PDA

View Full Version : Avatar of Death and Dread Knigth rule quetsion.

lparigi34
12-07-2008, 18:02
Searched on this, but no straightforward answer.

Do you have to pay for any of the above mentioned Vampiric Powers before being allowed to wear another piece of armour? (my belief).

Do you have to select an appropriate combination if you also want to wear the Magic Shield at the same time? (my belief too).

Or can you take Magic Armour and/or Magic Shield right away without first selecting the Vampiric Power? (the opposition :D)

Loopstah
12-07-2008, 18:11
No, you can wear wear any magic armour without having Dread Knight or Avatar of Death.

No, you can take the magic shield without having Dread Knight or Avatar of Death.

So the opposition are correct, and your beliefs in this case are incorrect.

lparigi34
12-07-2008, 18:15
Well, pretty expensive power then (particularly AoD), considering than for only extra 10 points you can have the Cadaverous Cuirass & Enchanted shield for a full time 3+AS, Killing Blow and Poisoned Attacks...

theunwantedbeing
12-07-2008, 18:16
It does clarify this right above the magical armour section of the VC book.
For some reason it's generally unnoticed by anyone who reads it.

Loopstah
12-07-2008, 18:17
Well, pretty expensive power then (particularly AoD), considering than for only extra 10 points you can have the Cadaverous Cuirass & Enchanted shield for a full time 3+AS, Killing Blow and Poisoned Attacks...

You can't take the Enchanted Shield and Cadaverous Cuirass, as they are both Magic Armour of which you can only take one.

lparigi34
12-07-2008, 18:22
It does clarify this right above the magical armour section of the VC book.
For some reason it's generally unnoticed by anyone who reads it.

Sure I read it, and thus made my own opinion. My apologies here, but from what you post I do not understand which is your position.

lparigi34
12-07-2008, 18:23
You can't take the Enchanted Shield and Cadaverous Cuirass, as they are both Magic Armour of which you can only take one.

Agreed, my bad here.

Loopstah
12-07-2008, 18:24
"All vampires may be given magic armour (including the Enchanted Shield)."

Pg 85: Magic Armour

All means every vampire.

That's one sentence.

The next sentence is to ensure people don't try to stack the armour given by the power with the Magic Armour they choose (like some Daemon players want to do with the BT).

Festus
12-07-2008, 18:26
Hi

*All Vampires may be given magic armour (this includes the Enchanted Shield)*

VC Army Book, p.85

What is so hard to understand there??? :o

Festus

edit:

BTW, DK gives a 2+ Save, and AoD allows wepons not usually allowed to Vampires.

lparigi34
12-07-2008, 18:37
...The next sentence is to ensure people don't try to stack the armour given by the power with the Magic Armour they choose (like some Daemon players want to do with the BT).

Much appreciated, Loopstah.

This was my doubt, I myself would have never thought about the possibility of stacking those AS, so I first read AoD as a previous requirement.

Now I get it, nothing hard to understand, for those not-so-assertive...:skull: