PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Bretonnian army.

Wez
29-10-2005, 14:34
What do people think of this army?

Would anyone consider it unbalanced?

Anything you would change in it?

Lords

226 - Bretonnian Lord (131), warhorse, shield (3), Questing vow (12), Sword of the Quest (50) and the Gromril Great Helm (30).

Heroes

140 - Damsel (70), extra level (35), warhorse (10) and a dispel scroll (25)

150 - Damsel (70), extra level (35), warhorse (10), dispel scroll (25) and Potion Sacre (10).

94 – Paladin (74), BSB, Sword of might (20).

Core units

128 – 5 Knights of the realm (120), musician (8). With BSB

144 – 5 Knights of the realm (120), musician (8) and standard bearer (16). With Damsel

265 – 9 Knights of the realm (216), musician (8), standard bearer (16) and Warbanner (25).

127 – 16 Skirmishing bowmen (112), musician (5) and standard bearer (10).

Special units

82 – 5 Mounted yeomen (75), musician (7).

82 – 5 Mounted yeomen (75), musician (7).

167 – 5 Questing Knights (140), musician (9) and standard bearer (18). Joined by general

175 – 3 Pegasus knights (165) with musician (10).

Rare units

220 - 5 Grail knights (190), musician (10) and standard (20). Joined by damsel

Total: 2000

Against shooty armies, I’ll just have to charge forward, but against most armies I’ll wait till turn 3 or so before charging, so that my 25 bows and 4 levels of magic can do as much damage as possible.

I’ve tried to keep wargear levels low, so I can keep model count quite high for an ‘elite’ army.

EDIT: Made a few changes.

-Wez

Thorack
29-10-2005, 15:30
I think it is worth giving grail knights a standard, but not the pegasus knights. I don't know how many points it is but I would drop the warbanner on the peasants.

Lord Anathir
29-10-2005, 17:13
damsel joining the grail knights? hmmm...if possible, try to get the damsel in the centre of a ranked knight unit. Once three knights are killed, the damsel is open to attack...and believe me, it is not hard at all to kill 3 kotr or 3 grail knights.

Apart from that though dont bother with a pegusii standard, but get one on the grail knights. Dont bother with waiting for ur 4 levels of magic and bows to kill something, because...they wont. Dont expect them to kill ranked units, but massed bowfire is excellent for killing flying, fast cav, and other annoying and cheap things that are not worth using a knight unit to chase after.

Personally, I would ditch magic alltogether, dropping the extra levels and swapping the stone for a scroll. 6 power dice wont do much more then 4, but 3 scrolls will see you through the toughest of ur opponents spells until you charge in. Remember, when ur playing an offensive army like Brettonia, you only really need to counter 2-4 turns of magic, after that, ur hacking in combat.

Wez
29-10-2005, 20:13
I think it is worth giving grail knights a standard, but not the pegasus knights. I don't know how many points it is but I would drop the warbanner on the peasants.
They don't have a warbanner.:eyebrows:

Lord Anathir: I don't want to take just a scroll caddy because it's boring and I hate them. I will swap the power stone for a standard on the grial knights though. I'll get another bowman for the points.

Apart from that though dont bother with a pegusii standard, but get one on the grail knights. Dont bother with waiting for ur 4 levels of magic and bows to kill something, because...they wont.
It doesn't have to kill much, just fast cavalry and the like. There's no reason to charge earlier really, if I can outshoot my opponent.

-Wez

Lord Anathir
29-10-2005, 20:23
thats cool....i suppose it makes sense to sit back and outshoot ur opponent. Maybe a magic armor on ur bsb would be nice so that he doest die too easily. If im not mistanke, ur bsb has a 3+ AS?

Wez
29-10-2005, 20:34
thats cool....i suppose it makes sense to sit back and outshoot ur opponent. Maybe a magic armor on ur bsb would be nice so that he doest die too easily. If im not mistanke, ur bsb has a 3+ AS?
...and a ward save of 6/5+.

I can protect my lord or my BSB, but not both effectively. The BSB, while valuable, isn't so useful as I'll be taking relatively few break tests. The ld9 of the lord is far more useful as you can use it for psychology tests. The BSB is also only 94pts, which I can afford ot lose.

-Wez

Lord Anathir
30-10-2005, 01:35
Looks good....
Go forth duke and cleanse the lands from evil in the name of the Lady of the Lake.