PDA

View Full Version : Codex: Tau and Codex: Tau Empire?

Remoah
11-07-2008, 09:33
Someone said there wasnt much diffrence between the old and new tau codexes? Ie: Only minor revisions/additions between the two and the addition of Kroot/Vespid.

Just wanting to know.

Sidstyler
11-07-2008, 09:46
More than just "minor revisions", if you ask me. We lost Aun'shi, ethereals were made useless, we got Vespid and piranhas, Kroot are all condensed into one entry instead of spread out around the FOC, special issue weapons and wargear, and that's just off the top of my head.

Either way you need the new codex anyway, so if you're planning on using the old one...don't. :p

Remoah
11-07-2008, 09:49
Ok... thanks mate.

Sidstyler
11-07-2008, 09:51
The fluff in the new one sucks though, I bought the old codex just for the background and hobby section. If I recall, the Damocles Gulf has a few pages devoted to it in Codex: Tau, and as little as a paragraph in TE. :(

xowainx
11-07-2008, 09:56
And the Skyray was added from Imperial Armour, although with a re-written role (it was originally an anti-aircraft vehicle which obviously has limited use in regular 40K).

Doomseer
11-07-2008, 10:18
Lots of nice shiny new and experimental Wargear, SkyRay, Piranha, Vespids, Aun'Va, Shadowsun, Extra support system for Stealthsuits, Landing gear for vehicles and a new 'stacking' Markerlight system...

Loads of changes, nearly all good ones!

Remoah
11-07-2008, 12:37
Ok, thanks guys.
Well i'll see if i can grab it for the fluff since it's free.
Thanks all.