PDA

View Full Version : Nid Battle force?

Von Bismarck
11-07-2008, 13:31
Im considering starting a 40k army for 5th ed (im a fantasy fan boi :D) and really like the nids, i will probably go for a very fast, assult army.

Bearing that in mind how good is the nid battle force for a basis for that style of army?

Putty
11-07-2008, 13:39
try getting the new assault brood box, it has enough stuff there to field a 1500 pt army and you get one more carnifex for the price of two battle forces.

ReclecteR
11-07-2008, 14:51
One battleforce is enough for a decent 500 point force, and is excellent monetary value. You essentially get a free box.
Therefore if you are willing to pay all that much money in one hit and will use the units provided, as stated, the assault swarm is good value.

Von Bismarck
11-07-2008, 15:40
ok cool, i think ill go for the battle force, becuase although the assalt brood is crazy good value its a little to much to start an army with.

thanks for the feed back

Mercer
11-07-2008, 15:42
Im considering starting a 40k army for 5th ed (im a fantasy fan boi :D) and really like the nids, i will probably go for a very fast, assult army.

Bearing that in mind how good is the nid battle force for a basis for that style of army?

The Nid battle force has Hormgaunts, Genestealers, Warriors, Carnifex & Gaunts in it. While all apart from the latter can be used for CC, however you will want large Gaunt broods to take fire power and give fire power so worth considering.

However as mentioned above, the assault brood maybe better for pure CC.

Mercer

Von Bismarck
11-07-2008, 19:53
isnt the assault brood basically 2x battle force + a carni? with a bigger discount

Bregalad
11-07-2008, 20:34
You need at least two battle forces for Tyranids, to have enough standard troops. Then add other things.

Fist of Crimson
11-07-2008, 20:35
Don't forget to hit Ebay for cheap termies and genestealers from the battle for macragge box. Bulks out the battalion nicely.

victorpofa
11-07-2008, 21:03
isnt the assault brood basically 2x battle force + a carni? with a bigger discount

Yup. Makes a nice 1500 point list. I will be trying to get my hands on one. I don't need a Tyrant until 2000 points. ;)

philbrad2
11-07-2008, 22:42
Battleforce is an excellent choice to start as it offer great value for money (most of the Xenos races battleforces do) Two will get you going and you can start to play with some tactics to see if you want to horde (Gaunts) slashy assault (Stealers) Zilla (Fex & Tyrants)

Actually if you purchase online (not fro GW :) ) you'll probably get it at an even better price.

PhilB
:chrome:

MaliGn
12-07-2008, 01:41
The Assault Brood box is to good a deal not to miss, I desperately want one, despite sadly lacking the funds. It's not too much to work from sure it's a lot, but don't get carried away when you're building them, pace yourself and have fun.