put ogres instead of trolls.

Juicebox
11-07-2008, 01:57
Actually, I'd suggest that you change them to more Minotaurs as opposed to Chaos Ogres. Also, I think that your gor/ungor ratio in the first herd is off: I'd suggest that you switch the values (7 gors and 12 ungors).

Sorry I couldn't get in before the tournament, my internet was down. :cries:

akgaroth
11-07-2008, 18:15
Actually, I'd suggest that you change them to more Minotaurs as opposed to Chaos Ogres. Also, I think that your gor/ungor ratio in the first herd is off: I'd suggest that you switch the values (7 gors and 12 ungors).

Sorry I couldn't get in before the tournament, my internet was down. :cries:

Don't worry, there'll be plenty of tournaments this summer:evilgrin:.
Humm... yes, probably is better if i put more minotaurs in my army. At first i had chosen the ogres for defense pourposes (i had in mind to equip them with heavy armours and shields), since my army suffered a lot of wounds from missile attacks until my 2 smaller beast herds entered in the field.
And of course there were financial issues:angel:.
After some reasoning, i think i will put in my army 4 minotaurs of nurgle with two hand weapons, light armours and standard bearer.
What do you think?

Juicebox
11-07-2008, 21:11
I generally prefer minotaurs of khorne with great weapons and skip out on the standard bearer. The greater strength is helpful for overcoming armor and khorne gives em more attacks, while I skip out on the standard cause I worry about giving up 100 vp's if they break. That said, additional hand weapons would be better against low toughness, innumerable horde type enemies.

If you're going to go nurgle, are you going to mark your wargor too? Minotaurs can only have the mark of the general (or undivided).

akgaroth
12-07-2008, 00:04
If you're going to go nurgle, are you going to mark your wargor too? Minotaurs can only have the mark of the general (or undivided).

OOUPS... luckily it was a frendly tournament, not an official one. Thanks for telling me this, i really hadn't noticed. I'll have to say sorry to my opponents i faced in the tournament... Well,i guess this solves the problem: no minotaurs of khorne nor minotaurs of nurgle.
Humm, i'll adjust my list now.

DullMentalRacket
12-07-2008, 05:41
personally i'd ditch the trolls and centigors for more reliable troops in competitive army.

akgaroth
12-07-2008, 11:04
Well, this is my new list:

HEROES
-Wargor: great weapon, shield, chaos armour, horns crown.
-Bray-shaman: with staff of darkoth and dispell scroll, level 2 wizard

subtotal: 266 pts.

CORE UNITS
-Beast herd: (7) gors with two hand weapons; (12) ungors; FC
-Beast herd: (7) gors with two hand weapons; (7) ungors; FC
-Beast herd: (7) gors with two hand weapons; (7) ungors; FC
-Tuskgors chariot
-Tuskgors chariot

subtotal: 526 pts.

SPECIAL UNITS
-4 Minotaurs with great weapons and standard bearer
-4 Minotaurs with great weapons and standard bearer
-6 centigors with shields and FC

subtotal: 557 pts.

RARE UNITS
-2 Bloodybeasts of Khorne

subtotal: 150 pts.
TOTAL: 1499

I still give the minotaurs the standard bearer because anyway they're usually destroyed by shooting rather than other units in close combat.

Juicebox
12-07-2008, 13:36
Seems like a good list to me. How's it played?

Btw, kudos on the Centigors. Some people don't like em, but I think they're awesome.

akgaroth
12-07-2008, 19:24
Well, there's not much to say. My biggest herd, leaded by my general, and the bloody beastes of khorne are here to attack normal infantry and cheap infantry (zombies, skaven's slaves) to prevent any slow down to my minotaurs, who are in charge to destroy knights, chariots ... any unit too strong for my beast herds. The two chariots are here to attack annoying ASF troups (swordmasters, daemonettes) and protect my flanks from light fast chevalry. The two smaller herds are in charge to destroy missile troups and sorcerors or ,eventually , to attack the rear of my enemy, thanks to the special rule "ambush".
I use the centigors to support any unit in troubles and, thanks to their rule "move through woods" they won't slowed down by forests.
And the bray-shaman, i'm not sure if i should replace the staff of darkoth with another dispell scroll. the spell granted by the staff saved me once against tomb kings, but the rest of the time the bray-shaman couldn't give much support to my army. What do you think?