PDA

View Full Version : 1000pts Undivided Demonic Legion, can it work?

Ethereal Alpaca
22-04-2005, 21:47
Since my skaven army is being brought to a close before long, I am considering starting up a demonic legion army, since I love the theme. I don't want to theme it around any one god, since I don't like any of them in particular (except maybe Tzeentch, but I don't like the way his daemons play), but the average battle size at my local club is 1000 pts. My question is, can an undivided daemonic legion army do well in battles of this size?

I was thinking of something like this for my army:

Exalted daemon, lvl 2 wizard.

15 Bloodletters w/ full command
15 plaguebearers w/ full command

4 Screamers of Tzeentch.

DO you think this list would do well? What would you change?

Black Ambience
22-04-2005, 23:42
It is nice in concept, but I'm afraid there are a couple of problems (assuming you are using the Daemonic Legion rules) - you cannot take Screamers without a Horror unit (True Core Unit rule).

It's sound in principle - a terror causing flyer and two rock hard assault units. Drop the Screamers to put a Blade of the Ether on your Exalted Daemon and then maybe splash out on some Furies?

Ethereal Alpaca
23-04-2005, 08:49
Ah, I should've taken a closer look at my SoC book. I'll take your advice and get some furies, here's a revised list:

Exalted daemon, lvl 2 wizard, Blade of the Ether .

15 Bloodletters w/ full command
15 plaguebearers w/ full command

6 Chaos Furies.

Black Ambience
23-04-2005, 11:30
Muuuch better! The infantry can handle just about anything (Bloodletters and Plaguebearers work very well in concert - their abilities compliment each other nicely), the Exalted Daemon can crush heavier targets and cause terror where ever you choose and the Furies can march block, hunt war machines and mages etc. Looking very good now, best of luck!

The Judge
24-04-2005, 14:51
Plaguebearers are undoubtedly the best daemonic unit out there...followed easily by Screamers. In a bigger army, take some crappy horrors, then you can have your Screamers!

arxhon
25-04-2005, 01:34
you cannot take Screamers without a Horror unit (True Core Unit rule).

I think you are confusing Screamers with Flamers.

Screamers are the flying unit of Tzeentch. Flamers are the things that are attached to horror units.

Unless there has been an additional restriction placed on Screamers stashed in some White Dwarf somewhere, you are allowed to take screamers without a horror unit.

Ethereal Alpaca
25-04-2005, 07:17
I looked it up, it's in the SoC book. For every true core unit, you are allowed to take one non-true core unit of the same god.

Selsaral
25-04-2005, 16:36
I think you are confusing Screamers with Flamers.

Screamers are the flying unit of Tzeentch. Flamers are the things that are attached to horror units.

Unless there has been an additional restriction placed on Screamers stashed in some White Dwarf somewhere, you are allowed to take screamers without a horror unit.

They're talking about the Daemonic Legion army list, a special, standalone army list that was published with the Storm of Chaos. It has dramatically different unit composition rules.