PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed BoC update.

Grimstonefire
12-07-2008, 19:21
Hardly major news, and its probably known to most already...

There has been discussions of when GW would get round to doing 7th ed BOC. Talk of plastic minotaurs I think.

Anyway, I just checked the BoC FAQ which was updated 15/05/2008, it says:

'And finally, all you Beasts of Chaos players can rest assured that we have already begun to work on the new edition of the army book.'

I may be wrong, but I think they would not say this if they intended it to be released later than 2009. Call it a hunch or wishful thinking. :)

So as I said, its hardly major news, but at least confirms 'officially' that they are high up in the list of armies to redo.

DullMentalRacket
12-07-2008, 20:24
i can see it being a pretty easy release for them. A couple of army tweaks, some plastic minotaurs and viola!

hope my all minotaur army is still kicking after the book comes out

Lorcryst
12-07-2008, 23:06

Same here. My Khornate Army of Cows was already robbed of it's fastest elements (I had a couple of units of Flesh Hounds in there), but I've replaced them with more minotaurs ... I really hope that this option will stay in the future 7th ed BoC book ...

kylek2235
13-07-2008, 00:09
Lizardmen, Skaven, Beasts of Chaos are the rumored order of 2009.

TheWarSmith
13-07-2008, 03:35
i can see it being a pretty easy release for them. A couple of army tweaks, some plastic minotaurs and viola!

Can we please get some Tzeengors and Slaangors(metal or plastic, i don't care)? Or is GW planning on shafting Tzeentch as they always do?

Herod
13-07-2008, 05:46
Plastic DO's and Plastic Mino's are all I want. (Oh, and to be able to use my furies :D )

H

pox
13-07-2008, 06:00
oh man, BoC and skaven for me in the same year?

my two favorite armies for fantasy!

I think my heart will explode if this turns out to be true.

kylek2235
13-07-2008, 07:40
Unless Chaos Dwarves suddenly appear, that's the armies for next year. All armies have at least a little work done on them already. Skaven have been pushed back for years (I asked Gav about them at Chicago GamesDay 2 or 3 years ago!), Lizardmen models have already been sighted and BoC are going to be done ASAP or so more than a few GW have said.

Plastic Minotaurs makes sense, it's easier to stock and sell in regards to Great Weapons vs additional hand weapons. It's also not the first time I've heard this rumor.

rodmillard
13-07-2008, 07:50
I would expect Bestigors to be done in plastic, possibly with an upgrades sprue (like the one rumoured for Chaos Warriors, if not actually the same sprue) to allow you to mark them as different gods. I just hope the gods-awful 0-1 restriction is lifted on giving them marks (its the only reason I haven't bought more than one unit!)

Wargamejunkie
14-07-2008, 17:36
As was said before I will be a very poor man with Skaven AND Beastmen being released in the same year. Although it wont be that bad since I have most of the skaven army already completed.

I would like to see some more plastics and a larger selection of magic items. That and a more balanced spell list as far as power goes.

bork da basher
14-07-2008, 18:01
just started skaven and will likely be bored enough with them by the time the army book rolls around to reinvigorate my army with whatever new releases they chuck out. hoping for new decent looking clanrats but i doubt i'll get that.

Grimstonefire
14-07-2008, 20:02
I expect them to release new clanrats, but whether they will be decent is another matter.

They are going through adjusting the scale of all the races, so that's one reason already why they'll get new sculpts. Another is the ranking issue (always a problem).

I'd like to seem them redo the centigors in plastic. Would be easy to do and a lot cheaper ;) As the models are half decent looking already they'll probably give them a miss for an update.

Shimmergloom
14-07-2008, 21:04
I heard a rumor that centigors would be core or were being playtested as core. If they do make it as core, I'd think they would be released as plastics.

I'd think new sets for beasts would be centigors, plastic hounds(which would probably already be out for the mortals book), plastic ogres(also probably already out in a way for mortals as some sort of monster mutants to be a sort of ogre/troll unit for mortals) and new metal dragon orges.

Don't know about plastic minos. Most people buy them, so they may want to price continue the price gouge with metal minos at $20 each instead of plastics for $40 for 4 plastics.

WhiteKnight
14-07-2008, 21:06
Please GW, give us all plastic chariots. It is very annoying when I glue my Tuskgor heads to my plastic bodies. And please make plastic minotaurs, I dislike paying almost $200 for 8 minotaurs. Its rediculous. Or make a box of 4 and make it like $50 or cheapier if you love us.

zak
14-07-2008, 21:18
I would love plastic mino's, but I agree that GW may leave them metal to cash in. Especially if the new sculpts are good.
I also hope they get rid of the 0-1 for marked Bestigor. The current trend would suggest they are maing more options available so I think this is more likely than not.