PDA

View Full Version : Ogre Stampede!!!

Negafex
28-10-2005, 21:19
Heres my ogre list supposed to represent a mass ogre migration as much as possible with a 2000 pt list. without further adue.....

Tyrant- mastodon armor, ironfist

Butcher- halfling cookbook

Butcher- halfling cookbook

24 bulls- not sure how to split them up as far as unit sizes go, they all have ironfists

4 ironguts- to acompany tyrant

4 leadbelchers

28 gnoblar fighters- point fillers, pure and simple

there ya go, the whole list comes to exactly 2000 pts

WhiteStar
28-10-2005, 23:25
I would minimize the amount of bulls in favour of more Gnoblar fighters! Also consider scrapping leadbelchers in favour of some DOW stuff. I run my Ogre list with either Pikemen or Heavy Cavalry. No, no! Kiddin...

Seems nice to me. Be sure to split them leadbelchers up in two units of two. You might also consider dispelscrolls for them Butchers!

Negafex
29-10-2005, 01:50
i think more gnoblars are not a great idea cause every game i use them they get slaughtered by my opponents millions of skinks. dispell scrolls sound like a neat idea though. not too sure about other dow stuff as im a relative newbie to fantasy (ive only played two games). the leadbelcher comment ive seen a lot of lately splitting them up but an ogre unit has to number 3 or more to get a bull charge so im not sure about that

StugMeister
29-10-2005, 01:55
I say keep the DOW stuff outta there, it is an OK army afteral.

Also, get rid of the Gnoblars and have a few more Ogre Bulls.

Negafex
29-10-2005, 02:42
the gnoblars are only enough points for one more ogre so....
on another note what about the lord/heros, im not sure if they are any good cuz i dont know many good equiptment setups. maybe i could take out the gnoblars for more wargear for everybody. wadya think

Shuya
29-10-2005, 03:19
Halfling Cookbook is 1 per army you cant have two. Drop it and get a dispel scroll+ skull mantle

Iron fists IMHO = USELESS save yourself a few points and stick with X hand wepons

a 6+ armour save will be useless.

Read theese articles on Ogre items and units. Im sure they will help

http://www.ogrestronghold.com/articles/article16.htm
http://www.ogrestronghold.com/articles/article5.htm
http://www.ogrestronghold.com/articles/article3.htm

WhiteStar
29-10-2005, 08:03
I was actually kidding with the DOW stuff... I even wrote it out.

Yes, from my experience and others Ironfists make you pay for two abailities when you really only ever use one of them. I suggest dropping them. Trimming the fat of the ogres is the key here ;)

Cpt. Drill
29-10-2005, 13:13
Why do you want so many bulls? they are terrible! you shoudl max out on ironguts and leadbelchers!

Also dont underestimate the BANG-stick!

SmashemTaBitsa
03-11-2005, 18:59
Whatever you add do your army of thickskulls it will not be enough to defeat the power of the Blessed of the Old Ones! Oh, wait. You won both of those. Just wait until I get a Slann. Then all the Ironguts in the world won't be power enough to stop me! Muahahahaha....ha.....hmmm.

branchwrath
03-11-2005, 19:18
I've used Iron Fists many times with great effectiveness... I'd suggest keeping them.

And in combat with them they get a 5+ save, 4+ with LA.

Negafex
04-11-2005, 16:19
how so, i thought sheilds were 6+, with la it'd be a 5+. am i wrong?
on another note i think i may forgoe six bulls in favor of leadbelchers or ironguts but im not sure, possibly in favor of some maneaters or a gorger. then we'll see whos slann gets eaten by the gorger which appears right behind him. muahahahahahaha.....ha

Cpt. Drill
04-11-2005, 16:45
it gives you the hand weapon and shield bonus!

Both man eaters and a gorger are awesome!

Negafex
07-11-2005, 15:48
i just bought some maneaters so i have a grand total of 3 now the question is
great weapons or cathayan longswords? i already have ironguts so im leaning twords the swords but im not sure yet. and i am definitely using the gorger. are you allowed to have two rare choices in 2000 pts? im cutting the bulls down to 18 to pay for it and i may downgrade the tyrant to a bruiser

Cpt. Drill
07-11-2005, 17:21
I would have at least one with a great weapon! Not only does it look cool... but it gives you the magical strength 7 to play around with! let him hit chariots! (or her!)

Go for a unit of two maneaters one with a cathayan long sword and one with a great weapon! It will be the most efficeint! but units of three are fearsome! just take two cathayan longswords and one great weapon!

But i think you will fare far better to drop aload of regular ogres and go for more iron guts and leadbelchers!

Negafex
08-11-2005, 15:52
my maneaters are going to acompany my tyrant/bruiser (havent decided yet) and i think i might cut down to 12 bulls but that is the lowest i could go. i will take the time today to actually write up another army list with the changes

Avian
08-11-2005, 19:46
On Maneaters: a good rule of thumb is to use Longswords against T3 opponents and great weapons against T4 opponents.
I'd recommend at least one of each if you plan on making a generic list.
(In case it hasn't occured to you: don't give them handguns.)

I personally like to field a unit of 3 accompanied by my Battle Standard Bearer (Wallcrusher and Sword of Might) whenever I'm up against an army that doesn't have much in the way of shooting. They can dish out a world of hurts and are Stubborn on an 8 with a re-roll, so they can chew through just about anything.

Negafex
10-11-2005, 13:24
im definitely using both the maneaters and a gorger. im only going to use 12 bulls total. i may or may not include more ironguts and leadbelchers depending on how many other things i should add. look for an updated army list soon, i'll just edit the one on the first page