PDA

View Full Version : Happiness is...

zeep
14-07-2008, 00:26
...Letting your opponent , who is known for cheating, roll his psi check for a force weapon... killing himself with potw, and then pointing out that hive tyrants are now immune to force weapons anyway. :D

I may have to give fifth a +1 just for the ten minute rant I happily received after not letting him "take it back."

marv335
14-07-2008, 01:03
watching two Crimson Fist assault terminators charge into a unit of 15 orks, and then cut them down as they fled from the (losing) combat.

Freakiq
14-07-2008, 01:10
Seeing an expensive close combat unit charge a five man squad of chaos marines, slaughter them and consolidate into the open, right in front of your heaviest guns. :evilgrin:

starlight
14-07-2008, 01:16
An entire game without argument or conflict (off the tabletop). :p

Warpcrafter
14-07-2008, 01:24
Seeing the deep, deep confusion on people's faces for the twenty or so minutes that it takes for me to explain to them what a tabletop miniature game is. (I don't get much of a chance to practice my condescending tone!)

starlight
14-07-2008, 01:46
Well, using a condescending tone is your first mistake...:(

The second is taking twenty minutes...:eek: I can usually do it in less than one and certainly less than five, even answering all their questions...

Seriously, you play with toy soldiers, what is there to be condescending about in the first place? We're geeks, we play with toys, get over it...:eyebrows:

Caiphas Cain
14-07-2008, 01:47
Tau wasting assult marines funniest moment ever

gideon0330
14-07-2008, 01:52
Earning a Black Pearl...It's a Dark Angel thing, you wouldn't understand :D

Kronos
14-07-2008, 02:41
when fw delivered a model within two - three weeks.

ZamOne
14-07-2008, 02:52
when a Necron lord with res orb and phylactery gets gibbed by your chaplain with temri honours, power weapon, extra ccw and charge bonus only to get back up next turn as if nothing happened at all.

oh wait...

Hicks
14-07-2008, 03:22
There's plenty:

1) Guardsmen winning close combats they should lose, like killing DE lords, st-Celestine etc...

2) IG command squad comming out of hiding to intercept a flying daemon prince with a volley of plasma effectively killing the beasty.

3) Stopping the enemy from rampaging through your lines dead in their tracks with a charge from a squad of Grey Knight terminators.

4) Winning with GKs!

sir.spamalot
14-07-2008, 03:40
blowing up your own attacking troops by still shooting your endless streams of ordnance into enemy lines. :)

Comrade Penguin
14-07-2008, 04:01
When a single inquisitor with psycannon killed a farseer and two warlocks in a single round of firing. My opponent's face was priceless when I told him he couldn't take his invuln and that the str 6 autokilled his farseer

pox
14-07-2008, 04:12
having ten gretchin open up on teminators, and killing one.

Damocles8
14-07-2008, 04:36
Failing 3 out of 5 terminator saves....of course they were my terminators but.....it was still funny.....

Ghost Of Caliban
14-07-2008, 04:43
realising how much better chaos backbacks are for dark angels than imperial ones and then looking at all the weapons and seeing how easily they can be trimmed/filed to make your DA look as mean as the artwork for them...

BLARGAG!!!
14-07-2008, 04:56
actually having a fully painted and based army (this hasnt happened to me yet, but im getting pretty damn close)

jeramy404
14-07-2008, 05:55
Seeing a Daemon Prince lose its last wound to a drone in close combat.

or

Winning a set of Ork bikes in 5th launch trivia time at your semi-local gaming store (that's what I did on the weekend!)

WallWeasels
14-07-2008, 06:12
Having Saint Celestine turned into a chaos spawn. Come back onto the board and then kill the spawn and the Sorcerer later in the game ;)

Kulgur
14-07-2008, 07:54
...attacking Logan Grimnar with 10 Daemonettes for 40 rending attacks on the charge
...making a Brass Scorpion feel so threatened by a twin heavy flamer immolator that it fires its' demolisher cannon at point blank range only for it to scatter back and blow up aforementioned cannon
...having a chaos lord stray too close to the same immolator while it's immobile and get torched

AllisterCaine
14-07-2008, 07:57
Having tanks. A lot of tanks.

grumpy old gamer
14-07-2008, 08:38
About half way through the game and the door bell goes - pizza arrived.
Getting together once a month just to wait for the door bell with good mates and alcohol free beer (I have to drive)
Finally...crushing the spirit out of your best man and seeing the tears of fustration pour down his face as you anhilate his carefully thought out battle plan with the wing and prayer you thought up on the drive over... and getting the last pizza slice.

Occulto
14-07-2008, 08:38

*applauds*

Well played sir. :D

Brucopeloso
14-07-2008, 09:38
When a single inquisitor with psycannon killed a farseer and two warlocks in a single round of firing. My opponent's face was priceless when I told him he couldn't take his invuln and that the str 6 autokilled his farseer

Even better if he also casted fortune on said council :D

Dav0r
14-07-2008, 10:41
Having a laugh when I missed five 3+ saves (http://www.zeliste40k.fr/index.php?q=im&gal=129&idx=5744&from=101) with my ... five men assault squad :P

Doomseer
14-07-2008, 10:49
Or when your opponent fails exactly Five 2+ saves from Storm Guardian Shuriken Pistols on his twin AC Terminator squad of death! Two minutes prior he was sarcastically wishing me luck, Hahahahaha! Now thats happiness!

Armilthuan
14-07-2008, 11:27
..killing two Terminators with three Gaurdsmen.

..seeing a Basislisk blow itself up when the shot scatters exactly six inches back into it's hull.

..Fire Warriors beating a Winged Hive Tyrant in Combat and a Crisis battlesuit commander killing a (depleted) Carnifex in combat. On the same player turn.

..realising the game is still a game based on dice and that odd things can happen.

Remember, always laugh harder than your opponent when your stuff dies. It makes for a good game.

Saul T
14-07-2008, 12:44
When the 3 deepstriking obliterators scatter off the table when they should be about to deliver the final killing blow. Might not happen much now.

Most of all rolling dice. Lots of dice. :)

x-esiv-4c
14-07-2008, 12:47
Happiness is when your wife who doesn't play 40k comes with you into a GW and starts figuring out what army to play.

Ironhand
14-07-2008, 12:52
An entire game without argument or conflict (off the tabletop). :p

Amen brother!

hemogoblin
14-07-2008, 13:34
...having my CC termy lord with strength, twin LC, and full wounds charge 6 Firewarriors in cover and get killed without taking down a single firewarrior!

...using my warhound. isnt fully built yet but i can imagine its fun!

...designing a beautiful colour scheme

About half way through the game and the door bell goes - pizza arrived.
Getting together once a month just to wait for the door bell with good mates and alcohol free beer (I have to drive)
Finally...crushing the spirit out of your best man and seeing the tears of fustration pour down his face as you anhilate his carefully thought out battle plan with the wing and prayer you thought up on the drive over... and getting the last pizza slice.

i think someone REALLY likes pizza.

rodmillard
14-07-2008, 13:46
Happiness is when your wife who doesn't play 40k comes with you into a GW and starts figuring out what army to play.

Amen to that! I've got her to play WFB and LOTR - its only a matter of time...

My classic comedy moment was when my assault sergeant rolled 3 1s in a row with his MC plasma pistol.

The best "wow factor" moment was when a khorne daemon prince charged my tactical squad, wiping out all but the missile launcher guy who then proceeded to beat him to death with the butt end of his weapon ;) I went out and bought a [metal] cyclone terminator after that one...

Havesome
14-07-2008, 13:48
Having a multi-part metal model glue together with no problems.

solvay
14-07-2008, 13:57
being able to repeatedly look at mad larkin uk's tanks and tell him whats about to happen when i roll the die...
"3 hits"- 3 hit
"3 penetrate"- 3 6's to penetrate
"3 explodes"- 3 6's on the damage table

also the line for leadbelchers from the ogre kingdom armybook.... "Boom, Hur, Hur, Hur..."

Jack5h1t
14-07-2008, 14:03
Having a multi-part metal model glue together with no problems.

No no no, never happens

The Lord of Hats
14-07-2008, 14:10
...Taking a Monolith against an Eldar player who has yet to learn what the Living Metal rule does.

Messiahnide
14-07-2008, 14:16
Having a fiance whose stepdad has a huge fully stocked model workshop who lets me have full use of all his tools, and an understanding fiance whose happy to let me paint for hours on end as long as she gets to watch her sex and the city/ CSI box sets while im doing it.

Kyrolon
14-07-2008, 14:35
...the expectation of waiting for my 5th edition to arrive in the mail. I love it when everything feels new and shiny again. It will be a fun few hours when it gets here and I can peruse its pages and get that "new book" smell.

RazielZian
14-07-2008, 19:33

Yeah i'd have to agree with this one...

40kdhs
14-07-2008, 19:49
Happiness is all in a new DH codex, baby. I dream about it every day.

Danny Internet
14-07-2008, 20:05
...a lone Fire Dragon inflicting Instant Death on a Tau Crisis Suit HQ and destroying a Hammerhead...while falling back

MrBigMr
14-07-2008, 21:09
...a warm gun.

But seriously:
...when you roll D6 on a spell that's 6+ difficulty, and you opponent rolls 4D6 to dispel, rolling all ones. The spell fries his unit of heavy cavalry.

...when your Wood Elf lord kills a charging Nurgle lord and 3 of his 4 knight retinues alone, 3 knights with his magic bow and the lord in a challenge with his great weapon.

...when your bolter armed lieutenant kicks the ass of a power weaponed Swooping Hawk exarch in CC.

...when you opponent decides to humiliate you in BFG, flying next to your last cruiser and pouring all fire into it, resulting in a warp core breach, massive detonation, him losing about half his fleet, one of his cruisers detonating its plasma reactor, another massive detonation, destroying pretty much everything he had left, another of his ships having also a warp core breach and a third massive detonation resulting in his fleet being reduced to his crippled command cruiser and his massacre victory being reduced to a tie.

...when you have two cruisers in one wing, the other one suffers a warp core breach and the detonation is so small that it doesn't reach the cruiser flying right next to it (rolled all ones on the range).

Fire Harte
14-07-2008, 21:16
Kickin' butt with guard unexpectedly!

lotrchampion
14-07-2008, 21:18
Tau Fire Warriors killnig Azrael, Chapter Master of the Dangels. In combat. :D

Beating up Space Marine Chaplains in Termie armour with a Tau Commander. In combat.

To summarise: Tau doing well. In combat. :P

Corrupt
14-07-2008, 21:45
Having a disgruntled Guardsman veteran sergeant pass his last man standing, move 6" with a shotgun and double tap a space marine captain (2 would one) in the unhelmeted face. 3,3 to hit 5,6 to wound and 2,2 for his saves. Kersplat. Decapitation:P

Kyrolon
14-07-2008, 22:21
...crushing your enemies, seeing them driven before you, and hearing the lamentations of their women. :)

Oh wait, that's the greatest JOY in life. Sorry. I'll stick with my previous answer.

Dan

borithan
14-07-2008, 22:31
Tau wasting assult marines funniest moment ever
I nearly killed a Carnifex in combat with Firewarriors. Had one wound left at the end of the game, and took two turns to kill the guys.

pityedbythedicegods
14-07-2008, 22:40
A single CSM fighting a unit of 20 necron warriors winning and phasing out the army.

godking
14-07-2008, 22:53
killing a 205pt. DA HQ...with an ORK!!!(nob w/pk)

Wraithian
14-07-2008, 22:55
Happiness is a belt-fed weapon. ;)

Otherwise, when the second half of my Daemons army shows up on turn 2...

HsojVvad
14-07-2008, 23:36
My 3 year old at the time woke up earlier than me on moring. Painted my Flamer from the Battle of Macragge set, my only flamer and he painted it every colour he could grab onto. At least he painted the flamer bolt gun metal lol.

He was so proud of it, the smile on his face, that is happiness, I just coldn't be pissed at him for it.

And any time he plays wiht the minis thinking he is acctually playing 40k. Even if the minis break, he is so happy playing with daddy. That my friends is HAPPINESS

grumpy old gamer
15-07-2008, 00:47
HsojVvad - Mine is playing with horsies and the angry robot - ie my old chaos knights and a really old Eddie pattern robot / dread. Yeah he breaks them but it's so cool to hear the pow wow noises and see the complete excitment in his face. It's what 40k should be, bang bang your dead...snap!! He's a future ork player if ever I heard one.
Oh and he lets me eat all the pizza.

CannedLaughter
15-07-2008, 01:41
Killing a phoenix lord on the first turn of the game with one volley from a dakkatyrant, and my opponent's leman russ blowing itself up with a bad scatter.

MrBigMr
15-07-2008, 01:45
and my opponent's leman russ blowing itself up with a bad scatter.
That's nothing. I've once heard about an incident where a leman russ shot at enemies right in front of it, scattered the shot behind it and killed of his own command squad.

Sidstyler
15-07-2008, 01:55
To summarise: Tau doing well. In combat. :P

Agreed. I once made a squad of raptors fall back in combat with my suits, and then I shot them up in the resulting turn. :p

Chem-Dog
15-07-2008, 01:59
Dropping a Demolisher shell right on top of the Death Company Chaplain, taking out most of the guys in black and watching the Chappy fail his Rosarius save. 1st shot of the game.

RazielZian
15-07-2008, 02:03
Ohh I have another... Playing a BFG finals campaign (battle royale style) 6 players me playing chaos... Necrons enter with their scythe... oops it started 89cm from my active Blackstone... first turn... no more scythe...

Copella
15-07-2008, 02:37
A defiler backing away from a lone canoness after she charged it. Failing to do anything in the shooting, and get opened up like a pudding pop in assault against her.

Sidstyler
15-07-2008, 03:23
Well that seemed rather pointless...:eyebrows:

Something I found rather frustrating was firing a railgun at a Chaos lord every freaking round, and watching him pass his invulnerable save every time. I think he eventually got into combat with my hammerhead, immobilzed it, and of course that meant "boom" in 4th.

I think, anyway...doesn't sound right now that I think about it, I don't think Chaos lords are that powerful. Might have been a daemon prince.

Curufew
15-07-2008, 03:39
The first time in a year that I use my Ethereal, it proceeds to deal a wound on a Chaos Lord and the kroots went on to kick its butt. Well all that muscle training actually work for that Ethereal (The model that I have is the one that looks like he is carrying dumb bells)

Griffin
15-07-2008, 07:36
Having a Fully painted and based army, playing a opponent with one, having no arguments and both having a hell of a good time.

Wraithian
15-07-2008, 07:48
My 3 year old at the time woke up earlier than me on moring. Painted my Flamer from the Battle of Macragge set, my only flamer and he painted it every colour he could grab onto. At least he painted the flamer bolt gun metal lol.

He was so proud of it, the smile on his face, that is happiness, I just coldn't be pissed at him for it.

And any time he plays wiht the minis thinking he is acctually playing 40k. Even if the minis break, he is so happy playing with daddy. That my friends is HAPPINESS

Dude, I've still got a squad of Chaos Marines I drop on the board from time to time that my lad painted when he was 3.

It's funny, the look on a new opponents face, then I tell them their story. Come to think of it, I've never had a bad game dropping that squad on the table. Sure, I've had losses, but the games were always fun. I don't know if it's because I showed pride in my boy, or that I showed some sort of kindness by fielding them (he comes to our LGS with me, he's 6 now). Maybe there is no explanation for it. Just the "magic" of human emotion, I suppose. :)

Hive Mind 33
15-07-2008, 09:31
A full squad of GK termies deep striking in front of a full brood of hormagaunts. Killing not a single model and taking a full 96 attacks. :D:D:evilgrin::evilgrin:

Bran Dawri
15-07-2008, 09:48
...Casting Stormcaller on your 10-strong (not including character and wolf guard leader) grey hunter unit just hanging around in a forest "just in case". Then have an overconfident Chaos player Lash the unit into assaulting range, assault it (taking care not to engage the character/wolf guard). Then going: "You done moving?" "Yeah, let's get to striking." "No, now I get to counterassault, and then I strike first with more attacks (wolf pelts FTW) cos I'm in cover. Yes, I know you've just pulled the unit out of the forest. But, see, it's really misty all of a sudden..."

Proceed to eat up the rest of his army now his cc teeth are pulled.

Priceless :D .

bosstroll
15-07-2008, 10:00
Happines is just a temporary chemical imbalance of the true state of mind ;)