PDA

View Full Version : The Mongorks

valdrog
09-07-2008, 19:52
Sup fellow warbosses, after much putting together of chariots and other things, i am now ready to put this list to the test, ive been wanting to do it for a while, and i think im ready to try it ont he next tournament. Here is the list!

LORDS/HEROES
Black Orc Warboss
boar chariot, shagas screaming sword, enchanted shield, warbos best hat
Black orc bigboss
boar chariot, porkos pigsticka
Goblin shaman
lvl 1, wolf chariot, staff of sneaky stealing
Goblin shaman
lvl 1, wolf chariot, 2x dispell scrolls

CORE
Wolf riders
6 riders, musician, spears, banner
Wolf riders
6 riders, muscician, spears, banner
Spider riders
7 riders, musc, banner
Spider riders
7 riders, musc, banner
Night Goblins
20 NGs, bows, 2 fanatics
Night Goblins
20 NGs, bows, 2 fanatics

SPECIAL
Orc boar chariot
Orc Boar Chariot
Orc Boar Chariot
Orc Boar Chariot

RARE
Giant
Giant

This is a super hard hitting list, basically plan is to charge each enemy unit with 3 chariots or so and use the calv to flank and negate ranks. The 2 NG units are there to hold flanks and guard the rear from any nasty flyign monsters, let them land and face 4 fanatics. Giants do what giants do best, attract fire and smash things.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Makaber
20-07-2008, 00:49
Well, with the Black Orcs as they are, you're paying a not unsignificant amount of points for perks you don't use. There's no animosity to quell, and you don't get to benefit from Armed to da teef (and even if you did, the only option available would be a Great Weapon for +1 Strength). So I guess you have to ask yourself if it's worth spending 25 points for the Lord and 15 for the Hero for +1 WS and a slightly better armour save. Personally, that's 40 points I'd spend elsewhere.

Rastamann
21-07-2008, 10:49
I agree with Makaber. I also think the banners on the fast cavalry units are a waste of points and a potential game loser - you're going to give away 100 pts per banner lost to your enemy and those fast cav units haven't got the strength to destroy enemy combat blocks.

As for the characters, I'd make the Big Boss into a BSB. This set up (no banners on fast cav and regular orc characters) would save you 93 points, which you can use to either create a new fast cav unit or another NG regiment with one fanatic